Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Miquel is leaving by mutual consent

It would be totally wrong to lay this transfer solely at the door of Adams. It''s worth remembering that the most of the current footballing panel would have been in place when Miquel was signed and presumably the majority of them were happy with the deal struck at the time.

This is a significant transfer window for Norwich as we haven''t had one which has inspired confidence for quite some time.

I would probably say summer 2012 was our last decent window. With Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Tettey, Snodgrass and Bunn all proving to be decent acquisitions in their own ways. Butterfield being the only duff signing of the lot.

Looks like he has now signed for Spanish second division side, SD Ponferradina.

Sure he will be a success at that level, but not good enough for us i''m afraid.

You can''t win them all...

[quote user="Newton"]

Angry - good call

Carry on making things up - eventually you will believe your rants are fact (which is what you are doing now)

[/quote]If you look up irony in the dictionary, it quotes this post.

He went straight to a Spanish club we should have got a few no matter how small. Another poor bit of business all round by the club

A) by signing him in the first place

B) not loaning him out when it was clear we had signed a Turkey or sell him much earlier

C) not getting a fee to try and recoup some of our outlay.

The fee probably didn''t cover the wages on his contract we owe him. We have hopefully saved a considerable amount of this money by ripping the contract up by mutual consent. He will have known about his new club but probably has had a reduction in wages.

I note that in some quarters there is still criticism of the Conor McGrandles signing which I fail to understand. The boy is still only 19, that’s 7 months younger than the Murphy twins. Only time will tell whether it was a worthwhile acquisition but, for what it’s worth, he looks a good prospect to me.

Mcgrandles is in the same boat as Miquel. He may only be 19 but at that age you really need to start tapping on the first team door, if not your time at the club is only going to be limited.

One area we were lacking last season was on the wing. Mcgrandles position yet he couldn''t force himself into either of our Managers thoughts?

I mean we invested 1 million in him so let''s hope he''s not another dud!

He''s nearly always in the developement squad and playing a regular 90 minutes, but due to his position as a right/central midfielder, which is already well stocked, he won''t be tapping on the first team door just yet ,so not in the same boat as Miquel.

Being one for the future was an excuse to cover the fact that Miquel was sh1te. The club was in panic mode after Bassong''s dispute with the then ''manager'' and Olsson''s decision to try and move elsewhere instead of get his shoulder operated on. Cover at left back was needed and Miquel was a panic buy.

I must be hearing an echo - are people now beginning to get wise to our disastrous summer transfer spree last year

Grandles

San Miquell

Lafferty

Those 2 x Pensioner Centre halves who gave a penalty away every time they played

And of course the injury prone enigma known as Voo

For the last 8 months I have been complaining about the money Adams wasted only to be derided by the likes of Till, Herman, Canary, Purple, Chicken etc who all salivated over this waste of money

At last the rest of you are beginning to wake up

The problem we have compared with the other promoted clubs is that we are carrying expensive dead wood - add in Wolf

We still got promoted, dodgy signings or not. Why are you so upset? Hmmm......

[quote user="Newton"]I must be hearing an echo - are people now beginning to get wise to our disastrous summer transfer spree last year

Grandles

San Miquell

Lafferty

Those 2 x Pensioner Centre halves who gave a penalty away every time they played

And of course the injury prone enigma known as Voo

For the last 8 months I have been complaining about the money Adams wasted only to be derided by the likes of Till, Herman, Canary, Purple, Chicken etc who all salivated over this waste of money

At last the rest of you are beginning to wake up

The problem we have compared with the other promoted clubs is that we are carrying expensive dead wood - add in Wolf[/quote]

No we were laughing at the fact that you said we had spent a lot more than we actually had done. And not only that, but at that point in time you were telling us what a waste of money Grabban was as well, and said that O''Neil was a waste of space.

Lafferty is not a bad player, it just hasn''t worked out for him due to the way we play.

You also cannot blame someone for the way another so called professional treats them and makes their position questionable. I wonder, if AN had been appointed and not NA, would Bassong have said the same thing and would it mean that right now, he wouldn''t be playing for our club? I suspect it could be so - but that time out in the cold and a new face perhaps gave him a better perspective on things?

Miquel didn''t work out.

You can bang on about Voo and McGrandles but AN clearly rates Voo and McGrandles does have time on his side. Saying that a 19year old needs to be knocking on the door of the first team is ok, but you really have to consider what level we are playing at and how many 19 year olds regularly break through at it.

Not only that, but he has at least Redmond ahead of him - you can see why it might be hard for him to get ahead of a player of that quality. And that in a side where we don''t often play clear cut wingers anymore.

[quote user="Newton"]I must be hearing an echo - [/quote]

No that''s just your single brain cell bouncing around in your head.