Sign in to follow this  
Tom

Lincoln v Norwich XI Wednesday night

lincoln advertising a game against a Norwich City XI on Wednesday.

Can''t find any details anywhere else.

Any ideas who might be playing for the Norwich team considering the West Ham game on Tuesday night?

You are right though, Lincoln City''s twitter page:

"Wednesday evening this week. Imps v Norwich City. 7:45pm KO. Adults £10 conces £5 kids £2"

"New away kit to be launched at Wednesday''s fixture against Norwich City. You can buy your''s on the evening"

And their website saying:

"The Imps will play host to Leicester City at Sincil Bank Stadium on Tuesday 21 July 2015 with a Norwich City XI being the visitors on Wednesday 29 July. Both matches will kick off at 7.45pm."

''A really tough test for our U21s tonight as they visit Sincil Bank to take on @TheNationalLge side @LincolnCity_FC ''

The u21''s are playing Lincoln tonight

Yeah its the development squad featuring both Murphy''s, Thompson and Loza. Currently losing 1-0

Any posters get to this game last night?

From the people I have spoken to the scoreline flattered us somewhat, and were it not for a number of good saves by Kilip we could have lost by more.

Given that Lincoln are a Conference side, would we not expect a better result from a side containing the likes of Murphy x2, Loza, Thompson, McGrandles etc?

None of the aforementioned are really young anymore - In the modern game, where players are reaching the top at a much younger age,

I struggle to see any of those 5 making an impact this season and would think loan moves would be in the interests of all concerned.

I was at the game last night (I work in Lincoln, but support NCFC). There was not much in it actually - we were better in the first half but faded a bit in the second. Our keeper did make a number of very good saves but then so did the Lincoln keeper. Our players were probably more technical but Lincoln are a direct team - their keeper tended to hoof long balls and when they brought on a big (barrel-like) striker he won a few knock-downs that caused problems. Lincoln were more physical as you might expect. The Murphy''s did OK but were wasteful with free-kicks and had little end-product. We did have a goal ruled out for offside - it was tight. In all honesty it was not a particularly good game. Some good flashes from some of our lads but nothing more. I didn''t see anyone who would be realistically pushing for first-team or the even the bench unless the Murphy''s were taking things easy - it was a friendly after all. There were 1500 people there and 99 canaries made the trip (short one for me). Hope that helps.