Sign in to follow this  
Luton canary

New players who would you get and why?

(Strikers)I would get a decent central defender and a striker but only if we can get better than what we have?

We have two one in four chance strikers in Ricky and Lewis Cameron Jerome will score 15 this season if he get the chances. laf won''t get a chance but think he would do ok as a lone striker. Hooper we know he can score just need to get fit. So we have to get a strike has to be better than them !! Good luck.

(Defender) this is more important for me!!

I think we have ok Central defenders in bass bass and Martin but they are just ok. Turner and Bennett are not good enough and of championship Standard. So we definitely need to try to get Central defender who would you get?

For a striker I''d go for McCormack. And before everyone sighs and goes "he''s too fat" just remember how many goals he''s scored.

When he played upfront for Leeds- a shit team- he got 28 goals for the season. Incredible, especially when you compare it to our top scorer - Jerome who got 18 goals in the season.

Even more amazing is this season just gone. He went to a club which had just sold all of their players and could''ve done a double relegation. He only played 4/5 games upfront for them, he was sometimes used behind the striker but in the majority of the games he was on the left wing. When you think thats only 1 less than our top scorer and 2 more than POTS Bradley Johnson and the fact that he''s in a $hit team, it''s quite incredible really. Wasn''t a fan of him in the past but I do think he''s proven that he deserves the chance to get into the PL.

If not him, then Mbokani, he looks very decent

Defence, yes is the most impotent thing currently. We don''t just need any defender, we need a ball playing CB (like Martin but who''s also good at defending) or a RB. There have been many rumours it''s impossible to whittle it down. Ideal scenario - Van Dijk, but it ain''t likely to happen; will probably go to Everton.

virgil van dijk will hughesjordan rhodeswhy? because we need a center back, a box to box midfielder capable of replacing hoolahan but also capable of doing the dirty work, and someone to score goals and push jerome/hooper/grabbanmost importantly theyve all got experience of British football and age on their side!by my reckoning it will clock in at somewhere near 30 million, worth every penny given the money staying in the league is worth next season

CB is a must, Martin not good enough for this level struggled in the championship at times, and after yesterday proves it even more, Bassong always has a mistake in him, they struggled with Andre Grey.Bennett with someone of a good standard might improve, Turner should be offloaded. Would like Van Dijk, but what about Johhny Evans has the experience unlikely to get in at Utd?

Left back to allow Brady to get further up the park, not a bad start yesterday, Marcus Alonso mentioned would be ok and a good addition to the squad.

Striker, Jerome may be ok not proven, Grabban can''t finish, Hooper not proven, RWV who knows, we''ve missed out on Lambert and Gestede - Mbokani.

Whatever we need to splash the cash and bring players of a better quality, at worst we''ve spent 15 million so far including wages, get the cheque book out and don''t wait until the next window like we''ve done before, it will cost us we have a chance at the start to put some points on the board.

Fingers crossed Mulumbu is OK we made need a midfielder as well!

Zlatan Ibrahimović - I''m convinced that Alex Neil could make him a better player.Ya Ya Toure - His form has been poor recently, Alex Neil is the manager to revive his career.John Terry - Obviously needs a amanger who will be able to extend his career, that man is Alex Neil.

I think the Wolves striker is worth a punt, though may not massively improve us.

Would look at the Burnley CBs as they defended reasonably well last season all things considered.

To be honest I am scraping the barrel as all our optimistic signings seem to be going elsewhere.

The problem is that we are going to find it difficult to sign anyone from the PL that is getting regular football, why would they move?The problem with signing out of favour players from the top half of the PL is that they are probably on too much moneyThe problem with signing out of favour players from the bottom half of the PL is that they been deemed not good enough by their present team.The problem with signing good Championship or overseas players is that they have no PL experience.Players with options to sign for previously higher finishing clubs are very likely to take that option.If you look at the players we have signed we have Dorrans and Mulumbu who WBA believe they have upgraded on. Wisdom is a young player deemed not good enough to start for a top 6 club so loaned out and Brady is a player from a relegated side looking to maintain his wages and place in a PL side.Our options are limited, we will struggle to buy in top quality proven PL players so are stuck with talented but unproven, rejects, players from failed teams, proven at lower levels but not top level or the lottery of players from overseas.Its not that I think that we havent tried, its that I think we have been knocked back on several players.Oh, and if Dwight Gayle becomes available I think his pace and poaching skills are just what we need to play a pressing and quick attacking game he can score goals from nothing and make his own chances.Centre backs? No idea