Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Neil Adams "Loans manager"?!?....WTF

Surely just like Gunn this so called ''job'' is rewarding failure. [:@]

[quote user="Wiz"]Surely just like Gunn this so called ''job'' is rewarding failure. [:@][/quote]

?  You''ll have to explain that one. I thought Gunn left the club immediately on getting the sack as manager.  I also thought that Adams played an important role in getting a positive start to the last campaign, so playing a very important part in the success of the season. While struggling in the end, his overall contribution was important, so "failure" is the wrong word. 

People forget what a good job he did with the youth set up, getting him involved but not directly in contact with the first team can only be a first team... Remember he jumped to make way for Neil!

If the club wants him back in some capacity and he''s happy to come back in that capacity, I really don''t see the problem.

I was almost certain that he''d be U21 or U18 Manager or at least coach. This job seems so hilariously BS that they clearly made it up just to fulfil the promise that he would return to the club after his break.

I bet he still gets paid a fair whack too... Hopefully he''ll still do some coaching, I think he is better than calling Morris once a week to ask how the Scottish weather is.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]I was almost certain that he''d be U21 or U18 Manager or at least coach. This job seems so hilariously BS that they clearly made it up just to fulfil the promise that he would return to the club after his break.

I bet he still gets paid a fair whack too... Hopefully he''ll still do some coaching, I think he is better than calling Morris once a week to ask how the Scottish weather is.[/quote] I''ll save him the hassle, it''s shit!

meh the club has millions and millions now, why not give the guy a fake job role, the thousands he will be paid wont even dent the finances... i always sign grant holt as director of football on football manager but give him no responsibility... oh wait, this is real life :O

Of course it really is impossible to know whether this is a "made up role" or one that is required, but I am sure, like me, most on here smiled a bit when you read the announcement. Of course, it is great that the club did what they said and gave him a position, and of course for NA its a salary coming in whilst also working at his favourite club, so now he can take his time looking elsewhere if he so desires, he is undoubtedly a good man.

That said, when I really think about it, I personally do actually suspect that it is a required role within the scope of the club.

I was just trying to think of a few other roles he could have been given.....of course, very important roles......I came up with two he may have found of interest...

Coach Inspection Manager: "with the players travelling so many miles to away games, it is crucial that the coach they travel in meets all of the requirements in terms of comfort, temperature and other key areas. We have been searching Europe to find the quality of person required with the right experience who can check the coach market to ensure that the Norwich City footballers transport to away games meets our very high premier league standards. Neil meets all the criteria, particularly as since his departure he has been touring the Norfolk Broads in a 54 seater Easton''s Volvo coach, in which incidentally he was particularly impressed with the leg room, and this training has enabled him to be awarded the Level 1 coach-ing badge.

Footwear Analyst Manager: "with the choice of football boots being so key to optimum performance in the modern game, it is crucial that every player wears the correct footwear, not only in terms of whether its a moulded sole or not, but also in terms of comfort, brand, standard or ankle boot and most important the colour. Now we have three amazing new kit designs, it is of great importance that the colours of our players boots do not colour clash with our new kit, and in particular with the Aviva logo. We scoured Europe to find the person with the right level of experience for this key role, and Neil met all of the requirements. During his career Neil has worn a multitude of different kits and boots,and whilst having a penchant for a black Puma boot himself, Neil has also seen almost every colour boot in action since he took a break from the club and is now very keen to start work again with us, so that the team are fully colour coodinated for the first match against Crystal Palace, he has a lot of work to do and we wish him well"

U have to think having been the main man he is now this Lowly role how much self respect the man actually has.

Personally I see Adams moving back in to coaching side of things in a couple of years.

As things stand most his staff are still at the club, most of his players are still at the club, and the man that took his job is still at the club. I''m pretty sure the U21''s role was his if he had wanted it, but it''s probably best he takes a backseat until his brief reign is all but forgotten.

The club rates him and wants him to be apart of our future, Adams wants to be back working for the club he loves. I can''t see the problem really?

clearly keeping him close so that when Sir AN moves on we have the best young manager in europe to replace him...

great succession planning

Jobs for the boys it surely is!!!

as for Adams not being involved with the under 21''s, perhaps AN doesn''t want him involved in the coaching and is happy with the team in place.

were the club intending to bring him back for a coaching role which never materialised?

Loans manager actually seems like a very good idea - last season 12 players went out on from Norwich. In the most part the loans were pretty unsuccessful.

Josh Murphy managed a handful of games at Wigan, Loza and Morris never got a foot hold in the clubs they went to, Jacob Murphy did well at a couple of clubs but maybe regular football in the Championship would have been possible.

Having someone to not just keep track on the players, but also find them suitable teams to go to and give them coaching advice that smaller teams might not have the expertise in certainly isn''t a bad idea. I definitely don''t want Alex Neil to have to think about what all the young players are up whilst they are away - anything that takes minor jobs out of his hands is welcome.

The current young players will certainly all know Adams well and as it is their loans which are the most important for the club it''s great to have Adams helping them.