Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Miquel is leaving by mutual consent

It''s hardly a surprise, we have to shift players to fit the 25 and he never got a look in in the Championship. Think this probably means Turner is staying, we need 5 decent CBs in the PL.

Can''t believe we are letting him go without trying to get a fee.

Ex Arsenal player must be worth something. Looks like yet another transfer mistake

I imagine they have been touting him out and there have been no takers, this allows him to find himself a new club and presumably saves us his full potential cost. Not the best of signings, but c''est la vie - you can''t win them all.

[quote user="STAN"]£1.5 million well spent.[/quote]

That''s the issue as well as the money spunked away on the wolf giving our Directors cash to spend is very often money wasted.

[quote user="Talented Canary"]Can''t believe we are letting him go without trying to get a fee.

Ex Arsenal player must be worth something. Looks like yet another transfer mistake[/quote]

I''m sure your lot at Portaloo Rd could do with him as a freebie waveney

Mcnally assured us that putting the "footballing board" in place would insure we didn''t make the same mistakes in the transfer market as we made under Hughton.

Worked well.

It hardly affected us, though - we were promoted and have moved on. I doubt the transfer fee was as much as reported - certainly was never talked about by the club.

I very much doubt it was £1.5million up front either.

As with the Brady deal really. I suspect that there is some truth in what Bruce was saying but in reality I suspect that the £2million and £3million were not the totals but what we offered up front.

You''ll never get a 100% success rate on transfers- every club has duds. I''ve been highly critical of Adams transfer dealings as there were far more misses than hits but if anyone things having any particular system in place will mean no more poor signings is living in a fantasy land.

We''ve made plenty of mistakes over the years - signing players like Vaughan & Butterfield mystified me - same recently with McGrandles & Andreu.

We don''t seem to know where to play Lafferty either come to that!

We need to refine things and reduce the expensive wastage that falls through the sieve...

chicken wrote the following post at 29/07/2015 9:21 PM:

I very much doubt it was £1.5million up front either.

As with the Brady deal really. I suspect that there is some truth in what Bruce was saying but in reality I suspect that the £2million and £3million were not the totals but what we offered up front

Chicken what on earth are you talking about - you claim the figures quoted in the press are not correct so you make your own up to pretend that we have not wasted so much money on flops like Miquel

Get real man - Miquell like Lafferty , Grandles & Voo a complete waste of money by Adams, or do you think we signed them for free

By the way you must be the only poster on this board who thinks we only paid £2M up front for Brady - HA HA HA

Miquel was supposed to be one for the future. Players like him leaving after only a year indicate to me that not all is well at Carrow Road and it''s going to be a tough season.

Shame you can''t read properly Newton-Chicken isn''t saying we''ve paid £2 million up front, he''s saying we probably only offered £2 or £3 million up front at the start of negotiations-HA HA FECKING HA

Angry you in the same boat as that idiot chicken

Read his comments again - he never says we only offered £2m at the start of negotiations - you just added that in

Are you related to the fool as well as being an idiot ?

blackwater wrote the following post at 29/07/2015 11:03 PM:

Miquel was supposed to be one for the future. Players like him leaving after only a year indicate to me that not all is well at Carrow Road and it''s going to be a tough season.

Black W

San Miquel is one for the future - he is 24 years old and did not play 1 min in the champs last season - who was he one for the future for = the kit man ?

[quote user="Newton"]blackwater wrote the following post at 29/07/2015 11:03 PM:

Black W

San Miquel is one for the future - he is 24 years old and did not play 1 min in the champs last season - who was he one for the future for = the kit man ?[/quote]It was widely believed if not stated at the time that he was an exciting prospect for the future. But he was bought by a radio commentator with the approval of McNally and his team of nobodies on the football board.It''s no surprise that we were sold a lemon because the people doing the buying were clueless about football.

Something went fundamentally wrong with the scouting and purchase of this player he never looked like making into the first team even in the championship

I hope lessons have been learned but some how I doubt it

He is 22 years old!!

Shame it didn''t work out but that''s football sometimes.

Newton maybe you need to read what Chicken said again. He is talking about original offers. Not what we eventually paid.

See quote below.

chicken "I very much doubt it was £1.5million up front either.

As with the Brady deal really. I suspect that there is some truth in what Bruce was saying but in reality I suspect that the £2million and £3million were not the totals but what we offered up front."

When we signed him, a Serbian Arsenal nut friend of mine said '' only way he''ll play in your 1st team is if you go back down to league one...he''s rubbish, dont know how he got into Arsenal in the 1st place''.

How right was he?

Let it go

Let it gooooo!

We''ve signed Brady and wisdome noooow

Let it go

Let it go

Stop taking about Miguel

More excellent work by Mr McNally and the Football Board, the player added to the squad dynamic last season and deserves his chance elsewhere and the club have a replacement with Premier League experience.

They get more impressive as each day goes by. Anyone who can''t see the sense in this deal needs to hang their heads in shame.

Anyone know what "mutual consent" means in this instance?

I always thought it meant a club would pay up a proportion of a players remaining contract to allow them to get rid early but Sky were reporting last night that we simply have simply decided not to renew his contract when it ends on 31st July.

Oh dear Newton, it''s obvious from everything else that Chicken says that he was referring to the early negotiations, but I added it in for the benefit of those who couldn''t see the obvious-which is probably only you.

Anyway, now that we''ve established that it''s you who is the fool, carry on posting your anti-club negative posts, it would be nice to think that just once you might post something positive about the club that you apparently support but I haven''t ever seen one. I know exactly what your type is.

Angry - good call

Carry on making things up - eventually you will believe your rants are fact (which is what you are doing now)