Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Neil Adams "Loans manager"?!?....WTF

I''ve rarely heard of anything more ridiculous within a football club than this?

I s this "newly created role" really a full time job?!?......phoning up Hamilton Academical every Monday morning to ask how Carlton Morris got on?!

There''s jobs for the boys and then there''s this!.......either give him a proper coaching role with youngstersor don''t bother at all.

I wonder who pushed this through? Totally unbelievable.

We have a brilliant CEO and Chairman and they have to announce something like this. What a joke!!

I guess there will be few who will think this is a marvellous thing. They will be on this thread pretty soon

Give it a break. Adam''s doesn''t deserve to be locked out because he was ambitious and thought he could step up to first team management. Although a bit of a ''how does he fill his day?'' job, I''m sure he will have a few to monitor when the 25 are named next week, and also be involved with negotiations to bring loanees our way. One already, and Yedlin was previously on the radar.

We should welcome him back, the man bleeds yellow and green.

I hear he''s been seen with Tom Cavendish spying out a bit of land for the new stadium at the BLT.[;)]

Oops! I mean the BGT.

Dr. Ink wrote the following post at 31/07/2015 7:43 PM:

Give it a break. Adam''s doesn''t deserve to be locked out because he was ambitious and thought he could step up to first team management. Although a bit of a ''how does he fill his day?'' job, I''m sure he will have a few to monitor when the 25 are named next week, and also be involved with negotiations to bring loanees our way. One already, and Yedlin was previously on the radar.

We should welcome him back, the man bleeds yellow and green.

Bring him back and give him a proper job FFS

I like this role. We have lots of promising youth players and U21s not getting any competitive football and if Adams can place them with League clubs where they get first team experience and we see what they are made of then why would anyone complain about this?

Adams''s salary is well worth the investment in giving our more promising played some first team football. If ad a result we develop some first team players or even sell on a few at a decent price, he has earned his money.

Good investment and a good development strategy for the club. Some of you feckers are so miserable you could win the lottery and moan about the tax impact.

He will clearly be working closely with the U21s and development squad to see who is ready for placing in a "real" competitive environment. The role could not work otherwise.

I think it''s a good move by the club and a good appointment. Surprised I seem to be in the minority on this.

Im really pleased that Neil is back in our club were he belongs and agree with BBB thoughts about the role.

As someone said he bleeds green and yellow, loves the club and will give his best( as he''s always done) in this new role

cityangel wrote the following post at 31/07/2015 8:11 PM:

Im really pleased that Neil is back in our club were he belongs and agree with BBB thoughts about the role.

As someone said he bleeds green and yellow, loves the club and will give his best( as he''s always done) in this new role

It''s Bollox.

Of course he bleeds yellow and green, give him a job that befits his skills.

He was a top coach in the youth set up, why not put him back there doing what he does best instead of creating a non job.

I can see the logic of someone regularly monitoring how loan players are developing - and he seems to be ideal for doing it.

It actually sounds like a reasonable idea for a role - obviously on the assumption we will have a number of players out on loan in the future (which is part of the job); did Hughton not get criticised for doing too much himself? I''d certainly prefer AN to spend as much time with the first team as possible. [Looking at management teams across the PL there''s any number of slightly strange roles, I''m sure they are all valid.]

Having this fool back at the club is a disgrace. Must be awkward when he bumps into Neil in the corridor

Epic fail!

Its most likely a way of easing him back into the fold without standing on the toes of the new regime who have done an outstanding job to date.

I am sure once bridges are built and the new gaffer is confident Mr Adams is a ''clubman'' and not out to cause rifts or drive wedges he will inevitably be given something with a little more meaning and purpose....

As for Mr Adams himself being a real canary I am sure he would have happily mowed the pitch or swept the stands after the ungrateful bast''ds that occupy them on a Saturday afternoon had left.....aslong as it meant an involvement with his beloved club !!

A lesson we could all learn a little from !

Strange one, reminds me of Joe kinnears role at Newcastle. Maybe I''ll see him tomorrow at accies first game of the season...

Excellent appointment, I was fearing that he''d be donning the tracksuit again but I''m really pleased he''s back. This is potentially an important role and one that he could be very good at.I was just saying the other day about the club needing to make better use of the loans system, which is a much bigger part of professional football than it was 20 years ago. As I said before, we have the potential to nurture more than just youth talent.I''d like to see us buy a few ''post youth'' players, ie players aged roughly 21-25 who already have league experience and give them the chance to play at a higher level via a loan. There are lots of reasons why good players find it harder to progress up the ladder, but often it''s to do with money and mid tier clubs not wanting to take a risk.If clubs are willing to take our academy players, then they''ll be willing to take good players with experience (think of a pre-Norwich Hoolahan or Holt). We can well afford to do this and at worst we can trade in if a player hasn''t made it, whereas with youth they often leave on a free.Adams could be the perfect man to allow us to take full advantage of the loans system in order to have a few more irons in the fire than most other PL clubs.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]Although a bit of a ''how does he fill his day?'' job, I''m sure he will have a few to monitor when the 25 are named next week[/quote]

Matthews and Morris are already out on loan

and its seems like Gafiati may be going to Hamilton on loan soon.

I thought the 25 is named at the end of August?

Let''s remember this guy was picked as our manager being the best in Europe. He will be there again to replace Neil once he has proven himself as a top Premier League manager and poached by a big club!

a role that plays across the development and first team squads andgives him, I assume,  contact with other clubs on  a regular basis.    Feels like a role to support adams in getting him back in sight for other clubs until he finds a managerial role as a vacancy arises.

I Fear this will create a negative vibe around Colney like it did when he was manager. What happens when he meets Bassong, Wolf etc etc.

He was not a big enough man to deal with problems when manager. What will he do when he meets these players in corridors etc etc.

Does this mean Adams will be Loaning out all our best players to lower half premiership clubs like he did last season with Bassong to Watford.

Do people have to be so blinkered and negative? AN has said time and again that the best thing for the development of promising youngsters is to have them playing properly competitive football rather than just Development games. Added to which, the club owes it to our youngsters to help them as much as possible to fulfill their potential. That doesn''t just mean finding a club to take them on loan; it also means actively mentoring them in conjunction with the recipient club. What happened at Blackpool with Jacob M illustrates the need for the new role. Do people really think that clubs with successful Academies and Development programmes (the big four, Saints etc.) don''t have somebody who looks after their many loanees? Do you just send them out and wash your hands of them? No you don''t, at least not if you want to attract promising youngsters into your Academy.

If the club announced that a new position of ''loans manager'' would be created and and Joe Bloggs was going to do it.The general opinion would be that it''s obviously a job that''s needed and forward thinking by the club, but because it''s Neil Adams the position is being downgraded.