Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Norwich v West Ham

#ncfc subs vs @whufc_official: Rudd (GK), Howson, Loza, Josh Murphy, Redmond, Jacob Murphy, Hall-Johnson, McGrandles.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Team news --Ruddy; E Bennett, R Bennett, Turner, Toffolo; Tettey, O''Neil (c); Odjidja Ofoe, Hooper, Andreu; van Wolfswinkel.[/quote]

Very interesting line up.   Gives several players - particularly Toffolo and E. Bennett - the chance to try out against premiership opposition.  

We are looking very good.

Little goal threat though, but very good.

Am I right in thinking that AN might be using this game to have a final look at the likes of RVP, Turner, E. Bennett (as wing back) and even Andreu against decent opposition?

Something has to give. We cannot have all of them in the squad of 25, especially if we intend more incomings.

Oh Ricky, I''m beginning to think it just isn''t meant to be, you have to score from there.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Didn''t think RvW had a bad half, good running and some reasonable link up play. Missed a great chance there though.[/quote]I thought the same, but that shot just took all of that buildup I had in my head from the previous 45 mins away.

Yeah he was good apart from that. Toffolo looks ok. Andreu bit quiet.

Loving our style of high pressing, fast, direct one touch football feeding the strikers with through balls, it''s my favourite approach and shouls suit RVW perfectly, even though he missed that one on one he has been involved quite a lot.

Funny how little time it''s taken Alex Neil to realize something that Hughton couldn''t figure out in 30+ games, If we stick with RVW I can guarantee he''ll score a few under AN

Toffolo and Vadis also look class. Toffolo already looks like he could play at PL level and I''m just praying Vadis can stay fit

Who was it who did that outrageous dribble out of defence? It was after 5 - 10 mins, after we''d been under the cosh. Steady on, Wes, I thought. Oh ...

Was it Andreu? Surely not Harry! (The beard & haircuts look the same). Whoever it was, it was damn impressive!

Ofoe looks good. Hooper showed one lovely bit of control, but was fractionally too slow to get his shot away.

They''re all doing well though. Excellent for a second string. I''m feeling strangely optimistic!

Tof and Odjidja have impressed me the most so far aswell. I feel bringing in Wisdome could help him too, seeing another youth fullback who is premier league quality (although he still doesn''t know where he belongs in the back four, apparently)

Dare I say it?

Toffolo is ready, IMO. Quite a classy young act already.

I realise we tread cautiously with promoting our young these days but this boy has all the attributes.

(Perhaps I am biased because his name resembles a new product from the ex-Caley''s factory and my sister and I loved to buy the cheap ''broken'' chocolates from the the shop and eat them whilst

watching the workers through the grills. What a smell!)

Decent crowd tonight.

Surprising how well Toffolo is doing defensively, he''s always looked useful going forward but it''s pleasant to see how responsible he is. His through ball for RVW was lovely as well, who should have buried it.

I''m enjoying this. Several positives: JR is looking very sharp (Dean Kiely was a great signing IMO), Toffolo, VOO, Andreu and RVW (great movement and always showing for the ball). Benno and Hooper not so good so far. Need one of the Murphy''s to give us a bit of pace.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Men against boys since WHam bought their bigboys on. Going to be a long season! RVW same old same old![/quote]

Well fu(king duh...

We''ve still got our reserves out, our tired reserves conceding against their fresher first team was always likely and completely un-indicative of the season ahead

The Irons are looking quite handy at front, they could teach us a thing or two about being penetrative in the final third.Unlucky og by Toffs.