Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Mulumbu out for 3 months? Nasty rumour!?

From the BBC...

Norwich midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu will miss the opening part of the season after suffering a broken metatarsal in the friendly against Brentford on Saturday.

The former West Bromwich Albion midfielder and Democratic Republic of Congo international will undergo an operation on the injury on Monday after picking up the knock in the second half of City''s 2-1 win over the Bees at Carrow Road.

City boss Alex Neil said: "Unfortunately Youssouf has a fractured metatarsal which requires immediate surgery. We anticipate his recovery should take several weeks and this is something we will be able to assess further after the operation has taken place."

Balls. Was looking like a cracking signing. At least we have a lot of midfielders to cover.

Not the end of the world but a huge blow as previously stated he will probably miss lots of games at the start of the season when we would have hoped to clock up points. Lets hope tettey stays fit or else we may need to spend some more cash we cannot afford a poor start to the season

Always look on the bright side Lincoln. It''s a blow, but not a huge blow. It''s something we can work around.

Herman wrote the following post at 03/08/2015 6:31 PM:

Always look on the bright side Lincoln. It''s a blow, but not a huge blow. It''s something we can work around.

It is a huge blow Herman FFS, on Saturday, Brady and Mulumbu were the shining lights, together with CJ when he came on.

The guy would have been a key player for us particularly during the early part of the season when we have a reasonable run of winnable fixtures.

A fractured metatarsal can be anything from 3 to 8 weeks before it can be exercised and then of course the player needs to regain match fitness because he sure as hell will not be puting any weight on it in those 3 - 8 weeks. Also it depends on which one it is as to the length of time it takes to heal and exactly where the fracture is, normally the closer to the ankle the longer it takes as there is less blood flow.

Let''s hope it is a minor fracture and hopefully he will be back within 6 to 8 weeks.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Herman wrote the following post at 03/08/2015 6:31 PM:

It is a huge blow Herman FFS, on Saturday, Brady and Mulumbu were the shining lights, together with CJ when he came on.

The guy would have been a key player for us particularly during the early part of the season when we have a reasonable run of winnable fixtures.[/quote]Put it into context. As our squad currently stands,if it were Jerome or Bassong then I would class it as a huge blow. As we have a large midfield selection, although not as good as Mulumbu, it CAN be worked around. Now stop panicing. If your like this after one piece of bad news you ain''t going to survive a whole season.

Herman wrote the following post at 03/08/2015 7:00 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Herman wrote the following post at 03/08/2015 6:31 PM: Always look on the bright side Lincoln. It''s a blow, but not a huge blow. It''s something we can work around. It is a huge blow Herman FFS, on Saturday, Brady and Mulumbu were the shining lights, together with CJ when he came on. The guy would have been a key player for us particularly during the early part of the season when we have a reasonable run of winnable fixtures.

Put it into context. As our squad currently stands,if it were Jerome or Bassong then I would class it as a huge blow. As we have a large midfield selection, although not as good as Mulumbu, it CAN be worked around. Now stop panicing. If your like this after one piece of bad news you ain''t going to survive a whole season.

Ha ha, it''s a big blow, maybe the "huge " word is the issue Herman.

Not worth haggling save to say that from a pretty meagre transfer period this guy is a shining star and to lose him is big, very big, verging on huge.

I''ve had this injury myself. Will be a good six weeks before he''s kicking a ball again

A setback certainly, but a more positive view might be that we''ll need Mulumbu most against the top sides. It''s a long season and we have the resources to get over this.

Yelloow Since 72 wrote the following post at 03/08/2015 7:52 PM:

A setback certainly, but a more positive view might be that we''ll need Mulumbu most against the top sides. It''s a long season and we have the resources to get over this.

It''s big but not huge Yelloow!

By the way, did you finally remember when Jerome played for WBA?

i''ll sound old here, but this wouldnt happen if players wore football boots like they did in "my day".....and I''m only going back 15-20 years here.

Its been a while since I last played football ,and longer still since I brought a pair of boots.....a few months ago ,out of sheer curiosity ,I had a look at some of them close up in the Nike superstore at Riverside and was frankly aghast out how lightweight boots are and the flimsy material theyre made out of.

I dont know which is the harder to understand, how manufacturers can design such an ill -equipped item that offers zero protection from injuries......or why on earth footballers would want to wear them?

.In my day the adidas predator was considered the revolutionary fad ,but thats a hob-nailed boot compared to these slippers of today.....but I far rather wear them anyday of the week.

In fact looking back I am sure there was a reservoir tip on the end of RvW''s boot when he missed that sitter against West Ham.

Great our next sick note!

Put a bandage on it and play through the pain, bloody hell in Nutty''s & Tils day this would be a minor inconvenience.

Serves them right playing in overpriced coloured plimsoles instead of real footy boots like those good old days.

Bloody modern prima donnas!