Sign in to follow this  
Monty13

Anyone else feeling pretty positive?

Well? Got to say I''m pretty happy and feeling pretty good about the season.

A few good players in, squad looks strong overall compared to last time (but particularly in midfield), players like Vadis and Andreu basically new signings and looking good options, Jerome looking like he can continue his form in the PL and most importantly to me we seem to be playing good football.

In an ideal world I''d like to see us spend big money on a better Striker than Jerome and a better CB than Bassong.

But if we can''t do that, or the player isn''t available/doesn''t want to come, then there is no point just spending money for the sake of it. I''d love to see a Van Dijk or Austin arrive, but the the cost of someone like Gestede for an unproven PL player doesn''t seem worth it to me when we have players who have already proved themselves in the Championship.

I''m still hopeful we will pull off a 1 or 2 bits of brilliant business before the window closes, but overall pretty happy and looking forward to the new season, just hope Mulumbu isn''t injured badly after today.

Can''t disagree with any of that Monty. A couple of quality signings aside, I feel we have a strong squad and with Alex in charge we should do better than a lot of people think. The passing is good, but as Ricardo pointed out, we need to stop over playing in the final third. Redmond and Hoolahan look up for it which will be extremely important to break down Prem defences.7.5/10 on the positivity scale[Y]

If there are any Norwich fans not feeling positive, then spare a few minutes to watch AN''s Friday press conference.

We are very blessed in the managerial department.

This Norwich squad is in extremely capable hands.

Yes, I am positive but also realistic. I expect to see one or two more in and can see us being a difficult side to play against. The pace at the back at this level is a concern, but it will also be fir many other clubs without the mega millions. So, yes positive from me too

Need upgrade on Martin and a new striker, and must shift Lafferty, and one from RvW or Hooper. Turner can go if we get another capable CB in.

Overall, confident we will stay up, even with poor Martin playing CB in most games. Reasons being AN and his more positive approach.

In my 30yrs of following Norwich, this club has never known how to play catious calculative football, and never will. Therefore, our best shot is to attack without fear, and the little feisty Scot is the right man to advocate such tactics.

Even with our fragile defence, we should amass around 44-48 points, and stay up comfortably.

Expecting the following record in May:

Home: 8-7-4

Away: 3-6-10

This would give us 46 points, midtable safety.

[quote user="Boxy"]I love a head in the sand happy clappy thread absolutely love em[/quote]
Get back in your box binner.

You''ve got to be optimistic now before season starts. There will be plenty of time in the months ahead that will test the club, that is for sure in this league, but NA is a winner and will develop this squad bit by bit.and, importantly, is respected by the players who all seem to

Think he can improve them as players, from what i can gather. Thats a massive plus in my opinion. So different to Hughton. Really looking forward to the season.Why can,t we do a Southampton, and surprise a few people this season?

Not confident, surprise suprise!

I just don''t think we''ve brought any serious quality in.

Most of our rivals have all spent big and bought some marqee signings. Not that this is a guarantee for success, but there have been some spectacular signings from teams we''d hope to be competing with.

Bar mulumbu, we''ve not improved the first 11, only added depth to the squad.

We are banking on the likes of Martin, Whittaker, BJ, & Howson. Have these players really developed into premiership class after a season in the championship?

I appreciate we need to keep the nucleus together to carry some momentum. however, if I''m honest, I expected three or four signings of real quality. we''ve resorted to paying well over the odds for a fairly average player in Brady, probably due to the fact we''ve been unable to attract anyone else.

Having seen the way we defended today it''s hard to feel positive.

Jerome looked class when he came on, if we don''t sign another quality striker a lot of our fortune will depend on keeping him fit throughout he seaon.

We are on paper in the 5 worst squads in the Premiership and dependant on how we start the season will go a long way to how positive I will be feeling.

Our first 10 games are pretty much as good as we could have asked for so hopefully we can pick up between 12-15 points.

Do I think as some on here we will reach 46 points or more, not with the weak areas not really addressed. Our CB are at best solid with mistakes in them, but behind Martin and Bassong we are really poor, Bennett and Turner are not good quality at this level.

Also bar Jerome and Hooper I''ve not been impressed by RVW or Grabban, had hoped that they might have shown more but need five or more chances bro score a goal. We won''t get that many per game.

I''m ver excited by the Wisdom / Redmond and Olsson / Brady combinations down the flanks, that might just be the areas to provide the chances we will need.

Looking forward to another go at the big league but not confident, not at all. Just going to enjoy each game and hope that we start the season as we did the first season under Hughton.

Feeling extremely positive, we have probably the most exciting young manager in the country, Players like Wisdom and Brady add a lot to the overall mix, our midfield will be immense this season, and Nathan Redmond is (imo) bordering on being one of the stars in the PL this season, and in Toffolo we have a bright young prospect who will feature during the season.

Going to be a roller coaster for sure, but what is there not to feel positive about? i

Without another striker as cover for Jerome and a new starter at CB, our squad lacks the quality to reach 18th. Get these two players in and we might just make 17th.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Not confident, surprise suprise!

I just don''t think we''ve brought any serious quality in.

Most of our rivals have all spent big and bought some marqee signings. Not that this is a guarantee for success, but there have been some spectacular signings from teams we''d hope to be competing with.

Bar mulumbu, we''ve not improved the first 11, only added depth to the squad.

We are banking on the likes of Martin, Whittaker, BJ, & Howson. Have these players really developed into premiership class after a season in the championship?

I appreciate we need to keep the nucleus together to carry some momentum. however, if I''m honest, I expected three or four signings of real quality. we''ve resorted to paying well over the odds for a fairly average player in Brady, probably due to the fact we''ve been unable to attract anyone else.[/quote]

You don''t change, do you?

Lessingham Canary pretty much echoes my feelings.

If you can''t get excited and positive about a new season then maybe you should find something else to do on a Saturday...

You can feel excited without being positive Morty, what''s wrong with that?

Do you really right now believe we will gain 46 points this year? Really?

I''ve said from the start anything above 17th will be a great result for us.

We do have some quality p, but we are also weak at the back in terms of depth and don''t have a proven goal threat at this level.

What''s wrong with stating the obvious? But still looking forward to pitching ourselves against the big boys and getting behind the team regardless of what we debate on here.

Some are neither excited nor positive and just drag their miserable defeatism around with them from season to season Indy. All City fans know it is going to be a tough season but the way some are moaning already sounds like they have given up and would be best if they just go and hibernate, in polite terms, for the next few months.We have potentially one of our best ever managers who can make silk purses but some are talking like we have Hughton in charge. Get over yourselves and stop whinging FFS.

I would also add, that Cameron Jerome appears to be more settled and enjoying his football more than he has ever done in his career to date, so to the people saying he is still unproven at PL level, watch this space, all positive stuff.

Herman wrote the following post at 02/08/2015 8:43 AM:

Some are neither excited nor positive and just drag their miserable defeatism around with them from season to season Indy. All City fans know it is going to be a tough season but the way some are moaning already sounds like they have given up and would be best if they just go and hibernate, in polite terms, for the next few months.

We have potentially one of our best ever managers who can make silk purses but some are talking like we have Hughton in charge. Get over yourselves and stop whinging FFS.

I''m excited but not positive, sorry if that doesn''t fit.

But at least I do make the effort to go to games and support the team 100%.

That''s the best way to show your support Herman, ithe players and the club appreciate it to.

Do you know my financial situation Winky? Are you my bank manager? Do you see my account regularly and think " oh, he''s got more money than he is letting on, he should be going to games more."

While I''m in a ranty mood I wasn''t aiming my post at people like you who have genuine concerns, but at posters like Highland who can''t bring themselves to say anything positive about the club, at any time, ever. Tw@!

Don''t get too indignant Herman, you''re happy enough to have a go at other people.

You told me in another thread that your money goes on music and gigs, good for you, that''s your choice, but it is a choice so be honest about it.

I choose to spend my spare cash supporting our club and I don''t need you or anyone like you telling me what I should think.

I didn''t say my money goes on music and gigs. You said I did. Assumptions dear boy.