Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Loan to cover mulumbu?

If it is only several weeks then it is only several games and we surely wouldn''t have been playing Tettey AND Mulumbu at home? Vadis, O''Neil and Tettey can fill the gap.

I still have hoopers "several weeks" fresh on my mind... Hopefully mulumbu is a bit more naturally fit than Hooper though so will slot straight back in when his foot heals.

No need at all right now - m-f is an area where we are well stocked; should the recovery not go so well we can always have a look at the end of the transfer window, but I doubt we need to.

As has been said, wouldn''t like to be playing Mulumbu and Tettey together all the time (though Mulumbu would probably be first choice) so not the end of the world.

Plenty of options in Dorrans, Howson, O''neill, Vadis, Andreu.

.....should also be remembered that once Olsson returns in the next couple of weeks, it will allow Brady to move onto the left wing thus making Johnson available to play in the middle if required.

if this had to happen, then this was the one area where we are most covered.

and as others have stated ,there will be times where both Mulumbu and Tettey will be needed and times when only one.

most of those occasions come at the end of october i.e man city,chelsea,man united ,arsenal.......at least with the fixtures we''ve been presented with in the first 2 months of the season, this will almost force us to play a ball playing midfielder i.e Dorrans /Howson against some of the "lesser" teams......and I would suggest that this coming Saturday is such an occasion?

If Mulumbu isn''t expected to return until December at the earliest then a loan until January, or even another purchase, would be a very good idea. Who that would be is another question.His injury is a massive blow. Mulumbu was one of the true Premier League additions to our first team. 

We don''t play a ''top 6'' team until Man City away at the end of October, until then we can get away with playing one defensive  midfield

I think we would only need to bring someone in IF Tettey picks up and injury in the next couple of weeks.   After him we have O''Neil who can be effective there and Thompson.

Dorrans Howson & VOO have also played there and remain options too,  although no where near as effective as Tettey or O''Neil.   What would worry me most is if BJ plays there;  its not a role he excels with the lack of discipline to hold position exacerbate by his poor passing.  

[quote user="Pyro Pete"] Mulumbu was one of the true Premier League additions to our first team. 
[/quote]

Agree completely with this

As things stand the squad we have isn''t any better than the one we had two years ago. So we''re lucky he''s only out for a couple of months, otherwise we''d almost certainly be staring relegation in the face from the get go.

[quote user="juicy plams"]As things stand the squad we have isn''t any better than the one we had two years ago. So we''re lucky he''s only out for a couple of months, otherwise we''d almost certainly be staring relegation in the face from the get go.[/quote]

Absolute rubbish.

RVW, Hooper, Elmander, Becchio

Or

Jerome, Grabban, Hooper, RVW, Lafferty

Lost: Snodgrass, Fer, Pilkington, Gutierrez

Gained: Dorrans, Mulumbu, Brady, O''Neill, Vadis, Andreu

Yes the defence needs strengthening but with better players and a far more attacking, positive manager, to say if Mulumbu was out any longer we''d be staring relegation in the face from the get go, is ridiculous.

Before the start of the 2013/14 season I would have definitely said the RVW, Hooper, Elmander, Becchio line up.

If Grabban can or will score goals in the Premier League is a bit of an unknown and Jerome had an equally bad record as RVW in his last Premier League season.

I''m not overly concerned about Mulumbu that Norwich will need to sort out a loan, but just pray that AN won''t be tempted to put Johnson in a defensive midfield role again. Tettery and Dorrans behind Howson is strong enough for the first few months.

At least the international breaks will mean he misses fewer games than if he did the same later in the season...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]At least the international breaks will mean he misses fewer games than if he did the same later in the season...[/quote]

Good point! How many games will he miss if he comes back for November?