Sign in to follow this  
Craig Brown

Fake Fans - Foreigners Who Support English Teams

I couldn''t help but notice some of these foreigners on Facebook who claim to support Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal & Man City. Yet some of these people are from places like Somalia, and other countries from around the world. These aren''t true fans. They are plastic fans who just support a winning team. Most of us Norwich fans are proper fans - we support Norwich because we were born in Norwich. What is the point in supporting Barcelona if we are from Norwich? Some people are so ridiculous!!!

[quote user="Sir Anthony Blunt"]We have our fair share of plastics to just look at where so of our so called fans live[/quote]

This really is the most ridiculous thing to suggest.

I am from Norfolk. I went to Carrow Road for home games with my grandfather growing up. I moved to Los Angeles and get up at stupid o''clock on a Saturday morning just to listen to or watch our matches.

If that makes me ''not a proper fan'' or a ''plastic'' in your eyes you are not living in the real world where people have both careers and a football team they are passionate about.

[quote user="Sir Anthony Blunt"][quote user="morty"]Hook----->baited.[/quote]

Am hoping for at least a 4 pager[/quote]I am pretty sure someone will oblige....

I will try to help. A lot of my posts end up as the first one on the second page...

This really is the most ridiculous thing to suggest.

I am from Norfolk. I went to Carrow Road for home games with my grandfather growing up. I moved to Los Angeles and get up at stupid o''clock on a Saturday morning just to listen to or watch our matches.

If that makes me ''not a proper fan'' or a ''plastic'' in your eyes you are not living in the real world where people have both careers and a football team they are passionate about.

You misunderstood me clearly. I never said it was wrong for people from Norfolk to support Norwich from another side of the world did I?

What I am condemning is these people who claim to support teams like Liverpool / Man City / Arsenal / Chelsea and yet they come from places like Ethopia and places like that!

Those types of people aren''t fans - they are glory hunters - being a fan means you wherever you are born in whatever part of the world - you support your local team from where you are from.

[quote user="craigbrown2015"]This really is the most ridiculous thing to suggest.

You misunderstood me clearly. I never said it was wrong for people from Norfolk to support Norwich from another side of the world did I?

What I am condemning is these people who claim to support teams like Liverpool / Man City / Arsenal / Chelsea and yet they come from places like Ethopia and places like that!

Those types of people aren''t fans - they are glory hunters - being a fan means you wherever you are born in whatever part of the world - you support your local team from where you are from.[/quote]

Is this Craig Brown or craigbrown2015?

[quote user="Sir Anthony Blunt"]We have our fair share of plastics to just look at where so of our so called fans live[/quote]I agree with you Waveney, as far away as Lowestoft some of ''em! [:''(] 

I''m supporting Norwich because I am an Alex Neil fan ...I think you Norwich fans should support Dundee fc ..but that''s my opinion 😀

[quote user="Molly Windley"]
Bloody foregners, staying over there and watching our football.
[/quote]

bloody hard workers though

Get over it, a fan is a fan, plastic or not. Most fans spend money on the club and that''s why the big clubs travel the world preseason.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Ginja"]Hello Waveney, what number account is this one? [;)][/quote]I''m guessing about 60% of the posts on this forum so far are from Waveney in some way, shape or form.[/quote]
Fixed [;)]

I didn''t realise that supporting a football club was an exclusive thing, lakin to having an account at Coutts Bank or being a member of the Billingham Club.

If some poor soul unfortunate enough to live in impoverished, war ravaged Somalia gleans pleasure from supporting Manchester United in his own way who am I to judge?

If a Bangkok taxi driver who, whilst sitting in perpetual traffic jams and constantly spitting pollutants for a pittance, looks forward to the end of his shift because a Liverpool game is to be televised that night, who am I to judge?

Neither harm me.

None topic.

Oh and, by the way, it is partly because of the support of these "plastics" (inane word) that Norwich City Football Club will reap such rich rewards from participating this coming season in the Premier League.

It is the popularity of our top clubs Worldwide that makes the PL such a saleable product. Not many support the Norwich Citys of the League, unfortunately.

Clearly the plastic fan does great harm to the club. Contributions on here are a great example. Spouting opinions about the club that are based on assumptions rather than facts is a clear example.

Again because people call out these issues they are again labelled as this Waveney bogey man.

Not all real fans are happy clappers in fact there is a direct correlation between plasticity and happy clapping!

People really need to stop falling for this nonsense, it''s nothing more than a persistent troll trying to wind people up for attention.

8,000 miles away (not through choice) Guess I must be a plastic- hey ho.

You can stop over in St.Lucia for a bit of respite from your duty as part of the occupying force. Keep in mind that fatigues are not permitted to be worn here.

[quote user="1982"]8,000 miles away (not through choice) Guess I must be a plastic- hey ho.[/quote]

The first part of any therapy is understanding you have a problem. Now you have self diagnosed yourself the next stage is to support your local team.

Keep up with the self help we are all proud of you

[quote user="Sir Anthony Blunt"]Now you have self diagnosed yourself the next stage is to support your local team.....[/quote]You mean......just like you Suffolk boys do Waveney?