Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Telegraph review of 15/16 PL kits

Not really that keen it would seem.

Norwich City home

Piet Mondrian is down to his last two tins of paint, violent yellow and undistinguished green. He''s very tired. He can''t make the rectangles match up pleasingly. Symmetry cannot be achieved. And there''s a huge, square patch with an insurance company''s name still to be plastered on the middle. The stuff of nightmares.

VERDICT: Offensive

Norwich City away

Nowhere near as upsetting as its home game sibling, but note the colours. Norwich''s home shirt is yellow and green in more or less equal part. This here, the "alternate" strip, well... That looks an awful lot like green and yellow to us. Unacceptable.

VERDICT: WHY?

Picture: NORWICH CITY

!BONUS INCLUSION!

Norwich City third

If we did every team''s third shirt we''d be here for an even longer period of questionably-spent time, but would you just look at this horror show? What the... What? And it''s yellow and green. Which, as we''ve established, really isn''t going to be that useful. Let''s just hope a sudden influx of new Premier League commercial opportunities doesn''t force Norwich into fixtures against Jamaica, Australia or the Green Bay Packers.

VERDICT: Punishable by iImmediate relegation

Picture: NORWICH CITY

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 03/08/2015 5:29 PM:

Interesting, but only because my review of the Telegraph consists of: why does anyone read this pile of ***?

I wonder if their extreme political bias tends to influence their evaluation of footy kits? Interesting point Branston.

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 03/08/2015 6:00 PM:

Nothing political about it - it is just a piece of garbage, totally ruined by its current owners.

Which paper do you read Branston?

lincoln canary wrote the following post at 03/08/2015 6:24 PM:

It does really make you wonder who sanctions these shirts.

The general concencous from both the fans and media, is that the kits look awful. Except maybe the away shirt.

It''s surely easier to make a eye pleasing shirt, then to get it as bad as this!

It does Lincoln, there were loads of people wearing the home and away shirts on Saturday, mainly kids from what I saw, so presumably they like it. Either that or perhaps they just want to be associated with their local PL team, who can blame them for that, great news.

But looking at the kit without the associated emotion, it is pretty SH1T in my humble opinion.

But hey, why risk stating an honest opinion and run the risk of a generic accusation of negativity.

The author can slag us off but they can''t spell immediate correctly

Canary Jedi wrote the following post at 03/08/2015 11:06 PM:

The force is indeed strong in the third kit. Wish it was our first kit

You must be familiar with Kit Fisto.

When the latest batch of oldies kicks it who is actually going to read newspapers?

I don''t think I''ve bought a newspaper in my adult life, it''s ridiculous.

Compared to our kit there are some real disasters out there... I''m a lot happier with ours having had a scan of some of the others. The 3rd kit is starting to grow on me... I''m beginning to think it will be the modern equivalent of the bird poo kit.

The article is mildly amusing but essentially rates all the kits on "how much do they look like Roy of the Rovers style kits as we think they used to look like in the 50s ?".

It''s simply that you need new designs every year based around yellow and green...

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]Compared to our kit there are some real disasters out there... I''m a lot happier with ours having had a scan of some of the others. The 3rd kit is starting to grow on me... I''m beginning to think it will be the modern equivalent of the bird poo kit.

The article is mildly amusing but essentially rates all the kits on "how much do they look like Roy of the Rovers style kits as we think they used to look like in the 50s ?".

It''s simply that you need new designs every year based around yellow and green...[/quote]This[Y]Ours are,by a long way, not the worst going. Newcastle and Spurs are awful for such normally simple kits. Swansea''s away. And Stoke''s. Go an have a look at some of the badly designed disasters.[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11773397/Premier-League-kits-1516-reviewed-and-ranked.html?frame=3393821[/url]And keep your eyes open for Bournemouth''s third kit. Like Ruddy''s pink nightmare.

Its fair to say there are some real stinkers out there....if placed in a table and points awarded for each clubs 3 shirts its a no brainer we would win the league by a country mile !!

Our kits are really beginning to grow on me to be honest. I''m all for making a unique kit that actually is worthwhile changing kits for. With regards to the Telegraph piece, quite how the author favours West Ham''s kit as ''the winner'' I''m not really sure why. If I was a West Ham fan I''d just wear the kit from any one of the last 20 season and nobody would notice the difference!

Love or loathe our kits, there''s a reason why they''re selling! People want something different and unique.