Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

AN Still Looking For 2 more

So we''ve just bought the third choice GK but in his post match interview AN has just said he wants 2 more. One of these is a striker, but what about the other?

RB or CB most likely perhaps?

Just a thought - A. Wisdom isn''t built like a normal RB and fans from Liverpool and West Brom think he''s more of a CB, perhaps a RB?.

Wisdom is a CB by rights but can play at RB too.

I''d imagine the 2 will be one CB and one striker similar to Jerome

Players that can players that can.

We don''t need players that can. We need players that do.

Brady is a LM. Toffolo needs another season on loan but is looking very good. Whittaker is a rb.

Wisdome I thought was a CB. Typically young defenders are "bled" at full back. Like Mings who I see more as a CB.

It could be someone who can play LB and CB.

i thought it was telling that wisdom went rb when he came on rather than cb.

and ryan b took the cb role when he came on later still

[quote user="mrs miggins"]"It could be someone who can play LB and CB."

Hasn''t that just contradicted what you''ve just said?[/quote]

Yes. Yes it has.

We need a LB. There.I would be happier with a CB though. We''ll see.

And a striker ofcourse.

has to be a striker surely?!........even today proved that beyond Jerome ,we arent clinical.

I would trust Grabban with the one/or chances that may come his way in most premiership games........also onimous today that neither Hooper nor RVW werent in the sqaud in this final dress rehersal. The Lafferty injury provides a conveinient smokescreen as I dont belive he''s in Alex Neil''s plans.

Beyond Jerome , I think we will struggle for goals.....someone of similar physique to him is a must.

as for the second "in".......I still think we''d need a "No.10", I dont see Hoolahan playing every game this season,.....and one who can chip in with a few goals too.

I agree re Lafferty, GJL, I can''t really see him being kept or quite where he fits in - but might be wrong; his injury does seem rather ''convenient''. Sheff Wed were sniffing around, their fans thought it might be for Hooper but it seemed more likely to me to be him.

I think we are actually nearly there - our m-f is as strong as I can ever remember us having - but along with others, would be happy to see some strengthening at cb, and maybe a striker - though the latter would need to see someone else move on

What about Shackleton?

Regarding Lafferty, I would really like him to play upfront at least once for Norwich just so we can see him in his natural position for once - he may well surprise everyone.

Also Lafferty & Wolfswinkel upfront could be interesting. Then again, Wolfswinkel & Grabhan/Jerome could be.

One has to be a centre back, surely - Bennett R and Bassong are probably good enough, but there is no effective cover. Wisdom played at CB in his youth days, but now regards himself as a full back or wing back. He is an improvement on Whittaker, Bennett and Martin.

The other must surely be a striker. Apart from Jerome, can we be sure that anyone else will score 10+ goals? Grabban flatters to deceive - a strong shot but seldom on target, Lafferty is not a real striker, can Hooper cope with quick defenders and Wolfie is not taking chances at the moment.

What worries me most is that we have spent big on Brady, who certainly can cross and is good at dead ball situations, but who is there to head the ball home, apart from Jerome, and even he is a little inconsistent?

I fear that we may rely on the midfield again, but can Johno score as many at the higher level?

[quote user="Salopian"]Wisdom played at CB in his youth days, but now regards himself as a full back or wing back.[/quote]I think you''ll find that Wisdom would ideally prefer to be playing in a CB position, but like most professionals he''s happy to play slightly OOP if it means he gets a game and can contribute to a result.He spent his entire youth career at CB, played all his England games at CB, and only in the past couple of seasons has he played at RB.He''s got exactly the right attributes for a modern CB, he can pass a ball, he''s quick, he''s strong and he''s already proven he''s comfortable in different positions which is ideal if he''s needing to cover as well.Chances are that he''ll probably get more games at RB than CB for us, but if the likes of Martin or Bassong get injured or suffer a loss of form, I could easily see Wisdom getting the nod over R.Bennett (particularly if it''s Martin that''s missing) in the middle.

I''m in a minority here but I still like Turner...I''d far rather call upon him ahead of Bennett as first reserve for Bassong and Martin......and given the frequency by which Martin drops a clanger, I''m not even sure I wouldnt have Turner ahead of him alongside Bassong?

"...and given the frequency by which Martin drops a clanger, I''m not even sure I wouldnt have Turner ahead of him alongside Bassong"

Tugboat Turner ahead of Martin? Wow. I think I''ve found the only person who rates Russ lower than me!!

Turner has his failings ,of course he does, mostly to do with his lack of pace as you rightly point out.

But I would guarantee this, as someone who''s played centre back all his career Turner wouldnt make the same amount of basic errors and down right clangers as someone who''s only been playing that role a couple of years would and still doesnt look a natural there in Martin.

Can the manager coaches not see Martin will get done against a majority of PL teams we can''t go into the season with him at CB or RB as first choice Wisdom is my choice for RB better defender than Whittaker.. CB has to be a priority to partner Seb who looked lean and quick yesterday