Sign in to follow this  
Yellow and Green

Striker Search

Grant Holt anyone!!! Bet he could still do a job for us.

If not other players I would be looking at are Joel Campbell, Shane Long, Marvin Emnes, Mbokani.

Longshot Javier Hernandez (Loan) from United.

khouma babacar from fiorentina on loan wouldnt be a bad shout6''32220 goals in 41 matches on loan to modena in serie b

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"].

Longshot Javier Hernandez (Loan) from United.[/quote]would happily take james wilson

Would have liked Zivkovic from Ajax, but appears he''s gone on loan to Willem II for the season.Assuming we can afford the wages and he''s interested in coming, I''d be very happy with Vincent Aboubakar from Porto - Strong, quick, able to play as a lone striker but also good at running the lines and beating an offside trap.Probably cost us somewhere between 8-12mil I''d guess, but more importantly I could see a raft of other (bigger) clubs being interested as well...

Why would one of the most promising young strikers in Europe, currently playing his trade at a Champions League quarter-finalist side, want to move to a newly promoted Premier League team?

He''d also cost a lot more then the 8-12mil you''ve suggested. His buyout clause is rumoured to be at 50m euros, and Porto, when bringing him to the club, paid 3m for 30%. He''s shot up in price since then.

I don''t think we''ll be signing a striker if RVW is still here. We won''t have enough money to pay wages for anyone decent.

Going forwards, Carlton Morris could be the future, i know he wasn''t prolific with York and Oxford, but he looked great in the youth setup and many people sing his praises.

What if he has double figures with the Accies come christmas?! Toffolo making waves already, Murphy also knocking on the door, could be looking at a true golden generation at the club, and it''s came at great time as we look to get a foothold in the prem.

Although he''s a bit overweight atm and had a terrible game against us, I think Ross McCormack would be worth a look in at the right price. F ulham must be struggling with his wages.

I would have like Gestede, and think Villa have a got a good strong target man there, amazed to here that Blackburn still want in excess of £10m for Rhodes, no way is he worth almost double Gestede IMO ?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Would have liked Zivkovic from Ajax, but appears he''s gone on loan to Willem II for the season.Assuming we can afford the wages and he''s interested in coming, I''d be very happy with Vincent Aboubakar from Porto - Strong, quick, able to play as a lone striker but also good at running the lines and beating an offside trap.Probably cost us somewhere between 8-12mil I''d guess, but more importantly I could see a raft of other (bigger) clubs being interested as well...[/quote]

Pmsl.....you''ve seen lots of them then? hang on wait..... nope, you play FM lots though :D