Sign in to follow this  
Craig Brown

Fake Fans - Foreigners Who Support English Teams

Sorry these foreigners who watch games in an armchair and claim to be Liverpool / Man Utd / Chelsea aren''t fans. All they bloody do is sit in front of a TV screen from a million miles away. Proper fans support their local team. They attend the home games and attended all the away games. Some of these foreigners have never been to watch those teams I mentioned in their life - they are couch sofas - supporting team is attending games by paying for tickets and giving the club money!! There is such a thing is a fake plastic fan - if you are from Norwich - you wouldn''t support Liverpool would you? How can you support that club when they are the other side of the country to you? Its absurd ridiculous!!! What is the point in someone from Norwich choosing to support Real Madrid - just watching from a TV screen and never going to the games?

Maybe the fan likes their style of play, their level of class, the overall feel of the team. Maybe they see that team on tv enough to develop an attachment. But most likely, they''re just trying to pi-iss you off.

I love this club, but it amazes me that some local fans think City are some kind of draw for plastic glory hunting fans.  I got news for you, theyre not !

Everyone has their own story as to why they support the club, local or not, but as long as they support the club thats all that matters. 

Get over it ffs

*head desk*
For what must be the billionth time, OP is trolling you all, please stop biting, it only encourages the little twerp!

Its a big big world out there. If everyone only supported their local club, Norwich fans would be only those who live inside the boundaries of the City.   People in Wroxham could only support Wroxham, Derhamites could only support Dereham Town, heck - Thorpe St Andrew folk could only support Thorpe Village FC. 

If  someone follows your club with affection or shows allegiance - welcome them with open arms.  If  a local wants to support Liverpool or Barcelona - let them - no point in trying to change them or ridicule them.   Most of us are lucky, born in Norwich/Norfolk and follow the club and its in our blood, others choose to support it for whatever reason - they should be welcome and appreciated. 

I''ve lived in Bradford sine 1997, moving from Beccles. Spent first 14 years in Lowestoft. Parents are from South Wales. No fans are fake if they have not had the opportunity to watch their team live, they just have to have some sort of emotional connection to their team. I watch Bradford''s fantastic cup runs, losing my voice at Valley Parade... I only get to watch Norwich away from home occasionally. I consider myself a Norwich fan and when we play at Valley Parade I swap to the away area and hope I have bragging rights against my work colleagues the following Monday.

[quote user="Craig Brown"]I couldn''t help but notice some of these foreigners on Facebook who claim to support Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal & Man City. Yet some of these people are from places like Somalia, and other countries from around the world. These aren''t true fans. They are plastic fans who just support a winning team. Most of us Norwich fans are proper fans - we support Norwich because we were born in Norwich. What is the point in supporting Barcelona if we are from Norwich? Some people are so ridiculous!!![/quote]

The bottom line here is that people who jeer at what they call ''plastics'' are small minded unpleasant people with probable inferiority complexes...

... Grew up in Downham Market (is that too far away?)

...live in London

...games attended - not (as) many (as I''d like)

[quote user="Benjamin (Bradford)"]I''ve lived in Bradford sine 1997, moving from Beccles. Spent first 14 years in Lowestoft. Parents are from South Wales. No fans are fake if they have not had the opportunity to watch their team live, they just have to have some sort of emotional connection to their team. I watch Bradford''s fantastic cup runs, losing my voice at Valley Parade... I only get to watch Norwich away from home occasionally. I consider myself a Norwich fan and when we play at Valley Parade I swap to the away area and hope I have bragging rights against my work colleagues the following Monday.

Interesting argument Benjamin, you never attend Norwich games, go to Bradford games and support them very vocally, you are Welsh by ancestry but because Norwich are in the premier league you are a Norwich fan.

Thanks for the insight and proving further  the point.

Miss Bum Bum

Good day Miss Bum, Bum... Yes never had a season ticket but massive fan. Been to about 300 Norwich matches since 1987 these probably been split evenly between home & away... Robert Rosario to Jacob Murphy, I love my Norwich team. Only went to 5 Bradford matches last season, admittedly more than watching Norwich. My last live Norwich game was our 1-0 loss to Middlesboro at home (ruddy typical!)before the play offs. I have turned jobs down if it involves working on Saturdays as tuning into Canary Player is a bigger priority. I was in trouble at my sisters wedding as I missed the speeches sat in my car to a victory against Bristol a few years back. I don''t think I should be considered a fake fan because I live too far away from Norwich. Oh yes, I am ordering our disgusting third strip to wear & show where my loyalties lie at any Bradford match I attend this season!

I wasn''t being a fake fan when celebrating Jamie Cureton''s green-haired goal at Portman Road in the home end. The only time I have left a Norwich game early. I was very grateful how quickly the stewards kicked me out though as I was not so popular... The third strip is so spectacularly ugly I cannot wait to accept delivery!

Removing the bait gently, now bending the hook straight....there that''s better. Now what were you saying young Master Brown? Right, nothing at all. ...Tedious.[quote user="morty"]Hook----->baited.[/quote]

[quote user="Miss Bum Bum"]4 pages my work is done here[/quote]
Really? That is good news, perhaps you can toddle off back to TWTD where you belong.