Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

Brady Bid Accepted?

This has been rumbling on somewhat - would be ideal to finish it now, get he guy in and have him in time for the Austria tour so he can settle in with the squad (lucky fella has just been to Portugal, too!).

[quote user="lappinitup"]

No Robbie Brady involved for tonight amid all the talk of a move to Norwich City.

[/quote]

A bit of a follow up. Hull fans smelling cow poo or similar....

59 mins59 minutes ago

Club tell me Robbie Brady is ill and that''s why he''s missing for tonight. No fresh Norwich bid.

Not so sure from the stuff Paddy Davitt''s just been putting up - quotes from SB (presume Bruce) that he''s done all he can to persuade him to stay but he''s resigned to losing him, whether to us or s-one else.

Here''s the article, complete with Bruce''s quotes.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/robbie-brady-rejects-new-hull-6089359?

Looking likely now.

Hull fan here, just thought I''d update you on the Brady situation from our end and also give you a little info on him too.

Bruce said last night that unless a bid had come in within the last day or so then there was nothing new. The £6m bid has been rejected. By all accounts though expects him to leave when you hit our valuation. Funnily enough our valuation hasn''t changed throughout the whole ''saga''. Categorically stated that Brady was ill for our pre season game, reported to training earlier in the day. We think our valuation is around £7-8m, but not entirely sure, but he did say that you were fairly close to it. So pay the money and he''s yours but we''re under no pressure to sell. Their were rumours of us needing to generate £25m but that''s garbage.

From most Hull fans perspective and mine, is Brady worth £6/7m? Not a chance, and to be honest, us Hull fans are pretty chuffed but we''ll be still be sad to see him go. Last season, he only made 12 starts. His season has been interrupted by injury, indifferent form and Andy Robertson. Mings going to Bournemouth for stupid money I feel has really helped us here and pushed prices up. Also us getting £5m for Ince doesn''t help you either as Brady is a much better PL player.

He''s a left sided player, seen some Canaries saying that he''s a right sided player, so I thought I''d clear that up. Played wing back for us for the last 3 years and was fantastic in the championship. The year we went up he got the most assists in the league and we didn''t bring him in until October so it was a good achievement. But he''s just failed to kick on. Both the last two years have been interrupted by injury a little bit, but he''s still a young player and could become a very good player indeed. The biggest problem is his consistency, or more to the point, lack of it. He''ll be good for a couple of games and then go missing for a few. He was cutting infield too much last season instead of trying to beat his full back and swing in a cross, hence his low stats really. But he does put in a good set piece delivery, well generally anyway, and he''s a decent crosser of the ball. If any one of our ''better'' players did go, I had hoped it would be Brady. Robertson''s potential is far higher and I think most of our fans are excited to see how he does in the Championship. In the wing back role, Brady is arguably a little better right now because of his defensive qualities but Robertson offers an awful lot more going forward.

I hope that gives you a little insight, sorry if it''s a bit allover the place though

Oh I''ll give you a little bit on Jelavic too as you were linked a short while ago.

To be honest, he''s brilliant. he works incredibly hard, is good in the air and also on the ground. I''ve seen a few comparisons between him and Jerome but they''re leagues apart. Jela has scored goals every where he''s been and if he''d have been fit all season then we wouldn''t have been relegated. We didn''t win a game when he didn''t play until April. He''s a very good finisher and doesn''t miss many.

However, this is the downside. His knee would appear to be a little dodgy. He missed a large chunk of last season through injury, we rushed him back out of necessity but then he broke down again. A lot of the games in he played in he wasn''t fully fit either but when he is he scored a goal every 2/2.5 games. He''s aging too now and he''s on a decent contract, last year with us he was on around £55k pw but with a fit Jelavic, it''s completely worth it. He''d be a massive step up from Jerome too but I doubt you''d believe me until he did/if he did sign.

Thanks, EPT. Much appreciated.

To be honest, I am tired of the Brady saga, and I dont think he is worth the money Hull want either.

I am always wary of players who have had good seasons, then dropped in standards for a few seasons, and then being sold. Something is fishy.

Our interest comes ofcourse from the lack of backup/options on the left side, and perhaps also the flirts Olsson has had with leaving, as seen in January.

I dont think Olsson will leave now we´re back up in the Prem, but he needs competition.

But inmho, Brady and Olsson are quite similar players.

Brady with a better cross, defensively I think maybe Brady is a bit better.

All-in-all, quite similar players, and if I am going to put a price on Brady´s head, with his contractual situation in mind, no more than 5 mill.

Now that Brady has rejected Hull´s contract offer, it surely forces Hull´s hand a bit more, and I don´t think the agreed transfer fee will climb as high as 7 mill now.

6 or 6.5 as a compromise, perhaps.

Not so sure we are interested in jelavic, but some interesting stuff on Brady - I imagine a deal will be done with a figure (which will probably never be reached) that allows Hull/Bruce to save a bit of face after his bleating to the press. Form comments yesterday it seems he''s going and it is either decent money now or nothing in a year.

As for Jelavic, it is a player I would not want at NCFC.

He has got his work ethics in the right place, yes, which will undoubtly suit Alex Neill, but his knee is dodgy, as EPT says, and he is getting on in age, and wages is a major stumbling block for a player in this age with growing injury records.

I think Hull will have to lower their asking price quite a lot for Jelavic, to get him off the books.

Bruce also said last night that unless you pay the valuation he''ll be going nowhere. I think you''ll pay it though, it''s gone on for too long for you not to. If you don''t, I think someone else will though. I''m sure you''ve seen our owner''s actions, compromise isn''t in their dictionary. He is worth a lot to us though even just for a year, with the high money stakes in the Prem in 2016/17. If he helps us get back their then I''d imagine he''d sign a new deal and to be honest, you don''t know where you''ll be in a year. You''ve been quite quiet as of yet and I''d imagine you''ll be people''s favourites to go down.

From our point of view bleating to the press worked a treat. After that you doubled your offer.

https://audioboom.com/boos/3383028-listen-hull-city-boss-steve-bruce-talks-with-radiohumberside-about-the-need-to-sell-to-buy-players-this-summer-hcafc

Full interview here, not much is relevant to you though

He was probably peeved off about your bids. If you''d of started at £4/5m I doubt we''d have heard much. All that did was to alert all the other clubs, which isn''t helpful for you

I think Bruce is bluffing when he says that Brady is going nowhere unless we pay the asking price. He''s gone public in order to try and raise the price, but he knows that if Brady remains then he''ll only get something like £2-4m in January.If Bruce isn''t careful then McNally could end up lowering his offer to £4-5m as the deadline approaches, which might work if nobody else wants to pay £6m+.

[quote user="EPT.Sports"]He was probably peeved off about your bids. If you''d of started at £4/5m I doubt we''d have heard much. All that did was to alert all the other clubs, which isn''t helpful for you[/quote]

Sell him to them then ..............if you can, and btw, if you think getting out of the chumps is a doddle well good luck with that too![:|]

Time to walk away on this one, its Hull that are embarrassing and not our club.Obvious that the player wants away and Hull are desperate to advertise the players availability and price whilst playing the "we really want to keep him" card in the press.He is not going to take a dip into the Championship or a dip in his wages and has 12 months left on his contract, Hull need to sell and sell now.Steve Bruce could not be more obvious than he is in trying to get rival bids for this guy.The boy Brady is a £3/4 million left sided utility player, decent left back, decent left wing, never a left sided midfielder, he is nothing special in EPL terms in any specific position.Hope we have an alternative player in mind because its time to walk away from this one and the thought of signing him excites me not a jot.

I have to admit that I''m struggling to get too excited about this link especially as the price tag is comfortably above his true value. I haven''t noticed any other clubs sniffing around him.

If it wasn''t for Olsson''s injury I wonder if we would have moved on long ago?

This sadly could end up a long, drawn-out saga, for much of the transfer window.

We clearly want him. no other team has come in with any interest, so unless we and Hull reach agreement nothing urgent is happening.

There is some pressure on Hull, as they need money to buy new players. I think they''re also stalling to see if any other club comes in for Brady with the hope of starting a bidding war.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Time to walk away on this one, its Hull that are embarrassing and not our club.Obvious that the player wants away and Hull are desperate to advertise the players availability and price whilst playing the "we really want to keep him" card in the press.He is not going to take a dip into the Championship or a dip in his wages and has 12 months left on his contract, Hull need to sell and sell now.Steve Bruce could not be more obvious than he is in trying to get rival bids for this guy.The boy Brady is a £3/4 million left sided utility player, decent left back, decent left wing, never a left sided midfielder, he is nothing special in EPL terms in any specific position.Hope we have an alternative player in mind because its time to walk away from this one and the thought of signing him excites me not a jot.

[/quote]

I agree, if he is not on the plane when it leaves for our preseason trip walk away. Leave Hull with a truly peed off player for their Championship challenge. This has gone on far too long.

I cannot make up my mind about this one. There are some saying that he''s a utility player, with not that many goals or assists to his name, on the one hand.

On the other we have Hull supporters saying he was their best player last season and Steve Bruce plonking silly money on him and desperate to keep him to the extent that a new contract is offered.

Six is rather high, but AN wants him so I''m happy.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I cannot make up my mind about this one. There are some saying that he''s a utility player, with not that many goals or assists to his name, on the one hand.

On the other we have Hull supporters saying he was their best player last season and Steve Bruce plonking silly money on him and desperate to keep him to the extent that a new contract is offered.

Six is rather high,
but AN wants him so I''m happy.

.[/quote]I don''t know either on ability, Broadstairs, but we are going to have to get used to paying that kind of money. He is only a year older than Tyrone Mings, who has never played in the Premier League, and is an attacking player ratther than a defender. And the former tend to command higher prices.

Not sure why but maybe cos he''s Irish, I''ve kept an eye on Brady for the last couple seasons, when he''s good, he''s very good, but some times,like in recent euro qualifiers , he''s been distinctly average, in fact, one game, be took 3 free kicks and four corners in the 1st half.....none of which threatened the opposition goal. I think be has also played in no 10 position, so I really don''t know if he''s yet to find his best position or role, or if left side utility player is in fact what he is. If so handy to have in the squad but not £8-9 M handy.

Never keen on players who jump ship after a relegation - questionable commitment in my view.

Many of our squad remained loyal to Norwich - would this guy?

EPT.Sports

Whilst I acknowledge the verity of your point "I''m sure you''ve seen our owner''s actions, compromise isn''t in their dictionary" the interesting question is How much longer are they going to stay as your owners? The request to change the club''s name has been rejected twice and your owner has effectively said if it wasn''t approved he would walk away.

The owners have invested £100m into the club and the only way that they''ll see that back is by us getting back into the PL ASAP.

I don''t imagine many of you listened to the Bruce interview that I linked on here but he said that if valuations aren''t met then players don''t go. It really is as simple as that to be honest, although we do need to sell to buy, we can choose who we sell if that makes sense. With Ince going to Derby, N''Doye shortly to Beskitas and the windfall we got from Cairney''s transfer, we''ve raised just short of £10m already.

Ideally we''d get the Hernandez and Jelavic out of the door and that''ll raise around another £10m.

And if we don''t sell then we''ll just keep the same side, which a lot of Hull fans wouldn''t mind as we do have a lot of quality for the Championship.

From what''s being said, if you want him then you''ll have to pay our valuation.