Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

It's been 2 days now....

The news of Francis not playing against Colchester came 2 days ago.  He has now been included in the squad photo and Worthy has said he will be involved against Inter Milan.

So far Portsmouth have made no new bid nor have they said that their previous offer still stands.  Anyone else have this horrible feeling that Pompey are not going to do anything and NCFC will have a big mess to clear up?

NCFC won''t have a mess to clear up - Francis and his agent will have one of their own making.

If Francis is still here at start of season, I would not envy his position.

I DONT REALLY THINK TO MUCH CAN BE TAKEN FROM THE SQUAD PICTURE! PORTSMOUTH & FINNAGEN ARE TRYING TO MANUFACTURE A DEAL TO GET FRANCIS ON THE CHEAP & I CAN GAURENTEE THE AGENT WILL POCKET ANY SAVINGS MADE BY POMPY. IF IT HASN''T HAPPENED B4 THE END OF THIS W-END WE SHOULD TELL PORTSMOUTH IT AINT HAPPENIN. WE DONT WANT A SITUATION WHERE THEY OFFER THE RIGHT MONEY THE DAY B4 THE WINDOW CLOSES. £1.8 MILLION IS PROBABLY A REALISTIC COMPROMISE. I STILL THINK THIS WILL HAPPEN I JUST HOPE IT HAPPENS SOON. I HAVE A SNEAKY SUSPICION IT WILL ALL GO THROUGH 2MORROW!

[quote]NCFC won''t have a mess to clear up - Francis and his agent will have one of their own making. If Francis is still here at start of season, I would not envy his position.[/quote]

I understand what you are saying Dicky and Francis'' agent could well be digging his client a career grave but City will still have a mess.  They will have a player worth £2m that doesn''t want to be at the club and who is likely to be sat in the reserves collecting his wages .  I would call that a mess, not of our making but still a mess.

Good old Wigan, offering £3.5M for Jagielka a player unproven at premiership, how much is Francis worth now? If we are asking £2M I''d say thats a snip for a player who scored 7 Premiership goals from midfield last season.  I think I would double his price for any prospective buyers.

I think Francis is really hoping he wont be here for much longer as are most of the senior players and management.

Apparently due to his performances at the back end of last season have led to him being rejected by members of the dressing room and his behaviour in pre-season has enhanced his unpopularity amongst his fellow players.

Francis has clearly allowed his agent to be his mouthpiece and the hole they are co-digging will take ages to fill and smooth over.

If Francis is being misrepresented by his agent, he should speak out in a similar way to what Hucks did, because this debacle has gone on far too long for him to remain silent any longer.

Dont think it really matters how much other players are going for, I would just like to avoid the situation of Francis sitting in the reserves.

If Francis stays it could effect morale and I think that getting back to the Prem is much more important than one player. If we dont go straight back up this season we will have a much bigger rebuilding exersise to do without, I feal, the likes of Green and Ashton.