Sign in to follow this  
row

An Open Letter to David McNally

I have written an Open Letter to David McNally for The Norwich Radical http://thenorwichradical.com/2015/07/20/an-open-letter-to-david-mcnally-make-norwich-city-fc-a-zero-carbon-club/ and have set up a 38 Degrees petition alongside it https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/make-norwich-city-fc-a-zero-carbon-club?source=facebook-share-button&time=1437381689

I am calling on the club to take action to improve their environmental sustainability, following the model of Forest Green Rovers.

Let''s make Norwich City the first Premier League''s first carbon zero club!

*Let''s make Norwich City the Premier League''s first carbon zero club!

While your at it row have you written to the Chinese leadership? India leadership? Russia and all the other non believers?

Na! Thought not

who cares when this countries whole pollution for a year can be kicked out by china in a day

do gooder lets set an example weirdo

Row

"Let''s make Norwich City the first Premier League''s first carbon zero club! "

If this means the fat lad sitting in front of me will have to stop farting every ten minutes ( and I suspect worse when we score) then I''m with you.

I think this is a great idea, the club could definitely market itself as Yellow And Green. Always going to get a few silly comments, but there is no reason the club can not be environmentally and financially sustainable with the riches the premier league hands out.

It would really help raise the profile of the club by helping it stand out on and off the pitch. I''ll be signing up. Good luck.

I''m don''t think the original post is suggesting we build a new stadium, but an agreement to invest in green infrastructure at Carrow road and Colney, wouldn''t cost anything at first, then a steady investment to reduce the clubs carbon footprint.

It''s a bit silly trying to compare the two situations to be honest, other than suggesting that a club with a small fan base and resources are able to become zero carbon, then a larger size club should also be able to commit to such a cause.

This may surprise you, i had a meeting with the club on similar note recently, and without sharing too much the club is aware of opportunities that are there for them to reduce its carbon footprint, save money and take the lead in many of these area''s, and as area''s of CR and Colney are developed / redeveloped i''m sure the board will grasp the opportunity. And it probably won''t cost them too much at all !

There is absolutely no hope for this planet if the comments by you sad d***s in response to a perfectly good and valuable suggestion are anything to go by.

Then again I wouldn''t expect anything else from this pathetic monkey-enclosure of a forum.

Because if we made the club zero carbon, there would literally be nothing there. Or maybe the OP meant carbon dioxide?

Actually, I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments of using locally sourced products and reducing material usage wherever possible. Energy efficiency is something that should also be taken seriously.

Lower CO2? Of course, but zero carbon doesn''t make any sense...

My point of view,Lower your carbon footprint and reduce CO2 - Why?    Yes I''m all for recycling instead of land fill but dead against anything that''s saving CO2 - I do not believe in global warming !  Can anyone out there give me proof of it ? My house has nothing but candescent light bulbs simply because the new Energy saving bulbs are not as good. If they come up with something better, then I will change. And don''t get me started on Wind Turbines

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]My point of view,Lower your carbon footprint and reduce CO2 - Why?    Yes I''m all for recycling instead of land fill but dead against anything that''s saving CO2 - I do not believe in global warming !  Can anyone out there give me proof of it ? My house has nothing but candescent light bulbs simply because the new Energy saving bulbs are not as good. If they come up with something better, then I will change. And don''t get me started on Wind Turbines [/quote]

I don''t think anyone denies global warming exists. Man''s role in impacting it is open to question though. But, thank you for fascinating observation about the relative merits of low-energy v trad light bulbs. Have you considered taking up after-dinner speaking?

Hey op, why don''t you go carbon neutral yourself?

How much energy does the team consume versus how much it''s lovely green spaces at Carrow Road and Colney produce oxygen 24-7?

Why bow to populist nonsense based on very murky science that keeps chopping and changing? Global temperatures have been dropping the last 15 years, supposedly, and yet it wasn''t all that long ago the northern ice cap was definitely going to disappear during summer months. That never came remotely close to happening.

All this carbon footprint nonsense was a money grab based on junk science and corruption. I say we helicopter players into the stadium on game days. It''ll consume more fuels, but that would really capture the attention of the world and get more players interested in signing on for Norwich.

Get your average Texan over and there will be enough wind and biofuel to power the stadium, Morrisons and most of the Riverside.

norwich zero?, worryingly like norwich nil, dont want to see too much of that...

Hmm, Bor that sounds suspiciously like Xenophobia/bigotry against those from the southern US states. After how upset you were about those nasty sexist jokes that were made a few weeks back, I''m utterly shocked and surprised that you''re engaging in such behaviour.

This is more than just a football stadium, you must appreciate that.

Yes, do you actually appreciate the concept of "zero carbon-dioxide"? Do you have a realistic plan of how we would actually reach this goal?

Well the players and crowd would have to hold their breath for a start...[:D]

I think the OP was meaning making the club carbon neutral.

Apples

Taking the letter as a whole, the writer makes some good points about local produce and improved catering, using less meat products.  Norfolk is indeed an agricultural county with large areas of crop production (as opposed to where I live, which is nearly all animal based) and healthier diet is something that we could all benefit from.   

I''m sceptical about anyone or anything being totally "carbon neutral", but the point about solar power is a good one imo - the tops of the stands could hold many solar panels and create a large amount of electricity.  

It''s easy to take the micky when people  put themselves out there and suggest something different, but the points raised are good - and if all or some of them were implemented, it could only raise the quality of what the club has to offer - and at the same time boost it''s image and being seen to be at the forefront of trend towards sustainability.