Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Gregorie Defrel

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/07/newly-promoted-norwich-city-in-pursuit-to-sign-cesena-striker/

Another name in the ring 16 goals in over 100 games doesn''t look great though. I figure our existing strikers can ''work hard and not score'' so if we are gonna buy someone, we should get someone who can ''work hard and score''

To be fair though, it is the first I have heard of him so maybe someone can convert me.

Ooooh.

He is good!

9 goals for relegated Cesena last season. Very quick and skillful, loves a dribble and can set stuff up also.

Redmond and Grabban combined - also quite a big lad I seem to remember, certainly wouldn''t be bullied off the ball.

Yeah, everyone will look at the 16 goals in 100 games and claim he is awful. He played on the wing a lot for a few seasons and even last season he wouldn''t always start as a ''forward''.

I have a good friend who is a Cesena fan and he loves this guy. Pretty much certain there is nothing in this rumour - but he is a cracking player.

Only seen him a handy of times but always stood out in his team. Could potentially see him playing in the hole behind the striker. Long term wes replacement ?

Earlier this year Southampton, Everton and Swansea were looking at him. Described as more of an attacking midfielder/number ten role.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2970868/Southampton-look-beat-Swansea-Everton-signature-Cesena-s-attacking-midfielder-Gregoire-Defrel.html

His stats are fine Yorkshire, last season Cesena managed 36 goals in Serie A, Delfrel scored or set up 14 of those. Last season was his breakthrough one and he looked an excellent player.

He hasn''t been played ''out of position'', he can play in several positions - just he hasn''t always played as a striker so it isn''t surprising he hasn''t scored tons of goals in every season he has played.

Usual nonsense by " I have a friend " informants . Under hughton we scored about the same number of goals as his club , Gary Hooper scored the same number of goals within that low total. ,,, in the EPL !!

And this sh*te written by the same pleb denigrating Hooper on another thread ...... Give me strength .

Would be very happy with this, not sure how reliable a rumour it is though.

Say what you really feel Barclay Seats, no need to hold back...

I think you find that Hooper scored 6 goals in the Premier League, and a couple of those were pens I think. Defrel doesn''t take pens, and as stated a number of times he wasn''t always deployed as a striker.

I have seen him play a couple of times in the flesh myself, as well as on TV numerous times, so this isn''t just information from a friend.

I do doubt the veracity of this story - Italian media is worse than the British one for making up random transfer stories - but as this is a player I know I thought I would add my knowledge to a thread about him.

Pleb? Really? What are you, a Tory MP?

Defrel has an agreement with Bologna, though they haven''t reached any deal with Cesena yet.

He has a whole host of active suitors including Palermo, Sassuolo, Torino and Sampdoria. Several further clubs are monitoring him.

There appears to be some complication to Defrel however. Palermo have money from selling Dybala to Juve, though were unable to make any kind of deal for Defrel, citing unspecified difficulties.

A widely admired player, good flexible forward across multiple positions. Would be surprised to see him leave Italy, fits well here.

Parma