Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

Brady Bid Accepted?

this is getting far too drawn out now, there is a danger that we risk panic buys though if our primary targets are not achieved with only a few weeks left until the start of the season

Well, Bruce is having a meeting with the Hull owners on Thurs, to talk about funds etc,. Seems a ridiculous time to have a wee chat, but if Bruce has been told one thing, and another thing is materialising, then a chat is what is required. Just cannot see what can be gained by Bruce going to the press 2 days beforehand, and telling the World about it, apart from forcing the Directors hands. Risky business .
Point is, how much will this all influence the possible signing of Brady, me thinks it could work to our advantage.

IMO, the Marcos interest is a very good way to say to Hull that we''re ready to move on if they don''t accept our final bid. Also, if Brady wants to come, that puts pressure on Hull. I like the look of Marcos, a LB who can also play CB or LM. At 24 he has experience of English football and the flexibility that AN is looking for. I''d be happy with that.

There will be news on Brady tomorrow, or maybe early Friday. Hull are having their financial board meeting, and I expect Mr Potato head will be told to wind his fat neck in, and take the money on offer.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]There will be news on Brady tomorrow, or maybe early Friday. Hull are having their financial board meeting, and I expect Mr Potato head will be told to wind his fat neck in, and take the money on offer.[/quote]I doubt we are dealing with Bruce or that he will have any say in what price Hull finally accept for Brady .

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]There will be news on Brady tomorrow, or maybe early Friday. Hull are having their financial board meeting, and I expect Mr Potato head will be told to wind his fat neck in, and take the money on offer.[/quote]

I''m sorry, but you haven''t a clue what you are talking about.

As I said at the beginning of this saga, the owners neither desire nor need to sell Brady and Bruce will most certainly not let him go unless the fee stated is met.

The situation the meeting is to discuss relates to the fact the 3 top earners have not moved on as they had stated a desire to do. In view of that the owners will discuss with Bruce what his budget will be, his comments in the local media (not the World as somebody laughingly claimed) was merely posturing prior to that meeting.

Nothing coming out of that meeting will have the slightest effect on your situation regarding Robbie Brady. Despite all the rumour and ITK guff, the situation will remain unchanged: we want him to stay , if you want him you will have to meet our valuation. Please sign Alonso and let this go.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]There will be news on Brady tomorrow, or maybe early Friday. Hull are having their financial board meeting, and I expect Mr Potato head will be told to wind his fat neck in, and take the money on offer.[/quote]I doubt we are dealing with Bruce or that he will have any say in what price Hull finally accept for Brady .[/quote]

Steve Bruce manages the Football Operations of HCAFC root and branch, there is no Director of Football and the only person he reports to is the owner..........and they both have use of mobile phones!!

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]How did I hear about it then? I wasn''t at the local media meeting, and do not know anyone who is................[/quote]

Steve Bruce did a radio interview with David Burns of BBC Radio Humberside at the North Ferriby United friendly. During that interview he stated that if the owners didn''t match his ambition to get the club back to the Premier League at the first attempt, then he would have to consider his position. That is the only time he has said that and every other report of that fact is a re-quote of what he said on radio Humberside.

So if Bruce is responsible for everything, and the three highest wage earners haven''t shifted on, and Bruce hasn''t got much of  a budget, where does that leave Bruce.............?

[quote user="MancTiger"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]How did I hear about it then? I wasn''t at the local media meeting, and do not know anyone who is................[/quote]

Steve Bruce did a radio interview with David Burns of BBC Radio Humberside at the North Ferriby United friendly. During that interview he stated that if the owners didn''t match his ambition to get the club back to the Premier League at the first attempt, then he would have to consider his position. That is the only time he has said that and every other report of that fact is a re-quote of what he said on radio Humberside.[/quote]
You don''t get it, do you?

Norwich are too bloody tight to offer Hull enough money - we obviously aren''t willing to offer £8m / £9m. If we don''t offer them enough money obviously we won''t get Brady. Its McNally''s fault he doesn''t want to give Hull the money they want - useless chief executive can''t negotiate properly!!

You really are a bit of a plank, MancTiger, if you think a meeting about budgets for the forthcoming year will not have the ''slightest effect'' on the situation, if as you say the biggest earners at the club haven''t moved on as promised. A firm offer of £x million for a player could become rather important. The idea that Hull - a relegated side with a player who has just a year left on his contract and apparently wants out - hold all the aces is just daft. Most of our supporters couldn''t give a stuff either way about Brady, but you don''t want to overplay things.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]So if Bruce is responsible for everything, and the three highest wage earners haven''t shifted on, and Bruce hasn''t got much of  a budget, where does that leave Bruce.............?[/quote]

It leaves Steve Bruce due to talk with owner when he return from his family holiday on Thursday about what his budget is when N''Doye, Hernandez and Jelavic are still on the books. Judging from his comments this week SB hopes Jelavic will decide to stay, which would be fantastic news for us.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]You really are a bit of a plank, MancTiger, if you think a meeting about budgets for the forthcoming year will not have the ''slightest effect'' on the situation, if as you say the biggest earners at the club haven''t moved on as promised. A firm offer of £x million for a player could become rather important. The idea that Hull - a relegated side with a player who has just a year left on his contract and apparently wants out - hold all the aces is just daft. Most of our supporters couldn''t give a stuff either way about Brady, but you don''t want to overplay things.[/quote]

Well plank or not I was the one who told you two weeks ago that the fee stated was the fee that would have to be paid, whilst numerous non-planks on this message board stated that the deal was done, as witnessed by the title of this thread.

If you want to put greater value on statements about HCAFC from those who have no knowledge of the club or how it works, then feel free. I am a Hull City fan of many years it doesn''t bother me in the slightest if a Norwich fan believes what I say.

[quote user="MancTiger"] I am a Hull City fan of many years.[/quote]

As  a sideline I have two words for you - Ken Wagstaffe.  A player who sticks in my memory for some reason - must have done well against us in the late sixties and early seventies.......

You''ll find the title of this thread is a question, rather than a statement, as denoted by the ''?'' at the end. I don''t doubt what you say from Hull''s side, but it is never as black and white as that.

Our CEO is no muppet (nor I imagine is yours) and he''s said we''re currently in a ''holding pattern''; he''s playing a longer game where the cash on offer may become that more important to Hull considering the fee will be very much less come january (nil next year). And, at the moment we hold the prize the player is after, which might make the difference (you motht look up Fatface''s record at NCFC re: his transfer out).

There''s other fish in the sea, we''ll move on at some point and the promise of ££ could be gone - it doesn''t seem your other players are shifting right now, so that ££ might well be sorely missed.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="MancTiger"] I am a Hull City fan of many years.[/quote]

As  a sideline I have two words for you - Ken Wagstaffe.  A player who sticks in my memory for some reason - must have done well against us in the late sixties and early seventies.......

[/quote]

Indeed a true legend of ours. For me, however, Chris Chilton was always to of the pile. :-)

[quote user="MancTiger"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="MancTiger"] I am a Hull City fan of many years.[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed a true legend of ours. For me, however, Chris Chilton was always to of the pile. :-)[/quote]

Strange I remember one but the other name is totally unknown to me.....well, I was only aound ten years old at the time.....Good luck next season btw, with or without Brady......preferably without.  ;-)

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="MancTiger"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="MancTiger"] I am a Hull City fan of many years.[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed a true legend of ours. For me, however, Chris Chilton was always to of the pile. :-)[/quote]

Strange I remember one but the other name is totally unknown to me.....well, I was only aound ten years old at the time.....Good luck next season btw, with or without Brady......preferably without.  ;-)

[/quote]There were four of them, as I remember. Hull got a new owner who was, by the standards of those days, very rich. Possibly a Needler? He made available to cash to buy three players for £40,000 each - Wagstaff, who was a striker, a midfielder called Ken Houghton (no, that isn''t a misspelling...)  and a rangy left-winger whose name escapes me for the moment. With the aim of getting to the First Division for the first time. And Chilton, arguably the best of the lot, came out of the youth team to play centre-forward. But it didn''t work.

We seem to be arguing about £2m, in the context of the EPL and staying in it it is total peanuts. If AN really wants him and thinks he will be a first teamer and significantly add to our survival chances than pay the cash. If on the other hand he is being bought as competition for the rest of our midfield then £8m is a lot and lets move on for other cheaper targets

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="MancTiger"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="MancTiger"] I am a Hull City fan of many years.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Aye, good luck to you bunch as well, it''s always nice to see promoted sides buck the trend and stay up (apart from Lester of course who I hope disappear up their own arses, and the Whyte Shyte who I hope are teleported en masse to Albania) 😂😂😂

[quote user="MancTiger"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="MancTiger"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="MancTiger"] I am a Hull City fan of many years.[/quote]As  a sideline I have two words for you - Ken Wagstaffe.  A player who sticks in my memory for some reason - must have done well against us in the late sixties and early seventies.......[/quote]

Indeed a true legend of ours. For me, however, Chris Chilton was always to of the pile. :-)[/quote]Strange I remember one but the other name is totally unknown to me.....well, I was only aound ten years old at the time.....Good luck next season btw, with or without Brady......preferably without.  ;-)

[/quote]

Aye, good luck to you bunch as well, it''s always nice to see promoted sides buck the trend and stay up (apart from Lester of course who I hope disappear up their own arses, and the Whyte Shyte who I hope are teleported en masse to Albania) 😂😂😂[/quote][Y]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="MancTiger"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="MancTiger"] I am a Hull City fan of many years.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]There were four of them, as I remember. Hull got a new owner who was, by the standards of those days, very rich. Possibly a Needler? He made available to cash to buy three players for £40,000 each - Wagstaff, who was a striker, a midfielder called Ken Houghton (no, that isn''t a misspelling...)  and a rangy left-winger whose name escapes me for the moment. With the aim of getting to the First Division for the first time. And Chilton, arguably the best of the lot, came out of the youth team to play centre-forward. But it didn''t work.[/quote]

Ian Butler was the other.

IMO, there''s no way Brady is worth £8m. Olsson may miss one match, but would Brady displace him for the rest of the season? Similarly, would he displace Johnson at LM either? Let''s move on to Alonso who can play LB, LM or CB and is available for less than £3m. The other £5m could be much better spent on an quality CB and a quality striker.

"As a sideline I have two words for you - Ken Wagstaffe. A player who sticks in my memory for some reason - must have done well against us in the late sixties and early seventies......."

Memories! Thanks for that LDC.

"Waggy, Waggy, Waggy! Oi OI Oi!

I was at Uni with a couple of dockers'' sons from ''ull in 1968. He was their hero, & the above chant often to be heard.

They used to be get highly amused by poncey southern commentators pronouncing Boothferry Park as "Booth Ferry Park" instead of the correct Hullovian "Boofry park".

God I''m bloody old.

put in very simple terms...if for the quoted £7m-£8m being asked for Brady ,we can''t find someone better than him in the whole wide world of football, then frankly our entire scouting system need scrapped/sacking.....