Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Augsburg Highlights

Just gone up - I didn''t catch the game due to having to do some moving house stuff.
Highlights here for anyone else who missed the game (or those who want to relive the glory)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpBsXOmPOR0

Two tidy finishes and a well tidy kit!

Great run from Grabban so late in the game. He looks sharp and fit if that''s anything to go by.

Just watched them. The one thing that really stands out from that brief glimpse of the game, is that Mulumbu looks like a proper footballer. His technique for the lay off to Wessi, and the control on the return ball was sublime. The weight he put on the pass to set Grabban away for the winner was inch perfect on what appeared to be a very slick pitch. Looks like a top player.

The kit''s fine, I like it. Some people take longer than others to recognise good taste and style, but they''ll all get there in the end😄

Watched the whole match on youtube yesterday. Quite encouraged. Although they had by far the most possession, I always thought we had the edge (this with the benefit of hindsight of course). They''re a decent side & our defence looked well organised & effective.

With the obvious exception of the play-off final. we always seem to pick up the pace second half. Could this be deliberate? Might not be a bad tactic against some clubs. So long as we can contain the opposition first half, late goals from us means the opposition is stuffed - yesterday was text book in this regard. This won''t always be so of course I would expect Neil to be pretty tactically astute this season - & to learn fast when he needs to change. I sincerely hope he does anyway!

Kit looks a lot better with the black shorts. Mulumbu should play a big part this season

if Mulumbu can establish a good understanding with Tettey, which he seems to be doing, they could be a great partnership for us.

Mulumbu clearly has much more to him that just being a ''holder'' in central midfield. Impressed by Toffolo on the overlap too but difficult to judge a defender from short highlights.