Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Strikers situation

So it''s obvious we are on for a target man, be it Lambert, Mbokani or whoever but given we will be playing one up front most of the time, what the hell will we do with our current lot?

For me, Laffertys days are numbered but I''m not sure about the other 4...

Grabban and Jerome look to be fighting the new guy to lead the line but I''m not sure where Hooper or RVW fit in. Hooper is our most proven premiership striker while RVW is a tricky one. Say he impresses in pre season, then what? It doesn''t seem there is a queue of clubs wanting to take him, so we might as well use him and see if he can finally deliver his undoubted talent.

6 into 1 doesn''t go, so something has to give but I''m just not sure what.

I still think RvW will be gone by the end of the window. Lafferty as well.

I''m not convinced we''re looking for a Lambert type, but rather another forward in the mould of Grabban and Jerome who''ll work the defenders and pull them out of shape. Three players of this ilk wouldn''t be excessive in a long Prem campaign, each starter having run hard for the first hour or so.

Hooper probably retained and used additionally against weaker sides, especially at home or if we''re chasing a game.

So the aforementioned Mbokani or Slimani type? I''m sure all you Fifa bods have a better idea who''s available.