Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Ricky

No Ricky again yesterday then?When he first arrived and we were excited about the prospect of this ''top'' striker from the continent firing them in for us I remember him saying "Not everybody loves me!"How right he was. Only the hopeless scout that would have been more suited to stacking shelves in Aldi!

Yesterday''s squad was most likely as close to the 18 man squad you''ll get for palace. RvW has had plenty of chances to get into the squad in pre season and arguably hasnt done enough, had he scored against wet spam it could be very different. He''ll get more chances under AN though I''m sure

We must need at least one of Hooper and RvW off the books, even on loan, if we are to make any more meaningful signings. Their wages are high and their value to the team is minimal.

Most of the guys who played the West Ham game didn''t start the Brentford game, that''s fairly normal for friendlies. I''d not necessarily read too much into it, but if we are to get a new striker someone will surely be leaving.

i think we are more likely to see Hooper go before Ricky, only because he will generate some interest, but both will represent a loss against initial outlay, but will free up wages as 2 of our highest paid players.

I reckon Lafferty could well be off, too - maybe on loan to the Champs. He''s barely been missed since going on loan in Jan and I can''t see how he fits in.

I wouldn''t want to see Hooper go LC, but if he does I feel that we will likely cover our losses with ease. A small profit perhaps.

Whilst never setting the World on fire at Carrow Road he has, at least, shown enough tomake sure of this, especially considering the inflation of all fees. He has goals in the PL, after all.

Strikers are at a premium.

I feel that we should also recoup on Lafferty as well, but the RVW situation is becoming a case of throwing good money after bad.

I wouldn''t want to see him go either Broadstairs, and i see him as our 3rd striker, but can see him going to a Leeds or Bolton for £2 - £3 mill, which would represent quite a loss. Would rather us lose RVW, and bring in another option before letting Hooper go.