Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

I was quite hopeful for RVW tonight...

Should be scoring from there all day long. Never going to get into the first team bar injuries on today''s showing so far. A shame as I''ve always wanted him to come good

All forwards miss one on ones sometime or the other , Grabban missed enough for a lifetime at the start of last season , Wolf knowing everybody is waiting for him to miss must crank the pressure up on him .

I thought his movement has been very good though. He just looks short of confidence. Pretty impressed with the whole side. Andreu, Toffolo and Odidja look good.

I''m actually, really, not waiting for him to miss. I''ve been on his side and have always had a feeling the reason why he had such a poor season was hughtons tactics. I thought he had a decent 45 minutes until that, but he is our top wage earner, and has refused to move on because he clearly believe he deserves as much as he is getting paid here. and that''s fine, but if that is the case, those types of chances HAVE to go in

Could just be that the pressure is just too much for him, given his history here.  Really wouldf like him to show at least a spark of confidence and self-belief in front of goal.  That shot said it all.

His confidence has gone, sadly i think for good. you could see him visibly wilting as he closed in on goal.

Is it possible he doesn''t WANT to score? That he''d then be faced with those moments of expectation week in, week out?

I think the lad''s got serious problems.

People often laugh at the thought of "sports psychologist" but it could seriously do RVW some good. If he wants to salvage his career he needs at least a decent season, because right now no one will pay him what we are.

if he shut his eyes and belted that it would have gone inbut no he had to try stick it through the keepers legs

strikers in his sort of form shouldnt try to be fancy, just hoof it in the onion bag

[quote user="ron obvious"]His confidence has gone, sadly i think for good. you could see him visibly wilting as he closed in on goal.

Is it possible he doesn''t WANT to score? That he''d then be faced with those moments of expectation week in, week out?

I think the lad''s got serious problems.[/quote]

Yeah he''s short on confidence. "Is it possible he doesn''t WANT to score?" Are you serious. Do you really, really think any striker doesn''t want to score. Get real!!!!

What will you say next the GK wants to let goals in so a team can lose and they can all go home early!

Yeah he''s short on confidence. "Is it possible he doesn''t WANT to score?" Are you serious. Do you really, really think any striker doesn''t want to score. Get real!!!!

What will you say next the GK wants to let goals in so a team can lose and they can all go home early!

Why yes, yes I am.

If someone gets in a position when they know deep down they''re going to fail every time they try, that they''re not really up to it, then they don''t want to be there any more.

It''s not conscious, of course. Have you never done anything that afterwards seems illogical, seems to be against your best interests? I know I have. Perhaps you haven''t.

Rikki had a decent game which totally belied some of the venomous comments directed at him by some on this forum in recent times.

Whether or not his contribution was sufficient to justify his place in the squad at the expense of some of the other mouthwatering strikers recently touted on here remains in doubt.

Probably not.

[quote user="FCC"]Whilst he wears our shirt he deserves our support.[/quote]while I agree he deserves our support - I don''t agree that it''s because he''s in the kit.no player deserves support for just being in our kit.he deserves it because he''s trying. whether or not he wants to be here is unimportant, as long as if he''s played, he''s doing what he can. and I''ll respect and support him for that.however, he has to work for full support, and whether or not this sounds harsh, he does need to do what he is being paid to do, and that is score. until he starts doing that, he''s not going to be getting full support from our fanbase

No, he won''t get full support until he starts scoring, but "not full support" doesn''t mean being boo-ed. I wasn''t there tonight but I understand he was boo-ed. If so that''s a disgrace. Do these people think about the effect of their actions, and not just on RVW?

Tough tonight - had plenty of good touches but needs a tap in to get him going - had too much time to think  with that chance tonight.  But time and excuses are running out.  He simply HAS to start taking his chances to give himself a role this season.  Only one more warm up game for him to feature in......

Thought he was quite decent tonight. Felt terribly sorry for him when he slipped over and gave away the hand ball.

For all those who are saying he''s not good enough - Hooper played alongside him tonight and didn''t even get the chances to miss...

Felt like it was a fresh start for ricky tonight, he got a really good reception and everyone was excited and hopefully when he got the ball. I personally was hoping he would do really well.

However, he really just seemed out of his depth. Did some occasional decent play holding the ball up etc and a few good runs down the channels but in front of goal he was not good. The one on one miss which was straight into the keeper then the edge of box shot that wasn''t even close to the goal summed his night up. One positive was his looping header that almost caught the keeper out.

Found it really hard to take any positive from the game for him. He is still getting chances I guess, but surely unless he is going to start putting some away he won''t be getting anywhere near our first team this year.

Hope he can bang in a hatrick on Saturday!

[quote user="Ian"]Thought he was quite decent tonight. Felt terribly sorry for him when he slipped over and gave away the hand ball.

For all those who are saying he''s not good enough - Hooper played alongside him tonight and didn''t even get the chances to miss...[/quote]

Have to say that Hooper looked a lot better than Ricky tonight. His link up play was great and he showed some nice touches and real class spreading the play. He had a couple of blocked shots, but no clear cut chances like Ricky.

His performance tonight was a Fernando Torres for Chelsea type performance. I don''t see him getting much of a look in, loaning him out is our best hope of cutting our losses.

The 1 on 1 was by no means easy. Grabban put away a similar chance on Saturday though. I''d say RVW is probably 3rd choice, just slightly ahead of Hooper, who offered very little tonight.

Jed wrote "

His performance tonight was a Fernando Torres for Chelsea type performance. I don''t see him getting much of a look in, loaning him out is our best hope of cutting our losses".

Spot on Jed, his work rate was fine, his movement off the ball was good, he got into some good positions, but when it came down to it he was easily dispossessed or bundled over, reminds of Torres ! when he lost his way at Chelsea.