Sign in to follow this  
ncfc.forever

what's your ideal line up for the start of the season

Even if we sign players in the next few days, they probably won''t be assimilated in time for the first match.  Apart from that, its difficult to know, but with Mulumbu looking strong and assuming that Jerome and Olsson won''t be fit -                        RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong ToffoloRedmond Tettey  Mulumbu  Johnson                     Hoolahan                      Grabban Howson, Dorrans, Vadis, Andreu, Hooper  as subs.

Lakey wrote

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Toffolo

Redmond Tettey Mulumbu Johnson

Hoolahan

Grabban

Howson, Dorrans, Vadis, Andreu, Hooper as subs.

All midfielders on the bench apart from Hooper, shows we have an overload in the middle and short elsewhere !

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Difficult to say when you don''t know who the new signings are going to be[/quote] it was meant as your ideal starting 11 with realistic signings we may bring in or you would like to see the club sign

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Brady

Redmond Mulumbu Howson Johnson

Hoolahan

Jerome

Rudd R.Bennett Tettey Dorrans E.Bennett Grabban Hooper

It''s difficult as we can only go with who is in our squad, Brady isn''t here yet.

Ruddy,

Martin, Bennett, Bssong, Toffolo

Tettey, Mullumbu, Johnson

Redmond, Dorians,

Jerome.

Has to be free role for Redmond as back end of last season and Andorrans to push on.

Depressing reading isn''t it just how little difference to the team that finished 3rd in the championship.

Surely this will be mcnallys last season at the club

I''ll humour him for a while......whilst I''d have liked to have seen a couple more signing in by now, I think I''m more comfortable with our situation rather than what Watford have done in replacing as many as 10 of the side that got them up .....I cant imagine that that could make for a harmonious training ground just at the moment.

------------------Ruddy------------------

Whittaker Martin Bassong Brady

-----------Mulumbu Howson

Redmond---Dorrans--Johnson

---------------Grabban-----------------

That''s a very strong CM, a very defensively sound but dangerous left side and there should be a lot of clever movement and link up play upfront

That team under Alex Neil could be very nifty next year. I like Whittaker but the only change I''d want in that line up is a new right back. I also think Grabban is a really good player even if his finishing is usually pretty naff so I''m happy with him upfront

This is very unlikely but I would love to see

Ruddy

Toffolo Martin Bassong Brady

Mulumbu Tettey

Redmond Johnson

Vadis

Hooper

Bench: Rudd, Hoolahan, Whittaker, Dorrans, Jerome, RvW

As much as we all love Hoolahan, he is 33 years old now and reaching the end of his career. We need to find a quality replacement for him this season and I believe that will be Andreu or Vadis.

----------------------Ruddy------------------------

Signing------Martin-----Bassong-----Brady

--------Tettey----Mulumbu----Johnson

------------Dorrans-----Hoolahan--------

--------------------Signing------------------

Parma

Par as gone with my Christmas tree, but that line up lacks any real pace.

I''d swap Wes for Redmond and pretty much agree if we get Brady ano.

Looking at those line ups just shows how weak the squad is at the back and up front , Jerome or Grabban as the lone striker with a bunch of defensive midfielders behind screams of Norwich City NIL .

Gk. Ruddy

LB. Brady

CB. Bassong

CB. Van Dijik

RB. Martin

DM. Tettey

DM. Howson

LM. Bradders

AM. Hoolahan

RM. Redmond

ST. Jerome

Subs; Rudd, Toffolo, E. Bennett, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Hooper, Wolfswinkle

Nobody going with the Wolf starting then?

There were quite a few keen to keep him when the question was asked recently, seems a huge wage to have as a squad player though.

Perhaps it was sentiment rather than sensibility.

It surprises me some are still wanting Martin at RB.  Martin is developing as a player and his future is undoubtedly as a CB.  He is now proven at CB and if anything, even if he was not chosen to be CB in the team, I think he would be hard pushed to do as well at RB as Whittaker did towards the end of last season.  On top form, which he was at the end of last season, Whittaker is a terrific player.  Off form he doesn''t look so good.............but then that could be said of any player.  E. Bennett has bags of ability and looks as if he will develop into a right back - and if he does well there, even he might be ahead of Martin at RB at the top level, just because of his pace and speed of foot.  

Ruddy

Whittaker or Martin .......... Bassong. Brady

Tettey. Mulumbo.

Redmond. Johnson

Hoolahan

Jerome

The ''Hoolahan'' position in support of the striker could equally be filled by Dorrans, Howson or Vadis. I''m not sure Johnson will be good enough for Prem only time will tell. Who ever plays just behind the striker will need to score a fair number of goals. The right back position has been a weak area of our defence and where we have shipped far too many goals, so hopefully we can sharpen up. I''m hoping we can bring in a first choice defender to partner Bassong.

Whittaker is a terrific player haha?! Yes he didn''t get found out towards the end of the season as we were attacking most teams so we wasn''t having to defend much. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be found out in the Premier League. If we don''t sign another CB then I would have Martin and Bassong in the middle but if we signed a key player for that position then it would definitely have to be Martin who makes way and he would slot back into his old position which would make our defence more solid.

[quote user="hazza9"]Whittaker is a terrific player haha?! Yes he didn''t get found out towards the end of the season as we were attacking most teams so we wasn''t having to defend much. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be found out in the Premier League. If we don''t sign another CB then I would have Martin and Bassong in the middle but if we signed a key player for that position then it would definitely have to be Martin who makes way and he would slot back into his old position which would make our defence more solid.[/quote]

Whittaker is a very good player when on form - and that includes when defending, not just going forwards.  His forward play and link up play are usually good - but towards the end of the season, under AN, he looked as sharp as anyone at the back, making plenty of timely interceptions and tackles.  Yes he gets "found out" occasionally - but then so do most defenders from time to time.   The key to it is his form - and when on form, he is actually pretty good.  

RuddyE Benno. Martin, Bassong, Olsson (back in training, will he be fit for first game?)Malumbu JohnsonRedmond Wes BradyHooper

Against the bottom 10 teams I would like to see a midfield pairing made between Malumbu/Tettey with either Johnson/Howson partnering them, and against the tougher teams Malumbu + Tettey could prove a very tough line to break through. we have a lot of depth in central mid right now, and AN has a lot to do to keep everyone happy.I''d also like to see the wes/hooper partnership used a decent bit to begin with. there''s great promise there, and Howson should be able to fil in for Wes when needed. but any way it turns out in AN I trust

All these varied midfield options put forward just confirm what goes on to my way of thinking. That it''s the best midfield squad I have ever known the Club to have.

I don''t envy AN. Spoilt for choice.

Impossible to decide who to play and who to leave on the bench or more.

No doubting the best combination will evolve, probably more by accident than design, with respect.

In truth we are a bit over-loaded, and although this is expensive, it is a good situation to be in.

Interestingly, it has evolved gradually and over five different managers.

From memory:

Hoolahan = Roeder

Howson, Johnson = Lambert

Tettey, = Hughton

Odidja, O'' Neil, Dorrans (?) = Adams

Andreu, Mulumbu = Neil.

Wide men not included.

(This may need some correction)

Not a bad lot though and I personally feel that we are well capable of holding our own in this department over the coming season.