Sign in to follow this  
Monty13

Anyone else feeling pretty positive?

I like to think I''m pretty positive and I''m confident that with Alex Neil in charge we''ll give it our best shot however...I just have a nagging doubt that we wont score enough goals.

We will not set the league alight but we have a very solid team that can and will compete against every side.Kept the nucleus of the side that was only beaten once last season by more than one goal.Good squad with multiple options for change, we are not a one dimensional side anymore.A manager that can and will set the side up properly with a plan for every opposing team.A manager that has shown the tactical nous to change personnel and tactics when things are not going right to make them right.Team ethic to chase and harry for 90 minutes, everyone puts a shift in with no passengers.We will be "in" every game this season and although we will probably lose as many as we win we will finish outside the bottom six.Yeah I`m positive.

The pundits of the Mail on Sunday do not share this optimism. They have us down as relegation fodder that have not spent anywhere near enough to stay up. They can''t see where the goals are coming from. Consequently they have us starting with a defeat to Palace which would continue our impressive run of not winning the opening game of the season.

plenty of reasons for optimism, and I feel confident that we can avoid relegation this season.

That said there are clear areas where we need to improve; the class shown by mulumbu and brady demonstrate that we can improve in every position in the team.

Add both a starting CB & striker and we can do more than simply avoid relegation.

ZLF

"That said there are clear areas where we need to improve; the class shown by mulumbu and brady demonstrate that we can improve in every position in the team."

Agreed, and up front and at CB we need to.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]The pundits of the Mail on Sunday do not share this optimism. They have us down as relegation fodder that have not spent anywhere near enough to stay up. They can''t see where the goals are coming from. Consequently they have us starting with a defeat to Palace which would continue our impressive run of not winning the opening game of the season.[/quote]Oh well, if the Mail says so, then we must be doomed. After all, the country has been overwhelmed by immigrants, political correctness means that none of us can say anything ever in case it offends black, single mother lesbians and we all have got cancer from eating food just like they told us would happen.

I think we''ll be set up to be competitive, combative and difficult to beat. I don''t see us getting shoed like in our last season up.

So I am optimistic but like others would welcome a new face at the front and the back.

Fairly positive but still feel like many others that we need a first choice cb and a decent striker. If we get both my positivity levels would go through the roof.

The trouble with this league is 6 points can be the difference between 10th or 18th place so a positive attitude and a bit of lady luck will play its part. The pundits and bookies have us as probable to go down which i feel is very harsh. I think we will be in that slot 15th to 19th but will be very disappointed if we go down. Should we make the much discussed important signing of a striker and CB then i would probably be feeling more comfortable