Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Crystal Palace sign striker Connor Wickham from Sunderland

Doubt he will be first choice ahead of Glenn Murray who seems to do very well whenever he''s picked, or Dwight Gayle. Bit of an odd signing in that I don''t see what Wickham has that they don''t already have slightly better versions of.

Other than spots, obviously, he''s good with those.

quite a good reality check this transferit just reaffirms that if youre a premier league club then you have to pay big bucks for even average players like wickhamas little as 7 million only gets you a wickham, if we want to stay up delia needs to dust off that purse

I think he''s quite decent. Would expect him to become first choice there.

Agree with GJP. I reckon he''ll do pretty well there. Can see Wickham moving ahead of Gayle, who I think Palace will shift before the transfer window is finished.

Well at least they''ve signed someone, which is more than can be said about us.Yes I know we''ve got a couple in but in all seriousness we need to start spending some of that money on players who can make a difference instead of just talking about it.FFS City, get a move on before it''s too late.

I would much rather have Wickham in our squad than RVW. Even in a patchy career to date I have seen him play some decent games, and given a run I wouldnt be at all surprised to see him notch regularly.

Palace must not be taken lightly.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Well at least they''ve signed someone, which is more than can be said about us.Yes I know we''ve got a couple in but in all seriousness we need to start spending some of that money on players who can make a difference instead of just talking about it.FFS City, get a move on before it''s too late. [/quote]
Dear god. It''s "SIGN ANYONE NOW QUICKLY GO GO GO".
Hi Peter Thorne.

Well, I think the remark about the big money needed when you R a PL side is justified. If we want a decent player we will have to spend...end of But then again , does our board want to spend and do we splash out 8 million on a fairly average player? But we need another signing or two and it will cost money because we need some class!

They have also signed Bamford so I expect him and Wickham to be ahead of Murray in the pecking order.

Since he joined Sunderland in the summer of 2011, Wickham has scored 11 league goals (4 in the cup) - Just shows what £8 million gets you these days!