Sign in to follow this  
SI

Francis is striking

Just heard that a bid of 1.1M was made by Porsmouth and it has been rejected. Francis has not been withdrawn from tonight match but has decided to go on strike. 

Marney deal appears to be done and he should join City next week on a year loan.

I''m not sure how good your source is but that sounds like rubbish to me (no offence)

1) Pompey have denied making a bid (and we haven''t confirmed they have)

2) Why would they bid £1.1M when they''ve already had bids of £1.4M and (apparently) £1.75M rejected?

No offence taken. But then again you said it yourself. "Apparently".

I was more trying to create a debate on player power in the modern game.

That does sound like a load of rubbish - £1.1m is certainly less than their reported bids back in June, and I believe the player is contracted to us until 2008, so he has no leg to stand on; I can''t see that he would gain anything by doing such a stupid thing as Striking - it would surely mean that no one would touch him as a player and could potentially end his career.

What is annoying is that Pompey are deliberately turning his head and then denying doing it - it is not as if they are even a big club, but they are behaving like one.  If Francis does go, good luck to him (and good luck to them, not sure they realise they''d be getting a lazy player) - but he stands a pretty decent chance of passing us on his way down come next May while we are going up.  

[quote]SI is spot on original bid was 1.1 million Francis wants to go so has gone on strike in protest.[/quote]

Let him rot, if need be.  We cannot, cannot, cannot give in, as this will be a very bad precedent.

Francis has probably got 5 good years left.  If he wants to waste the next 2 rotting away, followed by being forgotten, he will be the one to suffer.

Our club is more important than one player.

[quote]Let him rot, if need be. We cannot, cannot, cannot give in, as this will be a very bad precedent. Francis has probably got 5 good years left. If he wants to waste the next 2 rotting away, followed ...[/quote]

If this is true, let him rot on strike, what a bloody loser!.

[quote]If this is true, let him rot on strike, what a bloody loser!.[/quote]

haha, he reckons he is a premiership quililty stiker!

is this a premiership attitude?

No, its not even a sunday pubside attitude!

So childish, all so childish, he should be fined the maximus (4 weeks wages) imediatly!

I Would like to know what your source is Re: Damo being on strike and also this 1.1M offer for him.

As I said in an earlier post he has obviously got too big an ego for us, however I do agree we should leave him to rot in the reserves (presuming he is striking of course!), although it would be tempting to sell him so he can rot in Pompeys reserves at their cost and not ours.

What is even more infuriating is that he seems to be doing all of his talking through his agent who in turn only talks through the media. Why he can''t he come out in the manner that Green has and say what his intentions are and be honest, Green has also said that he''s happy to stay if no-one comes for him, why can''t Francis???

if this is true and he is striking, then he should be forced to play for the reserves all season and fined everytime he doesnt turn up. Very dissapointing, especially after we saved him from a career with the mk dons and made him a better player.

Nigel annoys the heck out of me in lot of ways, but he will deal with this situation impeccably, of that I''m sure.

Francis has picked the wrong manager and the wrong club to pull this kind of stunt.

Thank you for the input SI ( supported by irishcanary ).

P.S. DD, it would have been courteous of you, given that SI is not a frequent poster and when he does post he usually has something good to say, to ASK him where is information came from rather than calling it rubbish and offering an insincere  "no offense" alongside. Did you notice how courteously he responded to your "apparent" input. 

I just read about him striking in The Sun, so it must be true!! Anyone who''s going to the Inter match on Friday fancy a chorus of "Damien Francis you''r a w***er"??!!  

Its all over the national press this morning. Ive seen a link on wrath, but, like Francis, I cant be a**ed to post it. Hes a disgrace to the club, and should be made to train with football in the community. Academy would be too good for him.

[quote]Let him rot, if need be. We cannot, cannot, cannot give in, as this will be a very bad precedent. Francis has probably got 5 good years left. If he wants to waste the next 2 rotting away, followed ...[/quote]

Agree with every word of that.  I have never ever felt this angry towards any City player ever!

If this is true, then he can go sit on his thumbs until his contract runs out, and he will feel the full wrath of this Monkey in Evil swing!! And we all know Worthy too, no matter how good he is, he will be left to rot - no one crosses Worthy, just ask Bentley/Charlie/etc!

If its not true, then lets not let this taint our view of him, and I''ll continue to support him as a player...

Unfortunately, I''m thinking it may be likely.....

Still won''t boo him though - I''ll just turn my back on him and be silent.....

Strike!! STRIKE!!!!! Francis has been doing this for the last four months, since he busted his cheek, me thinks there was more to the busted cheek incident than has come out!!

Now Portsmouth are paying Francis'' agent to try and knock Damo''s price down so they get him on the cheap.

I reckon we should keep him and fine him for every match he doesn''t pay (starting on Friday). Let the waster rot in the reserves.

DD you don''t know what you are talking about so i would quit making stupid comments like that now. I think you should try and get your facts straight first. Just becuase you have made so many posts doesn''t mean that you will always be right.

From "Saint Francis of the City" to "Saint Francis is a Sissy!" ;~)

(Saint Francis of Assisi) Geddit?.........Ho Hum!

[quote]DD you don''t know what you are talking about so i would quit making stupid comments like that now. I think you should try and get your facts straight first. Just becuase you have made so many posts do...[/quote]

DD I would like to apologise for this post but it was not made by me but by someone using my logging. I am investigating the matter.

Once again my sinceres apologies....

SI