Sign in to follow this  
Big Rob

Heroes to Villains...

I cant remember too many players who were such fan favourites to go on to become targets for abuse as Damien Francis seems to have done (and rightly so i might add)

How many other former city stars left on such bad terms? I can only really think of Keef O''Neill.....

Take your recent pick from

Andy Marshall

Andy Johnson

Lee Marshall

Tim Sherwood (although not really a hero when here)

and the list goes on and on....................

Do not think that Keith O''neill left under a cloud, but the club were daft not to sell him earlier when Newcastle (allegedly) bid £3.5 million for him.

Great player for us though (when fit!)

Steve Bruce - his behaviour not dissimilar to Francis'' and was an object of despair and hate before finally signing for Manure on the cheap.

The way Tim "showpony" Sherwood chased the money at Blackburn Rovers after, I believe, refusing to start pre-season training always rackled me. I also hate players leaving the club for a team in the same division as you know they are going to get on the scoresheet. I recall Efan Ekoku doing just that for Wimbledon at Carrow Road circa 1994-95, I think

[quote]Andy Marshall?[/quote]

face it vicar,

although he was a total judas, he was a pretty good keeper most* of the time

*note the most!

[quote]face it vicar, although he was a total judas, he was a pretty good keeper most * of the time *note the most![/quote]

Considering he''s currently in the Millwall reserves and his understudy is in the England squad, I wouldn''t have said he was pretty good most of the time!  I see your point though AJ but what he did was completely unforgivable

hes not very good a wording things is he:

Marshall added: "I spoke to Steve and told him my feelings on the matter, but what we said will remain between him and me."