HOOLAHAN

GRABBAN

TEAM FOR SEASON AFTER NEW SINGINGS SETTLE IN

RUDDY

WISDOM MARTIN(NEW CB?) BASSONG OLSSON

ODJIJA-OFOE TETTEY MULUMBU

REDMOND BRADY

GRABBAN[/quote]

ahhhh, difficult, so squad is better than I thought, despite the few signings.....

Lots of you have decided our PoTS and our captain are not going to be starting once the new players bed in?

Who is new captain going to be?

Im going for a kind of 4231 but with howson on the right. Not really a right winger but right midfieler.

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Brady

Tettey

Howson Dorrans Johnson

Hoolahan

Jerome

Rudd Wisdom Odjijda-Ofoe Redmond O''Neill Hooper Grabban

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Im going for a kind of 4231 but with howson on the right. Not really a right winger but right midfieler.

Ruddy

Tettey

Howson Dorrans Johnson

Hoolahan

Jerome

Rudd Wisdom Odjijda-Ofoe Redmond O''Neill Hooper Grabban[/quote]

Had hoped for a lot stronger than that for our first game. One new signing. If that''s the team that starts against Palace it will be a very sad start to our season. But probably will be.

GJL I''d be really pissed off if we don''t go out for 3 points from this game, it must be a targeted 3 pointer?

Redmond on his form has to start this game, would be frustrating as hell to see Grabban start ahead of Jerome!

The trouble is Palace have pace up top and we have Martin & Bassong who both make at least 1 mistake per game.

Still let''s hope Neil has them motivated and believing they can compete and beat Palace.

I reckon:

Ruddy

Mulumbu (Tettey if injured) Dorrans

Redmond Hoolahan Johnson

Jerome (Grabban if he isn''t fit)

Harsh on Howson, but I think Neil may choose Dorrans over him.

GK. Ruddy

LB. Brady

CB. Bassong

CB. Martin

RB. Wisdom

CM. Tettey

CM. Howson

LM. Bradders

RM. Redmond

AM. Hoolahan

ST. Jerome

Can only see a

Ruddy

Whits  Martin  Bassong  Brady

Tettey

Redmond Howson Wes Johnson

Grabban

Starting line ip now.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Can only see a

Ruddy

Whits  Martin  Bassong  Brady

Tettey

Redmond Howson Wes Johnson

Grabban

Starting line ip now.

[/quote]

And I can see a 3-1 loss.....

We have to play Jerome up top, Grabban has struggled the back end of the season.

I can''t see us keeping a clean sheet with Seb, Martin & Whitts playing.

I really thought we might well have at least a new improved CB maybe even two.

Still with a decent performance we might get off the the normal draw against Palace!

I''d go with:

Wisdom, Martin, Bassong, Brady

Tettey

Redmond, Howson, Johnson

Wes

Jerome.

F*ck me you''re a miserable child Indy, "we haven''t bought enough players I like so I think we are shit" basically what you''ve said in this thread.

If Alex Neil can''t get these players believing they can beat the likes of the mighty Crystal Palace we may as well not turn up, like some on here.

[quote user="Monty13"]F*ck me you''re a miserable child Indy, "we haven''t bought enough players I like so I think we are shit" basically what you''ve said in this thread.

If Alex Neil can''t get these players believing they can beat the likes of the mighty Crystal Palace we may as well not turn up, like some on here.[/quote]

😘 yes let''s all pretend that Bassong, Martin and Whitts will be turned into a world class defensive outfit by a decent manager

Neil is a good manager not a miracle worker and that team will not beat Palace.

Jerome has to start as does Redders to give us pace and power up top, they were superb in the playoffs and final.

So not a miserable and I wish I was a child, just my opinion along with any other if you don''t like it tough! 😅

Some definite selections may be in the spine - Ruddy, Bassong, Howson, Wes, Jerome.

For the rest I would select Tettey, Redmond, Brady, Johnson, and then two others - probably Wisdom and R. Bennett

If he breaks his habit of selecting just one striker, then Grabban would come in as another winger/striker, then either Howson, Johnson or Wes would have to be "sacrificed"

On the bench would be Vadis,Dorrans, Andreu, Martin, Toffolo, Rudd,, Murphy, Whittaker.

I would be confident about my first five in the spine, but can''t really predict the others, but the Palace Manager has the same difficulty!

With Mulumbu injured, I think it will be pretty much the same team as the Wembley final but with Brady in for Olsson.                        RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Brady                       Redmond  Tettey Howson  Johnson                      Hoolahan                       Jerome

I agree with LDC''s line-up. Keep a settled and experienced defence and a known formation rather than experiment. If changes are required later, we have the bench for that.

Its quite something when you think we could have brought in quality to actually improve our first 11.

Mulumbu would have been in but I do hope we see a new centre back and striker at this club.

These are winnable games at the start we cannot waste this opportunity to get on the board with wins as quickly as possible.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I agree with LDC''s line-up. Keep a settled and experienced defence and a known formation rather than experiment. If changes are required later, we have the bench for that.[/quote]Yep, thirded.

Starting XI: Ruddy; Whitts, Russ, Bass, Brady; Redmond, Howson, Dorrans, Jonho; Jerome.

Bench: Rudd, Wisdom, Vaddis, Wes, Tettey, Grabban, Hooper.

[quote user="The Engineer"]Starting XI: Ruddy; Whitts, Russ, Bass, Brady; Redmond, Howson, Dorrans, Jonho; Jerome.

Bench: Rudd, Wisdom, Vaddis, Wes, Tettey, Grabban, Hooper.[/quote]I guarantee Pardew won''t be prepared for that. We can sneak the eleventh player on later once he''s got the measure of us... [:)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]With Mulumbu injured, I think it will be pretty much the same team as the Wembley final but with Brady in for Olsson.                        RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Brady                       Redmond  Tettey Howson  Johnson                      Hoolahan                       Jerome

[/quote]

This is the lineup I expect except if we''re up against a pacey winger on our right hand side I wouldn''t be surprised if Wisdom comes in ahead of Whittaker.

With the exception of Brady and Grabban it will be the team we got relegated with when Chris Hughton was here, cant wait.