Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Go Worthy Go!.

I just had to say how impressed I''ve been with Worthy, over this Francis debacle.

Portsmouth, who stupidly think they are a Manure or Chelski, believe they can bully us into accepting a small offer for the 666 baby (I can''t even speak his name now) and his bloody agent is stirring the pot as well in my opinion.

But our Nigel in today''s EDP, isn''t having any of it, he sent Francis home yesterday, to get his head sorted out for training today!.

Yes, he will sell Francis, but only if the offer meets HIS(2 million) valuation.

Quite right Worthy, the manager has shot up 10 fold, in my estimation, and we''re lucky to have such a hard boss at the helm.

Wiz, I might just agree with your estimate of the situation at NFC, If this is a genuine climb down from your unwarrented adulated opinion of that disgraceful but talented looser,Francis, Why does it take so long for you to read the signs, or are your balls getting cloudy.

Wiz,the 1/2 smoked Woodbine....nay the Cuban cigar is on its way!!On second thoughts you have a "condition" I''ll smoke myself!!

Has Mrs. Wiz done the annual polishing of the balls?You suddenly seem to be able to see a little clearer

[quote]Wiz,the 1/2 smoked Woodbine....nay the Cuban cigar is on its way!!On second thoughts you have a "condition" I''ll smoke myself!! Has Mrs. Wiz done the annual polishing of the balls?You suddenly seem t...[/quote]

It took the 666 kid (Damien F) throwing his toys out of the pram, to make me realise certain things, No Legs.

Worthy has stood up and been counted, and I''m backing him all the way.

Francis under estimated Worthy''s resolve, let him rot in the A team if need be.

Lets not forget the best board for many many years at this football club.

Let him rot

Totally in agreement.

Judging by his comments in the EEN tonight , Worthy is not going to budge and why should he ? As he says, Francis signed a new contract last season of his own free will.Hopefully this will send a sign to other ''small'' clubs that you can stand up to bullying agents and prima donna players.

According to Francis'' agent , he ''needs'' to play in the Premiership.Well , he had the chance to do that for Norwich for the last 5 months of last season but for the majority of games , he chose not to turn up.Perhaps his ''head wasnt right'' ?

I Cant see Worthy playing him after yesterday''s events , we know how he feels about discipline.I just hope that if no offer materialises the resolve stands firm and he lets Francis rot in the stiffs and that the board back Worthy up.

Just one note of caution - we still have to hear anything from the player himself.This idiot agent is clearly hell bent on getting him a move (quote - ''its bad for morale for Norwich to keep him there'') and getting his slice of the cake.This would not be the first time a Norwich player has been tucked up by his Agent.In the case of Hucks , he went to the EEN the next day to set the record straight.If Francis is being misrepresented , he should do exactly the same thing tiomorrow because this story has gone too far now for him to remain silent any longer.

If he doesn''t , i fear he will probably become the most hated ex-Canary I can remember.And rightly so.

Right on Worthy ...you hold your ground...  I found this on a site called pompey pages part of their evening paper site..

DAMIEN FRANCIS has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Pompey.
Francis looked set to join Fratton Park after pulling out of the Canaries'' pre-season match with Colchester last night.

And a deal with Pompey seemed imminent after Francis'' agent, Tony Finnegan, revealed the two clubs were close to agreeing a fee.
However, Pompey''s chief executive Peter Storrie today poured cold water over those claims.
He insisted the Blues have yet to lodge an official bid for Francis.
And, with Pompey already attracting seven new names to the club this summer, Storrie hinted no more moves would be made in the transfer market before the start of the season.
He said: ''It has got to a stage now where we might look at a player if he was available at the right price. But we are very happy with what we have got.''
Pompey are reluctant to match Norwich''s £2m valuation for Francis.
But with boss Alain Perrin admitting he would like to add another attacking midfielder before the start of the Premiership campaign, the Blues'' interest could be reignited if the East Anglian outfit drop their asking price.

This is more than likely Agent speak... trying to increase his fee.. but does he realise what a rod for his players back he is making...  

Totally agree that Worthy is doing a top job here - Francis was made to train on his own yesterday whilst everyone else had the day off for playing on Tuesday night!

Worthy is handling this perfectly, as far as I''m concerned.  He''s not going to be bullied on the price - £2m will see the player allowed to leave, but until then he''s ours - and at the same time he''s showing Damien (the "term of endearment" Damo has now been dropped in my eyes!) that no player is bigger than the club and toy-throwing will not be tolerated.

Its just a shame that its taken an incident like this to show people what a good manager we have in Worthy.  Mind you, the summer signings so far have done his reputation no harm, either!

Stand firm on Damien, get us Marney and another player and the doubters may have to start scrutinising themselves rather than the manager...  

MOST HATED even more then that dodgy keeper who''s career has reached dizzy heights since he left NCFC?,Oh sorry he now plays for millwall reserves ha ha ha ha ha.

I agree with what has been said on this situation is there not anything that can be done about MR THICKAGAIN as it seems he is the only one who knows about this move and continues to shoot his mouth off about it!!!!!!.

I feel sorry for Portsmouth if they get HIM!!!,they must think he is something special after all the fuss that is going on about him(boy are they in for a surprise)

As i have said before just pack your bags so we can get someone who wants to play for us for all of the season not just when he wants to.

Portsmouth are probably a lot of peoples favourites to go down this season. If they hadnt had Yakubu last year they would probably have been relegated and he''s gone now and not been replaced. So what is Mr Finnegan going to be saying this time next year if Portsmouth are then in the Championship????????????

Also this comment he has made about Damien showing he is a Premiership player after last season''s performances!  Which games did he watch exactly??? It couldnt have been ANY match after December.

Dream on Mr Finnegan

[quote]Right on Worthy ...you hold your ground... I found this on a site called pompey pages part of their evening paper site.. DAMIEN FRANCIS has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Pompey. Francis looked s...[/quote]

Dead right Kenny, but as Maverick so rightly said, the 666 baby, could always do a Hucks, and tell his agent to shaft it..........if he really wanted to!.

Just read a top qoute from Worthy, letting Francis, his agent and Pompey know exactly where everyone stands:

"If the right offer comes in it can be done straight away, if not I have a wealth of midfielders that I can pick and choose between, and anybody not up to scratch will be sitting on the sidelines."

Well done Worthy!