Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Is It me.....

or are all agents right prats?

Remembering back to the huckerby saga, and now francis, im beginning to think that agents shouldn''t be needed, it should be purely up the player.

Well, saying that Francis is at much fault for going along with it, if Francis didnt want to move then he would surely have sacked his agent by now like Huckerby did, so although most of the blame falls on his agent, Francis must take some blame aswell.

Stirring up a move should not be alowed, surely! Francis''s agent is simply trying to upset Norwich to get us to offload Francis to Pompey for a smaller price.

Well, all i can say to this at the moment is ''Hats Off To Worthy''. I can just remember his words "We are not going to be bullied - in any way, shape or form, Damien signed a healthy contract last year - and quite willingly”

The above really proves that worthy is the right man for the job, it also sends a sense of safty about our club, indeed sometimes we dont agree with him, but Worthy has got the right idea about this, and i hope we keep francis as he will be a good player in the push for promotion

But stupid Finnigen always keeps going on and on

Even thou pompey man Storrie said: “It''s a simple situation,” explained Storrie. “We got in contact with Norwich to ask them the latest regarding Da-mien Francis. But never in that time was a formal bid made. It was purely an inquiry and we may not go any fur-ther from here. << notice the last line

All i want is for that idiot Finnigan to shut up and stop repeatedly saying "Damien wants to come to Portsmouth."

SHUT UP FINNIGAN

Sorry about that, rant over

[quote]or are all agents right prats? Remembering back to the huckerby saga, and now francis, im beginning to think that agents shouldn''t be needed, it should be purely up the player. Well, saying that Fra...[/quote]

No, of course its not just you AJ.

But to be fair here, I don''t think Hucks ever sacked his agent. He just told him that he would sign for who he''d want to.

Or in other words sod off, I''ll decide.

The 666 baby, could do the same if he really wanted to.

We have assumed that the board now have their price, and they wont be lowering it for anyone. Damo''s agent has not driven the buyers valuation down because he "wants a move". However the board wont be accepting lower bids.

So the funny thing is his agent may have screwed up any ideas of a move for Damo as his agent has driven his price down, and clubs (Portsmouth) are trying to get away with paying less, but we aint having any of it!

Unfortunately Mr F doesn''t have a mind of his own or a tongue in his head, so some spiv has to be his mouthpiece. The whole situation would be quite funny, if it wasn''t so bloody annoying and quite pathetic really.Let''s hope Mr F finds the team he deserves and is unhappy for evermore in his football "career".

AGREED AGENTS ARE SCUM!
THE FACT REMAINS THAT AS LONG AS MONEY MAKES THEFOOTBALL WORLD GO ROUND, THE VULTURES WILL CIRCLE.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT CLUBS WONT STAND TOGETHER AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. NORWICH (I''M SURE)DISLIKE FINNAGEN BUT I BET PORTSMOUTH DONT MIND HIM, THEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM.

No AJ, agents aren''t pratts.

Agents regularly make 7 digit sums out of player transfers. Kewell''s agent made £2m out of his transfer to Liverpool. We have no idea how much Finnigan will make if Francis goes to Portsmouth, but it will be a very large sum no doubt.

People compare the Francis situation with the Hucks situation, but there are major differences;

- With Hucks, the money was not the most important thing. He wanted a well run club at which he could enjoy his football, in an area that was right for his family. He wants to be loved by the fans, and in return he cares about the fans.

- Hucks is reasonably intelligent and can speak for himself.

- Hucks knows the value of hard work

- Francis has so little education he can hardly string a sentence together. He is purely interested in the Premiership status (looks so much better on his website) and the money.

- Francis is happy to let his agent do the talking, if it helps him get more money. He does not care for NCFC in the slightest.

- Francis obviously believes he has a right to play in the Premiership, irrespective of contracts he personally signed and without him actually having to make the effort. He had a chance to work hard to be a Premiership player, well we all remember how hard he worked at Fulham, don''t we.

Finnigan is doing all he can to meet his clients wishes and to make money for himself. He couldn''t care less what you or I feel, he probably doesn''t care a jot about football, just about making money. Agents must be better regulated to stop this happening, but can you see FIFA/FA actually doing anything to stop it? They are the pratts, the agents are running rings around us all pocketing our money and getting very, very rich.

Sorry for the rant, but I am absolutely disgusted by the whole situation.

But AJ, I thought you were Jan Kristiansen''s agent??

Only kidding mate - of course its not just you, whilst most agents seem to conduct their business quietly, it seems there are a minority who can only be described as SCUM.  These people only seem to be interested in their client''s career insofar as they can further their own and increase their own salary.  Others seem simply to want to be in the limelight and have the publicity! 

Unfortunately, though, this seems to be the footballing world we live in - all we can hope for is that the FA are serious in their recent comments about clamping down on agents.

And whilst, at any other club, it would be amusing that an agent seems to actually be ruining his client''s career, the fact that it is happening to our club, and one of our players, makes me sick to the stomach...

There''s got to be a chant in this for tomorrow, though...

Something along the lines of "f**k off Finnegan!"

[quote]But AJ, I thought you were Jan Kristiansen''s agent?? Only kidding mate - of course its not just you, whilst most agents seem to conduct their business quietly, it seems there are a minority who can...[/quote]

Most agents are not scum as such but have become very adept at using the media to maximise their own and their players pay packets, IMO to the detriment to football as a whole. 

While Pompey may be pleased with Finnegans approach on Francis they will have experienced the same tactics against them on other players (Yakubu) and the only people who benefit in the long run are the agents.  Fans do see through the players who spend no more that 18-24 months at a club as they chase the next signing on fee.

We should embrace Flems loyalty (or inability to find another club or love of the securtity staying in one place he likes brings his family) - the days of 10 season players is nearing its final curtain.

Its like Estate agents - we all despise having to use them and shriek at their fees but without them the majority of moves would not happen as they are good at what they do.   A necessary evil, but in football just becoming too disruptive?

OTBC