Sign in to follow this  
Lewis Esquire

Andreu

I was very impressed by what I saw of Andreu on Tuesday night...

Very pacey with a great eye for a shot.

He looks like the sort of player, fans are going to enjoy watching.

Looks like he''s beefed up a bit too.

Andreu and Redmond either side of Jerome/Grabban could be an exciting trio up top.

I''ve gotta say was a bit miffed when he first signed but he''s really caught the eye in pre-season.

In the Prem you get a lot more time on the ball and I think he could become a absolute gem from what he''s shown so far

Looks like he could give Hoolahan a run for his money too. A little bit more direct as well. Happy to take on a shot from outside the box.

It''ll be interesting to see what we do with the attacking mid/ support striker role. Currently there are Wes and andreu to be a playmaker, or howson, dorrans or vadis to be a 3rd cm or Hooper, RVW, laffs or grabban to be the second striker.

Not sure what we will go with eventually but I can see Wes getting the palace game behind Jerome and then we go from there.

I think Andreu has looked lively, not sure he''ll be a starter much but he certainly doesn''t look a waste of his fee and a decent option considering we are unlikely to bring any more in in that position.

I thought it was interesting Wes has been a bit more direct and taking shots in pre-season games from what I have seen. Wonder if Neil has been telling him to have a go when the pass isn''t on, seen a couple of shots from outside the box even!

Andreu has looked good so far, and not had as many minutes as some of the others, he has though given the manager something to think about, he looked as good as anyone in the first half last night could be a great signing yet !

I am really looking forward to him providing the ammo for the Wolf to fire

Lewis Esquire; 45 minutes last night, 30 minutes at Cambridge, did have longer at Gorleston & Hitchin didn''t feature on Saturday, don''t think that''s overly long.

Lafferty is he still with us ?

[quote user="AJ"]  In the Prem you get a lot more time on the ball  [/quote]

Do you?

Outstanding players often look like they have plenty of time. And maybe Prem teams will let you have the ball when you''re a long way from their goal.

But you''re never getting more time in areas where you could make something happen.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="AJ"]  In the Prem you get a lot more time on the ball  [/quote]

Do you?

Outstanding players often look like they have plenty of time. And maybe Prem teams will let you have the ball when you''re a long way from their goal.

But you''re never getting more time in areas where you could make something happen.

[/quote]
Looking at quotes since the season ended, Russel Martin, Alex Neil, and Wes Hoolahan all disagree with you.

GJP, the Prem largely makes Championship games look like a herd of cattle chasing the ball. The prem is a lot more organised and a lot of teams play from the back. You''ll definitely have more time on the ball.

Players like Wes etc. will thrive more in the Prem. Yes, he makes it looks like he has a lot of time on the ball in the Champ, but that''s because he''s good at creating the space for himself.

I like Wes as much as the next Norwich fan, but I don''t feel he has ever particularly thrived in the Premier League. He has always looked a class act in the Championship, but never as effective at the higher level.

Last time we were in the Premier League we were crying out for an upgrade to Wes (Quag/Toivonen etc.).

I agree with GJP - while defenders and defensive midfielders will have time on the ball, it is naive to think that opposing teams will let our creatives have lots of time and space. I would suggest the opposite in fact - as most teams will employ at least one midfielder purely to sit in front of the defence and stop us from having time in these areas.

From what I have seen of Andreu he will be horribly out of his depth in this league. I can''t see him making more than a handful of substitute appearances.