Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Recruitment/Transfers

"West Bromwich Albion have signed Hull City defender James Chester for a fee of £8m.

The 26-year-old has signed a four-year deal at The Hawthorns"

That''s the way to do it, no messing around. What was it 3 days or so? We''ve been messing around for a couple of months and still the deal not concluded.

perhaps WBA are prepared to pay over the odds for a player.

perhaps we are not prepared to pay over the odds.

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]Derby Canary is right - You could have brought a few houses in the time its taken to wrap up Brady.[/quote]If only... *calls solicitor again* [:)]

Al;so think we are in need of another striker wonder how long that will take. Lets hope all the waiting on Transfers is worthwhile??

[quote user="djc"]

perhaps WBA are prepared to pay over the odds for a player.

perhaps we are not prepared to pay over the odds.

[/quote]Think you have to make the decision in the Premiership, do you meet the players value and get on with it or do you try to scavenge from a relegated Club and fall behind with your preparation and perhaps miss out on recruiting sufficient quality to build a squad capable of competing.Our squad remains only a reasonably competitive Championship outfit. Although I accept that some key players were missing last night those on duty were painfully exposed the minute West Ham played their big guns. We are well short of having the quality to stand any chance in the Premiership.

[quote user="Miss Bum Bum"]We are an utter shambles he was down on Monday to agree personal terms and still it isn''t sorted.[/quote]How many have your lot signed Waveney, apart from the two you took in part exchange for Mings? [^o)]

It''s not our fault that Hull are playing hard ball.

If it was a house you wanted no matter what you''d wait around a bit if you had to

Or maybe the Chester transfer has been going on all summer and Steve Bruce just didn''t feel the need to go public on it as he did with Brady. Maybe Chester had a release clause in his contract. We just don''t know. However it''s not a very good stick to beat the club with as it''s all based on conjecture and if Brady signs in 5 minutes or on August 31st it doesn''t matter. As long as Alex Neil gets the targets he wants and gives us the best chance possible to stay up that''s all that matters to me.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Our squad remains only a reasonably competitive Championship outfit.[/quote]I''ve said this before, and I''ll say it again: of our 18-man squad for Wembley, 17 had top-flight experience. With Neil in charge all season we would have won promotion at a canter. Yes we need to strengthen the squad, and yes it would have been beneficial to tie up our primary targets earlier, but I don''t think our current squad is as bad as you make out.And yes we were exposed when West Ham brought on their big guns, but that might not have been the case if we had our first XI playing too. I''d say that two at most of our ten outfield starters last night will start against Palace.