Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

Lee Tomlin

yes i have seen that today. More of a playmaker than out and out forward was a handful in the championship and decent age, supposed to have impressed Neil in latter stages of last season. Borough would want to hang on to him though so we would have to pay through the nose

Got absolutely slated by boro fans after his wembley performance where thy accused him of going missing. Also a bit of a fat bloke!

A mate of mine, who is genuinely in the know with all things Boro, said before the playoff final that if Boro didn''t go up Tomlin was off to Bournmouth.

I''m not sure that it''s a position we need to strengthen as a priority with Wes, Andreu, VOO and Howson able to play in that role.

Swindon canary wrote; Have you seen the price they are asking for a new passport ?

There a poster on here from time to time can sort them a passport at real good price.

Tomlins is a decent player - but I''d have thought it''s not an area we''re particularly short in unless someone is leaving. I''d not be too bothered by any of the boro players performances at Wembley - they were pretty average (thankfully) and are a lot better than they showed that day

People are aware that professional football clubs in a multi-billion pound industry do know how to test body fat right? Most tend to have a % cap, if the player is above they will rarely be considered, or at least trained into shape.

Lee Tomlin is not ''fat''.

We need goalscorers and defenders and Tomlin is not that ,was just looking at Paddy Powers top scorer prices for the premiership a list of over 80 players and some pretty woeful names at that but none of the Norwich strikers even get priced up. Can we please try to strengthen the areas that need it , time is fast running out and most of our easy games are early in the season .

Interesting little (very) fact.

Lee Tomlin made his first appearance for ''Boro coming on a substitute for non other than Kai Kamara.

KK didn''t last too long there either and, although I will always have a soft spot for this player, it seems as if a career in English football was never to be.

Some of us, including myself, had high hopes of him at the time. Now the many of us who fear the strength of our current forward set-up should recall the time KK was briefly seen as our saviour (and we just acquired Becchio as well.)

Replaced by Lee Tomlin ar Championship level and now back at Columbus Crew.

[quote user="Liquidator"]People are aware that professional football clubs in a multi-billion pound industry do know how to test body fat right? Most tend to have a % cap, if the player is above they will rarely be considered, or at least trained into shape.

Lee Tomlin is not ''fat''.[/quote]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2951540/Lee-Tomlin-two-stone-overweight-Middlesbrough-star-devour-Arsenal.html

Liquidator wrote the following post at 31/07/2015 1:11 PM:

------------

Yes, yes he is, don''t worry yourself though.

If we are looking at M''Boro players I''d rather have Ben Gibson, thought he looked useful. But they''ll be convinced they''ll go up this year so all will be hard to prise away I would have thought.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Liquidator wrote the following post at 31/07/2015 1:11 PM:

------------

Yes, yes he is, don''t worry yourself though.[/quote]

Patronising statements are better than logical arguments.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="Liquidator"]People are aware that professional football clubs in a multi-billion pound industry do know how to test body fat right? Most tend to have a % cap, if the player is above they will rarely be considered, or at least trained into shape.

Lee Tomlin is not ''fat''.[/quote]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2951540/Lee-Tomlin-two-stone-overweight-Middlesbrough-star-devour-Arsenal.html[/quote]

This doesn''t contradict any of what I said. He''s had problems with it, isn''t the first footballer, won''t be the last, my point is that these things are monitored and clubs like Middlesborough and Norwich will very very rarely allow an out of shape player to reach the first team.

Liquidator wrote the following post at 31/07/2015 3:18 PM:

Patronising statements are better than logical arguments.

---------------------

Bless

He''s a decent player but his temperament used to be an issue when he was at Peterborough. Always getting red carded and then getting into scuffles in nightclubs.Since joining Middlesbrough he seems to have turned over a new leaf but it would still be a risky move.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]He''s a decent player but his temperament used to be an issue when he was at Peterborough. Always getting red carded and then getting into scuffles in nightclubs.Since joining Middlesbrough he seems to have turned over a new leaf but it would still be a risky move.[/quote]

It''s probably not the best idea to get into a scuffle in a Middlesbrough nightclub !

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Have you seen the price they are asking for a new passport ?[/quote]

Have you seen the prices they ask for visas to come into the UK?

According to a Boro supporting colleague he''s been training on his own whilst waiting to sort out a transfer to a Prem side - apparently we''re still interested. Not sure on this one but sounds like he''s definitely on the move

Would be very underwhelmed if we signed him. No better than what we''ve got.

If Wes injured/not performing, I would prefer to see Howson/Dorrans/Vadis in this role, than Lee Tomlin.