Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Andre Wisdome

Wisdom is a right back who can play centre half.

Considering Whittaker is the only natural right back we have now I think this is a good signing. Seemed to start well at wba last season then lost his way a bit.

Should be a good battle between him and Whittaker for that spot. Much needed and good news.

"Wisdom is a right back who can play centre half.

Considering Whittaker is the only natural right back we have now I

think this is a good signing. Seemed to start well at wba last season

then lost his way a bit."
Sorry, but you have got this the wrong way round. He is a CB that has been played as a RB, and by all accounts at WBA, he came across as very much an out of position player. Check the Liverpool forums - they were expecting him to be back up to their first choice CBs this season.As for our RB''s, we have two on our books (Martin and Whitts) with the potential for Elliot Bennett to grow into this role. I feel that counter-attacking football in the Prem is going to require us to have pace at both FBs and I for one am hoping that Bennett is very much in the AN''s mind for the RB berth.

[quote user="Cerberus"]"Wisdom is a right back who can play centre half.

Considering Whittaker is the only natural right back we have now I

think this is a good signing. Seemed to start well at wba last season

then lost his way a bit."
Sorry, but you have got this the wrong way round. He is a CB that has been played as a RB, and by all accounts at WBA, he came across as very much an out of position player. Check the Liverpool forums - they were expecting him to be back up to their first choice CBs this season.As for our RB''s, we have two on our books (Martin and Whitts) with the potential for Elliot Bennett to grow into this role. I feel that counter-attacking football in the Prem is going to require us to have pace at both FBs and I for one am hoping that Bennett is very much in the AN''s mind for the RB berth.[/quote]

Hmm wouldn''t say I''m wrong. He grew up as a centre back but at pro level for Liverpool, derby and wba he played mostly as a right back. So depends where Alex sees his best position.

I see Russ as a CB now like it or not. Elliott is just potential rb so I think it''s fair saying Whittaker is only rb

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]Good loan signing if true in my opinion. I''d be a bit worried if it was an expensive transfer but this does add some quality on a less risky basis.

If he''s crap then he''ll be back at Liverpool with no real financial fallout. If he''s good then we have a genuine chance at signing him next year.

It may be a plan B or C, but not a bad one.[/quote]

HeartsCanary93... No real financial fall out? If relegation is the price we pay for failing to adequately strengthen the defence then I''m sorry but I have to disagree, whilst I hope this lad proves to be as successful as Kyle Naughton, he is only an inexperienced squad filler, hopefully we still have a couple of defensive irons in the fire because at the moment I don''t see that our defence is any stronger than it was last year, I would like us to go for maybe Aden Flint of Bristol City who is probably the best centre half outside the premier league & has plenty of game time

"He’s level is somewhere between the top 6 in the Championship and the bottom six in the Premier League."

Ugh!

From LFC fan''s forum.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"He’s level is somewhere between the top 6 in the Championship and the bottom six in the Premier League."

Ugh!

From LFC fan''s forum.[/quote]Is that not what we realistically are? Sorry were you expecting us to sign Champions League regulars? I would suggest it is your outlook which is unrealistic and not the club signing below it''s position.

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="HertsCanary93"]Good loan signing if true in my opinion. I''d be a bit worried if it was an expensive transfer but this does add some quality on a less risky basis.

If he''s crap then he''ll be back at Liverpool with no real financial fallout. If he''s good then we have a genuine chance at signing him next year.

It may be a plan B or C, but not a bad one.[/quote]

HeartsCanary93... No real financial fall out? If relegation is the price we pay for failing to adequately strengthen the defence then I''m sorry but I have to disagree, whilst I hope this lad proves to be as successful as Kyle Naughton, he is only an inexperienced squad filler, hopefully we still have a couple of defensive irons in the fire because at the moment I don''t see that our defence is any stronger than it was last year, I would like us to go for maybe Aden Flint of Bristol City who is probably the best centre half outside the premier league & has plenty of game time[/quote]You a looking at this with the luxury of hindsight. Naughton did not have anymore experience before he joined us than Wisdom. Certainly not in the Premiership. You then mention a defender in Flint that hasn''t even played in the Championship before! I can''t quite work out whether you are trolling or just a completely flawed argument that seems illogical to the extreme.

"Is that not what we realistically are? Sorry were you expecting us to sign Champions League regulars? I would suggest it is your outlook which is unrealistic and not the club signing below it''s position."

What? Who said anything about expecting us to sign "Champions League regulars?"

How could you possibly know a single thing about my so-called "expectations" just from me being a slight dismayed at the opinion of a Liverpool supporter, which is slightly underwhelming regards the player we now seem to have.

We all well know our (the Club''s) place, but we can still aspire to more and negative remarks such as that bring a great big "Ugh" from me, unfortunately.

You feel that we should only target top six Championship and bottom six Premiership players, I take it?

I will add that I feel that the Scouser''s opinion might well be slightly harsh and that I see overall worth in this signing.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Is that not what we realistically are? Sorry were you expecting us to sign Champions League regulars? I would suggest it is your outlook which is unrealistic and not the club signing below it''s position."

What? Who said anything about expecting us to sign "Champions League regulars?"

How could you possibly know a single thing about my so-called "expectations" just from me being a slight dismayed at the opinion of a Liverpool supporter, which is slightly underwhelming regards the player we now seem to have.

We all well know our (the Club''s) place, but we can still aspire to more and negative remarks such as that bring a great big "Ugh" from me, unfortunately.

You feel that we should only target top six Championship and bottom six Premiership players, I take it?

I will add that I feel that the Scouser''s opinion might well be slightly harsh and that I see overall worth in this signing.[/quote]Why are you slightly dismayed by the opinion that he is bottom six  Premier league quality? Lambert signed Championship quality players and molded them into a Premiership unit. You obviously think we should be buying what top 10 premiership quality players? How do we do that then? We are newly promoted and don''t have a rich Russian bank rolling us, I''ll say it again your expectations are warped if you think we are in that bracket of spending. I''m not the negative one, I haven''t shown dismay at a signing that hasn''t even had the chance to play in a friendly for us yet alone a competitive game. Maybe think who is being negative. We will get bottom six quality players in, if the management team can get the best out of them then we won''t be in the bottom three. Maybe I''m lumping you in with every Championship Manager player who thinks we should sign some Dutch wonder kid and doesn''t live in the real world, sorry if aren''t but your negative comments towards a clearly talented but raw player annoyed me.

Seen him play at right back in the odd occasion and he has done well, reminds me of Micha Richards in the way he plays, powerful strong and not bad at going forward. Obviously not as good as Richards just has similaritys, a good addition to the squad imo

"Why are you slightly dismayed by the opinion that he is bottom six Premier league quality? Lambert signed Championship quality players and molded them into a Premiership unit. You obviously think we should be buying what top 10 premiership quality players? How do we do that then? We are newly promoted and don''t have a rich Russian bank rolling us, I''ll say it again your expectations are warped if you think we are in that bracket of spending. I''m not the negative one, I haven''t shown dismay at a signing that hasn''t even had the chance to play in a friendly for us yet alone a competitive game. Maybe think who is being negative. We will get bottom six quality players in, if the management team can get the best out of them then we won''t be in the bottom three. Maybe I''m lumping you in with every Championship Manager player who thinks we should sign some Dutch wonder kid and doesn''t live in the real world, sorry if aren''t BUT YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS ..... annoyed me."

I made no negative comments, a Liverpool supporter did.

They ( the comments) just disappointed me in respect of our newest acquisition. Especially the reference, in part, to Championship standard. Ugh!

I expressed disappointment at them which then prompted you to refer to "Champions League standard players." and now my "warped expectations," whilst you can have little idea of.

For the record, I know our place and am fully aware of our limitations in the transfer market to the extent that I would be satisfied with the much coveted 17th. spot next season, but, nevertheless, reading such clear negativity, valid or otherwise, from another supporter about our new proposed signing fails to go down well with me.

Btw.

Where do "Rich Russians?" come into it all? We are loaning a Liverpool reserve, for good or bad.

What is "Championship Player?"

Is the £1.25m ''loan fee'' the covering of his wages or are these on top?

If we''re just covering his wages then looks a decent deal. If we''re paying his wages and paying a fee of £1.25m just to borrow him for a season and then pass back, I''d rather sign someone permanently.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Why are you slightly dismayed by the opinion that he is bottom six Premier league quality? Lambert signed Championship quality players and molded them into a Premiership unit. You obviously think we should be buying what top 10 premiership quality players? How do we do that then? We are newly promoted and don''t have a rich Russian bank rolling us, I''ll say it again your expectations are warped if you think we are in that bracket of spending. I''m not the negative one, I haven''t shown dismay at a signing that hasn''t even had the chance to play in a friendly for us yet alone a competitive game. Maybe think who is being negative. We will get bottom six quality players in, if the management team can get the best out of them then we won''t be in the bottom three. Maybe I''m lumping you in with every Championship Manager player who thinks we should sign some Dutch wonder kid and doesn''t live in the real world, sorry if aren''t BUT YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS ..... annoyed me."

I made no negative comments, a Liverpool supporter did.

They ( the comments) just disappointed me in respect of our newest acquisition. Especially the reference, in part, to Championship standard. Ugh!

I expressed disappointment at them which then prompted you to refer to "Champions League standard players." and now my "warped expectations," whilst you can have little idea of.

For the record, I know our place and am fully aware of our limitations in the transfer market to the extent that I would be satisfied with the much coveted 17th. spot next season, but, nevertheless, reading such clear negativity, valid or otherwise, from another supporter about our new proposed signing fails to go down well with me.

Btw.

Where do "Rich Russians?" come into it all? We are loaning a Liverpool reserve, for good or bad.

What is "Championship Player?"[/quote]Why quote a liverpool fan and add ugh at the end if you aren''t putting meaning to that quote? Why pick out a negative comment on him rather than a positive one if you didn''t want to suggest the signing was negative. If you don''t think we should sign bottom 6 players then you must think we should sign way above that which is top 10? A lot of the top 10 teams are backed by very rich backers. I''m suggesting it is unrealistic to think we will be fishing from the same waters as there financial position dwarfs ares. It is a logical point to make. How am I being negative sorry? I''m being far more positive than you clearly are. You shouldn''t quote someone and then pretend it doesn''t represent your feelings when someone questions you, it''s a little cowardly.

"Why quote a liverpool fan and add ugh at the end if you aren''t putting meaning to that quote? Why pick out a negative comment on him rather than a positive one if you didn''t want to suggest the signing was negative. If you don''t think we should sign bottom 6 players then you must think we should sign way above that which is top 10? A lot of the top 10 teams are backed by very rich backers. I''m suggesting it is unrealistic to think we will be fishing from the same waters as there financial position dwarfs ares. It is a logical point to make. How am I being negative sorry? I''m being far more positive than you clearly are. You shouldn''t quote someone and then pretend it doesn''t represent your feelings when someone questions you, it''s a little cowardly."

You seemed determined to go on and on about something which amounts to next to nothing and your vehicle seems to be a total mis-construction of my initial posting.

It is valid quoting the views of a Liverpool fan on here because it is of interest to some, if not all

It is valid my expression of disappointment at such comments because I am a fan of Norwich City.

That this disappointment should be extrapolated beyond all reason, and to the extent even that my expectations for the Club are questioned, comes over as ridiculous to the extreme.

Please re-read just what exactly I posted. It becomes ''annoying'' (your word) when one''s views are inaccurately represented.

Please, if you continue with this, use paragraphs as your postings would benefit, although probably not your views.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Why quote a liverpool fan and add ugh at the end if you aren''t putting meaning to that quote? Why pick out a negative comment on him rather than a positive one if you didn''t want to suggest the signing was negative. If you don''t think we should sign bottom 6 players then you must think we should sign way above that which is top 10? A lot of the top 10 teams are backed by very rich backers. I''m suggesting it is unrealistic to think we will be fishing from the same waters as there financial position dwarfs ares. It is a logical point to make. How am I being negative sorry? I''m being far more positive than you clearly are. You shouldn''t quote someone and then pretend it doesn''t represent your feelings when someone questions you, it''s a little cowardly."

You seemed determined to go on and on about something which amounts to next to nothing and your vehicle seems to be a total mis-construction of my initial posting.

It is valid quoting the views of a Liverpool fan on here because it is of interest to some, if not all

It is valid my expression of disappointment at such comments because I am a fan of Norwich City.

That this disappointment should be extrapolated beyond all reason, and to the extent even that my expectations for the Club are questioned, comes over as ridiculous to the extreme.

Please re-read just what exactly I posted. It becomes ''annoying'' (your word) when one''s views are inaccurately represented.

Please, if you continue with this, use paragraphs as your postings would benefit, although probably not your views.[/quote]You are right, using a negative quote about a player and adding urg! is not being negative. How silly of me. I may have taken the point to extreme places though you are right. This may have clouded the point I agree. I''m sure the lad will be warmed by your support though. Also I would suggest your patronising comments at the end are cheap and below you really.

"You are right, using a negative quote about a player and adding urg! is not being negative. How silly of me. I may have taken the point to extreme places though you are right. This may have clouded the point I agree. I''m sure the lad will be warmed by your support though. Also I would suggest your patronising comments at the end are cheap and below you really."

Oh dear!

I remain in favour of this signing, yet find adverse comments from Mersyside, valid or not, add reservations to this view.

This includes references to "Top six Championship quality." Ugh!

Not negative, just Ugh!

This poster has likely seen a lot more of the player than you or I.

ITFC were top six after all. We are now in the Premier League.

A little. rather polite, lesson in the proper use of the English Language in it''s written form can never be described as "cheap."

Misuse of it is.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''d rather sign Andre the Giant.[/quote]

Andre3000 for me,   but I was always an outkast

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"You are right, using a negative quote about a player and adding urg! is not being negative. How silly of me. I may have taken the point to extreme places though you are right. This may have clouded the point I agree. I''m sure the lad will be warmed by your support though. Also I would suggest your patronising comments at the end are cheap and below you really."

Oh dear!

I remain in favour of this signing, yet find adverse comments from Mersyside, valid or not, add reservations to this view.

This includes references to "Top six Championship quality." Ugh!

Not negative, just Ugh!

This poster has likely seen a lot more of the player than you or I.

ITFC were top six after all. We are now in the Premier League.

A little. rather polite, lesson in the proper use of the English Language in it''s written form can never be described as "cheap."

Misuse of it is.[/quote]''rather polite'' should have been a capital R and "cheap." should have the full stop outside of the quotes. Just a polite lesson.

hertfordyellow:-

''rather polite'' should have been a capital R and "cheap." should have the full stop outside of the quotes. Just a polite lesson.

For information:

(1) ''Typo.'' Stop used mistakenly as you have just done after "cheap."

(2) "If only part of a quote is used, retain the original capitals. If you use the first part of the sentence, it will begin with a capital; if the quote begins part-way through the sentence, DON''T USE A CAPITAL."

"How to Punctuate Quotations in Statements - For Dummies."

Your attempt at being clever is therefore successful in your representation of the word "cheap." However, "rather" begins your sentence and needs a capital.

My original point was that your failure to use paragraphs made your postings harder to read. Not unreasonable.

Grammatical correctness on a football forum is not an essential. The need to make the posting more easily readable is more important..

It should have been advice well heeded, but your response was to resort to being silly.

Perhaps you should stick to football after all.

"Two people arguing about spelling and grammar on a thread which has a spelling mistake in it has a wonderful irony about it."

Not arguing BYG, just a minor skirmish.

So his name is Andrew Wisdome then? Thought so.

He’s also had Premier League experience with a few different clubs, so we’re happy to get it over the line. It will add to the competition for places as he’s a flexible player.

“In the past he’s played centre-back and right-back. Having added competition to the left-hand side with Robbie Brady, it was important to add something to the right side as well.

Sounds like he''s bound for the right which suggests Bassong/Martin as CB starters.

Excellent news. Good signings done and dusted. Will it stop the moaners though?

Another move in the right direction, pleased to see the defence being shored up, let''s see the CH now!

Do you think his real name is Andrew  Isdom, and , when he was younger he had  a ''Neville Neville'' moment? (Apologies to Jason Manford)