Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Live stream today v FC Ausburg

Good show YM.

The lack of quality passing during the attack is quite apparent. Hopefully they get that sorted sooner rather than later.

Gotta love how the stadium announcer takes huge gasps of air between sentences. Too much schnitzel and wursts me thinks.

Grabban has looked poor imo. Not convinced he''ll have enough quality to do well enough in the Prem, but I hope he proves me wrong. Would''ve liked to see RVW or Hoops being given a run out for the last 20 or so today. Hopefully they''ll get plenty of game time over the last two fixtures to show how up for it they are. Grabs just doesn''t convince me.

That should build Grabban''s confidence!

Victory snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Neil''s teams do have that Lambert feel about them - they keep going to the end of the match.

Decent performance away against the team that finished 5th in a better league than we''ll be playing in next year. Ruddy, Toffolo and Mulumbu were the standouts and Howson showed when he came on why he''s been pretty much first name on the teamsheet whenever fit for our last 4 managers

Not a bad game to base our Prem campaign on - I''d like to see us having more of the ball than that though. Not sure if it was a plan to test our defensive strategy! Ruddy with some good saves and again Toffolo looking pretty handy down that left side...

Mulumbu looks solid and a great investment, I would imagine him and Tettey as a defensive partnership would be the base of our team in most matches. As others have said the top end of the pitch needs some work, but when it did tick we scored 2 good goals.

Can''t shake a stick at the fact we beat a top 5 german side, yes it was a friendly but gotta be pretty upbeat about that.

Vanwink,

What the hell do ya mean ''maybe''.

I would descibe that as a solid performance with a good result.

The future is bright the future is yellow and green and and other hues of course, all arranged in a hooped design!!

Miggins wrote; Thought Mulumbu had a good game, think it was his assist (as well as the goal)

It was, and Wessi with the other assist, that was a good game for a friendly, boys looked good, few bits for AN and his staff, Bassong made his customary slip (usually one a game) but got lucky.

Really encouraging performance and result to go with it. First half looked like a deliberate tactical game of playing defensively and on the counter, as no doubt we will need that when going to old Trafford etc.

2nd half really encouraging - Mulumbu has one hell of an engine and wes looked his usual class. Johnson for me looked the weak link and would suspect that Mulumbu Tettey Howson and Dorrans would be ahead of him in midfield choice.

Grabban also looked a threat and is a great option for us- can hold ball up as well as use speed against last man

We seemed to be reasonably sturdy, but there''s still a lot of progress to be made. We''re still too hesitant and rigid.

[quote user="Tommo"]Grabban also looked a threat and is a great option for us- can hold ball up as well as use speed against last man[/quote](Sarcasm mode switched on) You do know that we are getting rid of Grabban right? He is clearly the worse striker we have, hasn''t got a first touch and needs 20 chances to score! (Sarcasm mode switched off).Better be careful saying positive stuff like that about some of our players around here. You''ll get crucified, outside the site for our new ground, somewhere on the outskirts of Norwich, possibly by the UEA or possibly at Broadland Business Park or the Showground . . . .

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 25/07/2015 6:46 PM:

Looks like we will have the rest of the weekend free of Miserablists.

Les Miserable, but at least Les Miserable give you something to moan about.☺️

I''m afraid it''s Les Miserables, Van Wink (plural you see). Apparently AN told Paddy Davitt after the match that he is looking for a LB, a 3rd keeper an?d a striker. Wasn''t Brady meant to cover LB? Who is leaving to make room for the 3rd keeper and the LB?

Having watched the match today I was much encouraged after the rather defensive first half. Mulumbu was my man of the match (one goal and the assist for Grabban''s winner). Toffolo was excellent at LB against a top 5 German side. Why do we need another LB?