Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Yuto Nagatomo

Do we need anymore midfielders?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/27/tt-report-norwich-city-join-premier-league-suitor-interested-in/

[quote user="Just Dan"]It says that he is a left back.[/quote]

Yes, I just noticed that as well, but the article also emphasizes that he is a midfielder. I suppose being a left-sided player would be an alternative to Brady. But now it looks more likely that Brady will be signed and this one probably won''t go anywhere...

[quote user="USA Canary"][quote user="Just Dan"]It says that he is a left back.[/quote]

Yes, I just noticed that as well, but the article also emphasizes that he is a midfielder. I suppose being a left-sided player would be an alternative to Brady. But now it looks more likely that Brady will be signed and this one probably won''t go anywhere...[/quote]Bethnal Y&G will correct me if I''m wrong - but I''m pretty sure he''s primarily a left-back.I''m pretty sure that''s where I''ve seen him play for Japan.

He plays left back and right back, the thought of him playing for Norwich makes my heart flutter.

For a while he was one of the top 5 left backs in world football imo, but has dropped off in recent years.

Very hard to imagine him leaving Milan though, he loves it there and is loved by the fans. He would be comfortable in any club in the Premier League excluding the top 4. Absolutely other level signing for Norwich.

The last thing I''d want to see is Brady a 7 million left back/utility man. IMO he Should be playing on the left wing taking people on like he did the majority of last season for hull. Tettey and mulumbu should allow both wings full licence to join the forward. I still expect another left back will be joining too. Toffolo may well come good but he''s not kicked a ball above league 1, and we''ve lost garrido.

Also just to bare in mind we have been light on the ground for genuine wingers for the last couple of seasons now. Having a dilemma of selecting your previous years player of the season with 1 of your most expensive signings isn''t a bad thing to have

Olsson should only miss 1 or 2 matches at most, so Brady could cover for those then compete with BJ at LM. CB and striker/AM are bigger priorities, imo, especially as we''re going to use a squad place for a third keeper.

If he can play right back to a higher level than Whittaker then it would make sense.

Was he injured last season or just out of favour? Can''t really see this one happening.

He fell out of favour with Mancini a little last season and was shunted around into a bunch of different positions. He played everywhere along both wings, from full back up to attacking midfielder and never had a long run in the team.

It does seem likely he''ll leave Inter as part of their big rebuilding process and Mancini doesn''t really use wide players - look at the narrow Man City team he built.

He has an agent touting him around English clubs and has been linked to Stoke and WBA recently, both who have come out and denied interest. I imagine if someone directly asked AN about him the same response would be given.

Galatasary are supposedly interested and his other agent (the non-England based one) might be using rumours in England to increase the wages being offered to him.

He would be undoubtedly better than Whittaker at right back though.

Will Olsson still be with us next season? He was minutes away from a move to West Brom in January which we assume was for a bigger wage and to play in Prem.Does he still want away for his own reasons, might just be his demeanor but he never looks as if he is enjoying his football with us.

So far, all our signings and known interests have been in line with the policy of looking for UK-based players. Only Larrivey departed from that and look what happened in his case. So I''m inclined to take rumours such as this with a much larger dose of salt than any linking us to players from our own leagues.

No doubt Watford will come in for him, carrying on with their transfer policy of trying to buy every player in Europe this summer.

If his agent is trying to get him a move to the PL because he wants to play in this league, yet no clubs want to sign him, this is surely a good thing for us if we are interested? Would love him here.

If Norwich are genuinely interested then they might have a good chance of signing him. The problem is he might see that Galatasary are a better option, even if it isn''t the league he was hoping for.

They can easily pay more wages (especially as tax is 15% in Turkey) and they have Champions League football to offer.

This basically seems like a non-story. We should all be used to our club being used by agents to garner a better deal for their player(it''s not exclusive to us). And if the interest is genuine, I would say more often than not to the avrg player we would lose out to galatasary, unless they really want to play in a more prestigious league than the turkish, but as BYG says, they also have the CL

Going through the Italian sports papers today, there is no doubt that Nagamoto is free to leave Inter.

He is on their Chinese tour, far be it from me to suggest for marketing reasons, but he is thoroughly out of favour with Mancini.

He played yesterday in a widely criticised performance by Inter in the "Chinese Derby" against Milan, where sizeable off-field efforts had been made to boost popularity...and Mancini open said he played kids and reserves to avoid injury for tonight''s game against Real.

Nagatomo will be on the bench tonight, though he will not stay at Inter unless he has nowhere to go. He will not stay in Italy.

One of his agents has issued a blatant "come and get me" to Gala, though his position means that Norwich could get him if they move decisively.

His flexibility is a big advantage to squad building at Norwich and as a right back he would solve an obvious structural weakness.

Parma

You have to understand the Italian mentality Bethnal, your distinction is a fine nuance. Inter have the "Asia project" which rather amalgamates everything.

Thohir the owner is Indonesian and focuses on pan-Asian development. All Asian names and stars are paraded across a structured sponsors photo-call programme and many meet-and-greets for fan groups, which is then disseminated across multiple Asian countries.

Mancini rather besmirched the issue by playing in very low key fashion to avoid injury, but the club has focused on off field promotion throughout the tour. Nagamoto was one of the few recognisable names on the team sheet, which otherwise lacked the stars known to local fans.

Parma

True, - Why did Man Utd buy Ji Sung Park? Because they liked the name? - no, because they liked the money. At least they admitted it though which you have to respect is a messed up kind of way

Park Ji Sung played over 200 times for Man U, including a couple of Champions League finals - he wasn''t bought as a marketing tool. Although that was a happy bonus for the club. Dong Fangzhou was bought to shift shirts in China though.

As for Inter and Nagatomo, Thorin as someone from Indonesia understands that ''Asia'' isn''t one large market. Having players from Japan makes clubs less marketable in China and Korea - when Man U signed Kagawa there were 100s of videos online of fans in those countries burning their Man U shirts.

Whilst Nagatomo is very useful for marketing in Japan he doesn''t help their profile in China.

I hate it when people say that just by getting a player from Japan it will help clubs make millions from shirt sales - it really doesn''t. When Leicester bought Yuki Abe no one in Japan gave a damn, when Southampton bought Tadanari Lee no one gave a damn. People are clever enough to know when clubs are patronising them with a ''look, we have this guy from Japan, you are from Japan, surely you love him'' policy that they are taking the mick.

Harsh on park there. He was signed because he was a great player primarily. As for Nagamoto, he would be an awesome buy. He seems to slot anywhere on the left out right so would challenge Olsson, Redmond, Brady and Whittaker. Very useful and talented utility player.

Here''s an "Asian Tour" quote from the Italian press. It also refers to placing Nagamoto in the shop window.

There are very few Chinese players at the top clubs, so whilst the "Asians are all the same" point is foolish to English eyes, it is simply not true to state that recognised Asian players have no value in any country other than their own. Recognition of the development of Asian players is important, just as some like to feel "European" (though typically not from England).

Parma

Is it harsh on Park? A good worker but was not trusted in the big games by Alex. However Mr Gill lik£d him, especially with new lucrative deals from Asia that no doubt came with the transfer and their pre season games that just so happened to be in... South Korea. (that last bit is researched btw)

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Is it harsh on Park? A good worker but was not trusted in the big games by Alex.[/quote]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Ji-sung#Style_of_playPark received much acclaim at Manchester United for his work rate and

energy which saw him deployed all over the midfield, including in the

middle of the pitch and on both wings, where he operates as a "defensive

winger".[72]

He was also known as something of a "big game player", as he was often

used by Alex Ferguson in big league games or European games where there

was an extra emphasis on defensive work.[73]

In his 2013 autobiography, ''I Think Therefore I Play'', Andrea Pirlo

wrote that Park, who was deployed to man-mark him in matches for both

PSV and Manchester United in the Champions League, was the one player

that he could not get the better of. Pirlo wrote of Park, "The

midfielder must have been the first nuclear-powered South Korean in

history, in the sense that he rushed about the pitch at the speed of an

electron."[74]

No offense, but I think I''ll use Pirlo''s opinion to judge over yours.

Oh that night in Moscow though..

Played such a big role up to the final and when it came to it, didn''t even make the bench, poor lad