Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Adams is back

"NORWICH City are delighted to confirm Neil

Adams has returned to the Club to take up the newly-created and key

role of Loans Manager with immediate effect.

Adams will work closely with the Club’s Football Management Board,

management team and the Academy to help oversee the progress and

development of all Norwich City players who move on loan to other clubs

in the UK and abroad.

City Chief Executive David McNally told canaries.co.uk: “We are

delighted to welcome Neil back to Colney as we said we would when his

time as our manager came to an end in January.

“Neil has always been a fantastic servant to this Football Club and his

knowledge of players, his coaching experience and his understanding of

the modern loan market will all be a huge asset in this newly-created

role.

“This will help the Club to ensure our players receive maximum benefit

from their time spent on loan and provide best-in-class monitoring of

their progress while playing with other clubs.

"In addition, the loan market is an increasingly significant element of

financial activity for top clubs and Neil will be responsible for

helping us to maximise our efficiency in this area of our strategy.”

Neil Adams commented: “I’m really pleased to be back at the Club.

"It''s a key new role and I’m looking forward to getting started straight away.”

Good news. [Y]

Fuck me even I feel sorry for the fellow. Should be placed back in charge of the youth team imo, whether at U18 or U21 level.

''Loans Manager'' - I know that suit he wore at the start looked cheap, but looks can be deceiving.

Thought you would be pleased Lapps. Not so me for what its worth.

He should either have been a junior coaching job or not at all. This non job is embarrassing frankly and is obviously a Delia deal

Why didn''t they offer him a job selling golden goal tickets and be done with it ? embarrassing for both parties.

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 31/07/2015 7:46 PM:

Who will be Tonto to his Loan Arranger?

The joke is fake!

Duplicity (second edition)

"NORWICH City are delighted to confirm Neil Adams has returned to the Club to take up the newly-created and key role of Loans Manager with immediate effect."

In other words they don''t trust him with any of the players other than those deemed surplus to requirements!!

which is a shame because he did a great job with the youth team and is clearly more than capable of developing the young''uns. Surely someone else can find clubs for them to go to?

However, we of course don''t know if he was offered the U21''s role and turned it down (perhaps hence the new permanent contract for the current coach?)

Loans are a massive part of the game compared to the past, so it makes sense to make the management of them a full time role. Who would be better that Neil Adams at doing this job? It was all permanent transfers and reserve football 20-30 years ago, but now the richer clubs hoard talent (mainly younger players) and loan it out. As I said on the other thread, we could use the loans system more effectively as we have a big enough budget to be able to afford to take a few risks.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I really do need some convincing that this is a good move.[/quote]

It is not a good move, it is a cheap move from a club that acts like a charity far too often - a cheap role fathomed to accommodate a "legend" onto the gravy train.

This is a forward-thinking move; the football player loan market is becoming more important and McNally is ensuring NCFC is ahead of the curve.

Other clubs may well follow suit with this strategy...

I thought that at first and saw it as some sort of sinecure, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea.

The current trend for Premier League clubs to loan out their youngsters is increasing, and we are no exceptions.

Somebody, with experience in these things, to monitor their progress and decide their future paths would seem to have a valid role to fill.

Presumably his task would be to explore the various options for youngsters still at the club too and also keep a watchful eye on the loan market availability.

This is not something the managerial team would necessarily have much time for.

For those of you who see this job as some sort of insult to Adams.............he didn''t have to accept it did he?

Give the man so time to come into hos job. I want to wish Neil Adams welcome back to the club and say good luck to the man. Adams is Norwich through and through.

This is wrong in so many ways.

A summer of screw ups just gets worse, the kit, the transfer saga''s and now Adams doing this job

It might well be a stop gap job for him until something else at the club opens up. Admit it is a strange job for a man of his previous stature in the club.

I can however see that the position is an important one, with the lack of decent reserve team football these days. Good loan opportunities for our younger players may be the only way we see them develop enough for the first team.

Although this job does sound a bit curious at first glance, I think it does make sense although presumably he''d want (and it would make sense to give him) some input in to coaching around the club (he has just done his badges after all)....

Most of all I hope he is treated with the respect he deserves from the fans.... Too many people on this board focused on what he couldn''t achieve rather than what he did... He gave it a go at the top job and didn''t hang on when he realised he couldn''t take it any further... Alex Neil himself reported that Adams had left him a squad in good condition....

[quote user="Boxy"]This is wrong in so many ways.

A summer of screw ups just gets worse, the kit, the transfer saga''s and now Adams doing this job[/quote]Waveneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......