Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Some credit to Neil Adams time.

You will get a few bites with that one Nutty, but deserves his bonus as he did his part last year.

Hopefully he will return to our club in some capacity.

All our managers have done at least 1 good signing i think. Gunn signed holt, roeder signed hoolahan

Last I heard he was working in the England youth setup. Imagine he is politely giving two fingers to the club without wishing to burn any bridges. Would you want to come back in a lesser role? Not me...

That''s so funny, there were a number of Livingston fans saying the same about a certain manager a few years back.....couldn''t win a game to save his life at his first time of charge, what was his name? Paul Lambert I think, another manager you probably would have written off had you been a Livinston fan at the time. 😉

Really Indy?! I''ll have any money you like on Neil Adams not managing ever again in the Premier League. He hasn''t got the minerals to manage men. Nice guy, Norwich legend and all that but he''s a coach not a manager and if you asked him I bet he''s come to the same conclusion himself.

Our start to last season was crucial, the two clubs who were also relegated failed to get back up because they didn''t adapt quckly enough, Adams desrved credit for keeping us in a position to challenge for promotion, Fulham & Cardiff failed to do that wher Adams succeeded. Nigel is correct, he deserves his promotion bonus.

People quickly seem to forget the state we had got into towards the end of that previous season and how desperate people were feeling with the way it had gone with Hughton.   Adams was a breath of fresh air and a new air of optimism surfaced in those last five games.  Adams was  key to that - and while he didn''t stop the relegation bandwagon, he did bring in a new positivity - and it was that positivity that imo swayed the powers that be to give him the chance to carry that on into the next season.   And it worked.  We went to the top within a few weeks while Cardiff and Fulham languished.  Even though it didn''t last and Adams was rightly criticised for the downturn,  that critical time at the start of the season was the mainstay of our promotion push - to get positive and to get to the top.   The rest is history and the part that Adams played in our promotion imo was - in context - crucial.