Sign in to follow this  
Lewis Esquire

3rd Gk - Jake Kean

I expect this signing will be announced in the next 24 hours.

We''ve been heavily linked with him for a while and Blackburn, his parent club have now released him.

You can''t get much better than a FREE third goalkeeper.

Let''s hope he doesn''t bring his dad with him.

I find it a bit strange Bunn left being backup with us just to be back-up at Villa, can''t see him displacing Guzan. I suppose the chance of a signing on fee is nothing to be sniffed at.

Kean would be a good 2nd/3rd keeper

I assumed the reason we are after a 3rd keeper is so Rudd can get another full season on loan, somewhere in the championship? Preston hopefully. Better than him spending another year bench warming when he needs to continue developing, with a recall clause that would make sense to me.

"I assumed the reason we are after a 3rd keeper is so Rudd can get another full season on loan, somewhere in the championship? Preston hopefully. Better than him spending another year bench warming when he needs to continue developing, with a recall clause that would make sense to me."

Yes.That makes a lot of sense.

Another plus note is that JR has seemed to be back to his best in pre-season. He had a few dodgy moments at times in the Chumps.

Rudd''s break through with us is getting overdue as well. Lambert used him as number two all those seasons ago and he did quite well in the one (?) Premier League outing he had. Rikki DeLaet didn''t think so though.

It was still the correct thing to do to use the admirable Mark Bunn during Ruddy''s long injury lay-off though, IMO. Now it would appear to be less necessary.

I only see kean coming in as the spare third keeper while rudd keeps the bench warm and plays in cup games.     I just dont see rudd going out. 

I''m curious what a third string keeper makes does anybody know. Besides practice you''re never going to see much playing time

I was hoping Rudd could go off on short term loan with a recall clause now. He needs games.

Is his dad Steve btw or u just saying it because of the coincidences.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I''m curious what a third string keeper makes does anybody know. Besides practice you''re never going to see much playing time[/quote]It seems to be working well for Richard Wright.As for Kean, my gut instinct was thinking that we should keep him as number two and send Rudd out on loan for the season to get more experience. But Kean is actually younger than I thought, and is the same age as Rudd, so I''m not sure what that would achieve.Whoever is number three is September/October will probably go on a month''s loan to a Championship club having a injury crisis though.

I don''t think they''re related, at least there''s nothing to suggest they are.

Interesting comments he''s been brought in to "challenge Rudd" - should they be challenging Ruddy or has he got something written into his contract!