Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Andre Wisdome

Doing the rounds on twitter.

Norwich City are set to sign Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom on a season-long loan. http://t.co/pjulofIURI

Can play RB & CB

Andre Wisdom is expected to complete a season-long loan move from Liverpool to Norwich in next few days. #LFC to receive £1.25m loan fee.

Andy Hunter Journo for the guardian based in liverpool.

From the Liverpool echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-defender-andre-wisdom-9743642

Will be a handy addition to our squad - quick, steady and reliable.

Just waiting for some tw*t like waveney to say I''d rather have Norman Wisdom

Shrewd business if true. Got great experience for a young player, fills a very important gap and has a knack for being on the winning team more often than not I seem to remember. It probably kills any lingering hope of van Dijk but that was always unlikely.

West Brom fans reacting with some hilarity on Twitter, quotes like ''worst professional I''ve ever seen'' and ''That''s them relegated then'' Not quite sure what to make of it to be honest. Oh and another quote, ''Glad he''s not coming back here''. Really! Or just jealous he isn''t?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2513786-why-andre-wisdom-is-the-forgotten-liverpool-player-who-will-explode-in-201516

Looks like a talent. Good business if this comes off.

AN : Hi Brendan, Alex here, just wondering what''s going on with Ricky?

BR : Alex who?

AN : Alex Neil, you know, the Norwich Manager.

BR : Oh, that Alex. Welcome to the club.

AN : Just thinking about Ricky Lambert, what''s the deal there?

BR : Lambert? Ha ha ha, no chance mate. He''s on 80 grand a week. Won''t take a penny less.

AN : Oh Christ. McNally will never sanction that one. Any one else your looking to shift?

BR : Balotelli!

AN : Not for me thanks, unless you want to swap him for Van Wolfswinkel?

BR : Van who? We''re well covered up front mate. Cash or nothing.

AN : Oh OK, sorry to bother you. You know anyone else I can sign.

BR : Well I''ve got this young lad Wisdome, plays at the back. No plans for him this year.

AN : Wisdome? Never heard of him. Is he Scottish?

BR : English mate, captained the England U21s a while back. Been out on loan for two seasons and done well.

AN : (snarling) English? I''ve got enough southern pansies on the books, but on that PinkUn thing they''re all moaning about my defense. Guess this could pacify them. How much is he on?

BR : 1.2 million a year. Stump that up and he''s yours for the season.

AN : 1 season for 1.2 million! Do you know how much the Accies are on?

BR : No mate. I don''t really care, you''re in the big league now.

AN : Done deal mate. When can I have him? 

"West Brom fans reacting with some hilarity on Twitter, quotes like ''worst professional I''ve ever seen'' and ''That''s them relegated then'' Not quite sure what to make of it to be honest. Oh and another quote, ''Glad he''s not coming back here''. Really! Or just jealous he isn''t?"

I always pay a lot of regard to the views of the opposition fans when we are approaching a signing.

With Brady, for instance, it was generally favourable, but not total tbh.

This puts me off a bit, but as it''s Twitter, and not a fan''s forum, it might well be a wind-up.

If true he won''t go too well with AN, and we have him for a year.

Then again, AN would have been fully versed, and more so than the Twitterati.

All this apart, I personally would have preferred us to look to buy an addition outright. Whether Wisdome, or not, I wouldn''t know.

Now to investigate the Liverpool sites.

my first reaction was "a right back" but he does cover both positions and while a little underwhelming (I dont think he sparkled for derby or the baggies (another throstle connection)) he clearly has some ability.  

Always far better to rely on our own judgement over that of fans of other teams - looks good on paper, plenty of u-21 caps and just signed a four year deal at Liverpool, you''d have thought he was pretty decent. Certainly seems likely to be a better fit than the spurs lad who''s never played for them.

Not sure where this leaves us on signings if we get him, Brady, a keeper (guy from Blackburn linked) and the two we''ve already got - that makes 5 out of the 6 I understood we wanted. Is it another cb or a striker that we''re after, or will we get 7 in?

Promising young player offering cover for two positions. Shame it''s not with an option to buy. Turner on the way out?

A positive thing is that Liverpool/Rodgers continually loan him out and do not unload him completely, which suggests that they see some potential.

Let''s hope that his development, for good or bad, is to our advantage and not at our expense.

£1.5m for a years''sloan of a player unable to make the Liverpool first team squad.

£7m for Brady accompanied by a certain matter of factness on this forum and in sharp contrast with the arrival of RVW.

Even TWTD have not given it one mention, whereas there was a whole front page devoted to Rickii''s signing just two years ago.

The times they are a''changing, and very rapidly.

Apprently a bit too slow to play right back at Liverpool and they have a few players ahead of him and not really had much of an oppotunity to play at centre half, i think that he is here to have competition for the right back position and that means that Martin stays at centre half, i think that as he is young and can develop and if required could play at centre half but i think that we still require a decent centre half either on loan or a permanent signing.

Andre Wisdom is a decent, tidy player...

He didn''t play well in the Pulis system and was subsequently left out of the team. He was a regular for the manager before.

I am pleased we are getting him in. Talent!

Hmmm. Let''s see. A promising young CB who has lost his way a bit after being played out of position at RB ...... we need a CB ....... I wonder if ...

No, it''d never work.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/03/andre-wisdoms-west-brom-loan-whats-gone-wrong/

Sounds like he had mixed performances under Irving and Pulis didn''t fancy him....

I have faith that Alex Neil will

"An expensive stocking-filler methinks..."

Just like Tropical Linda then.

(Who remembers her? ............... Silence ensues.)

Rogers rates him,given new 4 year deal in May and played on Liverpools pre season tour. Our manager must think hes ok too so that''s two managers rating him v Pulis!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]IMO not what we need.

We need some proven quality. Our defence is currently no where near strong enough, and will be ripped to shreds if we don''t look to spend some serious cash.

I think it''s pretty clear we''re resorting to plan C now.[/quote]

Miserable git as ever

Good loan signing if true in my opinion. I''d be a bit worried if it was an expensive transfer but this does add some quality on a less risky basis.

If he''s crap then he''ll be back at Liverpool with no real financial fallout. If he''s good then we have a genuine chance at signing him next year.

It may be a plan B or C, but not a bad one.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"An expensive stocking-filler methinks..."

Just like Tropical Linda then.

(Who remembers her? ............... Silence ensues.)[/quote]Certainly do.............wonder where she is now?  Many a good night at the Washington.[;)]