Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Hooper to Forest...

Tactically Hooper has motor a role to play in the Premier.

He is not suited to the Neil model lone striker, nor does he really suit the 10 role, tip of the diamond or any of the roles in a front 3.

He is a luxury player who simply isn''t that luxurious. Having said that, as an option to throw on to get a goal late in games he has strategic value and this can be accommodated in the Premier League.

Truthfully this is his role anyway, just not one that is massively sustainable at championship level as the player has higher expectations than this.

For a player with such high expectations, a level of professionalism - on and off the field and in and out of season - must equal or exceed that of his peers.

A good offer would see him leave, though attention-grabbing cameo roles may suit all parties for a year at the higher level.

Parma

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Hooper is streets better than Lafferty, RvW or, for that matter, Grabban.  [/quote]

"Streets better"...really?

I''d rather defend against Hooper than Grabban.

Some interesting stats when comparing Hooper to Jerome and Grabbon...

http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=407141

I completely agree with Parma. Whatever Hooper''s merits are, it is so painfully obvious that he cant play to AN''s system. I remember the dire home loss to Wigan last season where he was complexly statuesque and whenever he did receieve the ball, he didn''t have the necessary close control skills to retain the ball. It is going to be a real luxury carrying Hooper for a season when he is destined to get the odd 20 minutes here and there. Assuming that we play one striker up front and that Jermoe and Grabban stay fit, there may be times he doesn''t even make the bench, especially if we keep the more mobile RVW.