Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

Apology from Archant

Where is it?

Should be screaming from their front pages this morning but couldn''t see it.

No doubt it''s hidden away in a sub column on page 23.

They should be giving everyone free entry to Pleasurewood Hills as way of an apology to both the fans who stayed at home and the main sponsor themselves.

On Page 2 of both the EDP and Evening News, on the homepage of EDP, Evening News, PinkUn and on our social media channels.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Where is it?

Should be screaming from their front pages this morning but couldn''t see it.

No doubt it''s hidden away in a sub column on page 23.

They should be giving everyone free entry to Pleasurewood Hills as way of an apology to both the fans who stayed at home and the main sponsor themselves.[/quote]

Should have gone to Specsavers by the sound of it!

Fiona Ryder, managing director of Mustard TV, said: “For reasons beyond

our control, the live satellite link was unavailable, but we were able

to broadcast our recorded coverage. We are, of course, as disappointed

as the Norwich fans that we were unable to to broadcast live.”Does that constitute an apology? Discuss.

It was a pre-season friendly.

It was £10 a ticket.

If you REALLY wanted to see the game, you would have gone!

Yes, the live coverage didn''t work - but who cares? Do something else!

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]It was a pre-season friendly. It was £10 a ticket. If you REALLY wanted to see the game, you would have gone! Yes, the live coverage didn''t work - but who cares? Do something else![/quote]

I was worried about the traffic congestion, lack of car parking, no bus stop at the ground, lack of trains from the west of the county and it was a work night so I couldn''t walk in from Broadland Business Park.

If only there was a solution to my problem.

If the Mustard match feed had have been up I would have missed an amusing moment on the Italian stream.The commentator was talking (no idea what he was saying as I speak only a couple of words of Italian). The cameras zoomed in on the directors box. The next thing I heard was "Italian blah blah blah.... Delia Smith. More Italian blah blah blah....... Let''s be ''avin'' you! More Italian blah blah blah" This was followed by him listing road names in Norwich. (Newmarket Road and Roasary Road etc).It''s good to see that our fearless leader''s out burst at the Man City game 10 years ago has not been forgotten by the world media. May be we could organise a friendly against Man City to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Delia''s outburst, fill her up with sherry and see if she does it again. Just to raise our profile worldwide of course.

Any way it made me chuckle, but I suppose you had to be there..........

It worked out fine for us; we returned from training at the running club around 8.45pm & saw the apology on screen. Shortly after we got to see the whole game. Quite happy with that, however the broadcast was a bit of a mess. Quality of the commentary was far better than I expected

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Fiona Ryder, managing director of Mustard TV, said: “For reasons beyond

our control, the live satellite link was unavailable, but we were able

to broadcast our recorded coverage. We are, of course, as disappointed

as the Norwich fans that we were unable to to broadcast live.”[/quote]So I could watch it live on the internet down here in sunny Portugal but people in Norfolk couldn''t."Satellite link unavailable" my backside.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]On Page 2 of both the EDP and Evening News, on the homepage of EDP, Evening News, PinkUn and on our social media channels.[/quote]
any truth in the rumour that Mustard weren''t allowed to show it live and only found out just before the broadcast was due to start.. hence the convenient "technical fault" before the game was shown in it''s entirety minutes after full time?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]On Page 2 of both the EDP and Evening News, on the homepage of EDP, Evening News, PinkUn and on our social media channels.[/quote]
any truth in the rumour that Mustard weren''t allowed to show it live and only found out just before the broadcast was due to start.. hence the convenient "technical fault" before the game was shown in it''s entirety minutes after full time?
[/quote]None at all Jas. Like most conspiracy theories this one is also nonsense.

[quote user="Miss Bum Bum"][quote user="Herman "]Us plastics were OK. Best stream in ages.[/quote]

He is joking but very very disturbing for the real fan[/quote]Hey Pete – while you''re checking this thread, what are the chances of blocking the IP address of this poster (and about 30 others)? Would reduce counterproductive spam on this board by at least 50%.

you think he is posting from a single ip address??

now if you suggested that his couple of devices are blocked then thats far more effective.

But why would archant want to block 10% of their users hits?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Miss Bum Bum"][quote user="Herman "]Us plastics were OK. Best stream in ages.[/quote]

He is joking but very very disturbing for the real fan[/quote]Hey Pete – while you''re checking this thread, what are the chances of blocking the IP address of this poster (and about 30 others)? Would reduce counterproductive spam on this board by at least 50%.[/quote]I can block their email address.Any others that people should think be removed then just hit the report button or email me...

Haha fair enough, I''m a bit of a novice when it comes to techie stuff [:)]I''m guessing the ''Waveney problem'' is more difficult to solve, then – it''d essentially be like playing whack-a-mole, and I think Archant would get bored before Waveney.PS. Get away from the monitor and go for a walk, Waveney. Preferably to the JobCentre.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Miss Bum Bum"][quote user="Herman "]Us plastics were OK. Best stream in ages.[/quote]

He is joking but very very disturbing for the real fan[/quote]Hey Pete – while you''re checking this thread, what are the chances of blocking the IP address of this poster (and about 30 others)? Would reduce counterproductive spam on this board by at least 50%.[/quote]I can block their email address.Any others that people should think be removed then just hit the report button or email me...[/quote]Wasn''t someone keeping a list of all Waveney''s alter egos? Lappin perhaps?I''d be in favour of removing him and all his myriad antagonists, but it''s not just my call – what does everyone else think? (PS. Waveney only gets one vote in total, not one per handle!)