Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Shirt Sales Up 81%

For all you whinging about the new strip there has just been a feature on BBC Look East regarding new football strips for teams in the region and sales of the Norwich City new kit is up a staggering 81 % on this time last season. Mind you we were the most expensive with MK Dons the cheapest.

Looks like the fans have spoken with their cash.

Fickle fans are more likely to buy a kit if they''ve just been promoted to the premier league than just relegated from it. A more fitting comparison would be if they compared it to the last promotion under Lambert shirt sales.

If they still sold more... then damn...

Wandering around the city today I saw several people wearing the new third kit - I have to say I really like it. I don''t tend to buy them for myself, but do for my boys who also want that one!

Steady on BP we cannot have any positivity on this thread about the new kit. A few do not like it but statistics already say otherwise. [:P]

Ooops, you''re right - they are all bloody awful, neither me nor my kids would be seen dead in any of those kits, particularly that third one!

Hope that clears things up, someone must''ve hacked my account...

According to the club shop on Sunday the third kit is really popular. The more I see it the more I like it. Good to have something different for a change.

For all you dissenters the truth about the popularity of the 3 kits will be before your very eyes on Saturday week.

It seems the worst it looks, the more people buy it, like the early 90''s one which is also very popular.

For next years kit I think they should get all the players to ejaculate the Aviva logo on the front, and their own name and number on the back, just to give it more ''character'' - All kits need a bit of character, even if it''s just a yellow box like this years...or a white one for the next.

[quote user="CTID"]They said Southend''s was more expensive than ours.[/quote]

Southend shirts are £47 and ours £48.

After the crazy ride leading to the victory at wembley. ..everyone''s jumping on Alex Neils premier league roller coaster. ..Happy Days

[quote user="CarrowCanary"]After the crazy ride leading to the victory at wembley. ..everyone''s jumping on Alex Neils premier league roller coaster. ..Happy Days[/quote]

More Plastics...Yay!

''and sales of the Norwich City new kit is up a staggering 81 % on this time last season''

Tilson, are you seriously comparing the sales figures of a brand new kit fresh after getting promoted to the Premier League to one after getting dismally relegated out of it?!!!!!

Did you used to work for the police OR the Government''s crime and unemployment statistics department?!

FFS.

We''re newly promoted to the Premier League - of course the shirts are selling well!

Errea could have designed the worst kits imaginable and STILL they''d sell well due to the feel good facto... oh, hang on. Oh I see what they''ve done now!

Another triumph for McNally, along with his brilliant working of the transfer market and his astute pricing policy for tickets.

This man goes from strength to strength, long may his tenure continue.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Steady on BP we cannot have any positivity on this thread about the new kit. A few do not like it but statistics already say otherwise. [:P][/quote]

Have you ever read/heard ''The Emperor New Clothes'' by Hans Christian Andersen Til?............I really think you should, the new kit is ghastly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLNhIbroC4s

[quote user="ruthers1"]''and sales of the Norwich City new kit is up a staggering 81 % on this time last season'' Tilson, are you seriously comparing the sales figures of a brand new kit fresh after getting promoted to the Premier League to one after getting dismally relegated out of it?!!!!! Did you used to work for the police OR the Government''s crime and unemployment statistics department?! FFS.[/quote]

Rather an aggressive response there ruthers but then again for someone still carrying a chip on both shoulders I suppose that was to be expected.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Did you know that 87% or is it 91% of all statistics are made up ?[/quote]Its a statistical fact that 94% of statistics are made up.

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Did you know that 87% or is it 91% of all statistics are made up ?[/quote]Its a statistical fact that 94% of statistics are made up.[/quote]

But when you ''seasonally adjust'' those figures, it reduces it by a good 43.76%.

The Tories taught me that in the 80''s.

Not much point in this comparison. There''s always going to be a wide difference when inspecting figures following relegation and promotion. Also, worth taking into consideration three shirts being available this season.

Those of us that have played in the chocolate Coventry City away kit from circa 1985 , (I''ve no idea how my team got this strip btw), takes a view on every football strip .

''an aggressive response there ruthers but then again for someone still carrying a chip on both shoulders I suppose that was to be expected.''

Aggressive? No. More like incredulous that somebody could be daft enough to come up with that ''comparison''.

As for still carrying chips on both shoulders it''s better than pips on both shoulders Til. Nick, nick, oink, oink!