Sign in to follow this  
SeniorCanary

Speroni & Cabaye injured...

Cabaye would even things up...

Shame if we both have our best cm posters injured tho. Got faith in tettey though. Hope his knee holds out.

Looks like Cabaye could play, just a slight doubt. Whereas Speroni is definitely out it seems. They do have Alex McCarthy to come in though.

Alex Mccarthy is a very good back up keeper. And I imagine will take the number 1 spot now anyway.

Rumour has it cabaye will recover.

Would be more pleased to see Zaha and Bolasie out injured. Will cause are full backs big problems.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Alex Mccarthy is a very good back up keeper. And I imagine will take the number 1 spot now anyway. Rumour has it cabaye will recover. Would be more pleased to see Zaha and Bolasie out injured. Will cause are full backs big problems.[/quote]

OUR!!!  OUR!!

Good Lord! What do they use to educate the young these days... text on chocolate bar wrappers?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Alex Mccarthy is a very good back up keeper. And I imagine will take the number 1 spot now anyway. Rumour has it cabaye will recover. Would be more pleased to see Zaha and Bolasie out injured. Will cause are full backs big problems.[/quote]

OUR!!!  OUR!!

Good Lord! What do they use to educate the young these days... text on chocolate bar wrappers?

[/quote]

Candy!

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]

Mulumbe is a bigger lose for us ![/quote]How come you didn''t have a go at me ? Is it because you know I''m an oldie ?  I know it should have been loss and would have changed it if I could !

[quote user="SwindonCanary"][quote user="SwindonCanary"] Mulumbe is a bigger lose for us !
[/quote]

How come you didn''t have a go at me ? Is it because you know I''m an oldie ?  I know it should have been loss and would have changed it if I could !
[/quote]

The answer is obvious Swindon. It would be less than generous to conclude that anything other than a typo is the reason for the wrong letter at the end of a four letter word. However, when more than a few are using "are" instead of "our" in a three letter word one would have to be Mother Theresa to consider it a typo.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"][quote user="SwindonCanary"] Mulumbe is a bigger lose for us ![/quote]How come you didn''t have a go at me ? Is it because you know I''m an oldie ?  I know it should have been loss and would have changed it if I could ![/quote]

The answer is obvious Swindon. It would be less than generous to conclude that anything other than a typo is the reason for the wrong letter at the end of a four letter word. However, when more than a few are using "are" instead of "our" in a three letter word one would have to be Mother Theresa to consider it a typo.

[/quote]Seriously, let it go. Some people are good at English, some people aren''t. There''s no need to barrack those who aren''t as if they''re some kind of inferior stratum of person. I worked as a freelance proof-reader for years, and I notice every typo and every misplaced apostrophe, whether I want to or not – but that doesn''t give me carte blanche to hector people whose language skills aren''t that great. We''re here to discuss football, not linguistics.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"][quote user="SwindonCanary"] Mulumbe is a bigger lose for us ![/quote]How come you didn''t have a go at me ? Is it because you know I''m an oldie ?  I know it should have been loss and would have changed it if I could ![/quote]

[/quote]
Makes you wonder how these people can get a job. More to the point what pr@t has been in the position of authority to give them the job in the first place?
no wonder this country is dying on it''s Ar*e..too many idiots in positions of authority

Yeah f*ck ''em all, especially the dyslexic scum.Seriously – what the hell is going on here? It''s a football message board. The post Yankee attacked was perfectly comprehensible save for the our/are confusion. If you want to start a conversation about the state of education then go and do it in off-topic.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Yeah f*ck ''em all, especially the dyslexic scum.

Seriously – what the hell is going on here? It''s a football message board. The post Yankee attacked was perfectly comprehensible save for the our/are confusion. If you want to start a conversation about the state of education then go and do it in off-topic.
[/quote]

If you want to talk about football then do so. Otherwise, get back in your chicken coop and stop telling other people what they can and cannot comment on.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Yeah f*ck ''em all, especially the dyslexic scum.Seriously – what the hell is going on here? It''s a football message board. The post Yankee attacked was perfectly comprehensible save for the our/are confusion. If you want to start a conversation about the state of education then go and do it in off-topic.[/quote]

If you want to talk about football then do so. Otherwise, get back in your chicken coop and stop telling other people what they can and cannot comment on.

[/quote]I appreciate that I am complicit in dragging the thread further off-topic, so I''m not going to inflame things further other than to point out the inherent absurdity in telling me I am only allowed to talk about football.I''m just trying to make you aware that being condescending to people with inferior English language skills makes you look like a bit of a d!ck.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]it''s hard to get sarcasm over the internet despite my efforts it seems.[/quote]Ha, I did wonder – it was just about on the cusp of believable! [;)]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Seriously – what the hell is going on here? It''s a football message board. The post Yankee attacked was perfectly comprehensible save for the our/are confusion. If you want to start a conversation about the state of education then go and do it in off-topic.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I appreciate that I am complicit in dragging the thread further off-topic, so I''m not going to inflame things further other than to point out the inherent absurdity in telling me I am only allowed to talk about football.

I''m just trying to make you aware that being condescending to people with inferior English language skills makes you look like a bit of a d!ck.
[/quote]

No need to make me aware of anything sunshine. Given some of your past inputs I suspect I''m far more aware of more than what you have demonstrated to date. You come across as one of those people who are so abundant in today''s world....filled with political correctness and happy to tell others what they can and cannot say. Now, go and play in another corner with someone who is interested.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Yeah f*ck ''em all, especially the dyslexic scum.Seriously – what the hell is going on here? It''s a football message board. The post Yankee attacked was perfectly comprehensible save for the our/are confusion. If you want to start a conversation about the state of education then go and do it in off-topic.[/quote]

[/quote]I appreciate that I am complicit in dragging the thread further off-topic, so I''m not going to inflame things further other than to point out the inherent absurdity in telling me I am only allowed to talk about football.I''m just trying to make you aware that being condescending to people with inferior English language skills makes you look like a bit of a d!ck.[/quote]

No need to make me aware of anything sunshine. Given some of your past inputs I suspect I''m far more aware of more than what you have demonstrated to date. You come across as one of those people who are so abundant in today''s world....filled with political correctness and happy to tell others what they can and cannot say. Now, go and play in another corner with someone who is interested.

[/quote]That''s a long and detailed reply for someone who isn''t interested. Bit concerned about your syntax, though, especially the sentence: "Given some of your past inputs I suspect I''m far more aware of more than what you have demonstrated to date." Could probably have used another once-over, a little lacking in coherence.Shall we call it a draw and move on with our lives? [:)]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I appreciate that I am complicit in dragging the thread further off-topic, so I''m not going to inflame things further other than to point out the inherent absurdity in telling me I am only allowed to talk about football.

I''m just trying to make you aware that being condescending to people with inferior English language skills makes you look like a bit of a d!ck.
[/quote]

[/quote]
That''s a long and detailed reply for someone who isn''t interested.

Bit concerned about your syntax, though, especially the sentence: "Given some of your past inputs I suspect I''m far more aware of more than what you have demonstrated to date."

Could probably have used another once-over, a little lacking in coherence.

Shall we call it a draw and move on with our lives? [:)]
[/quote]

More obvious was your comprehension difficulty with my suggestion that "If you want to talk about football then do so" with your confusing that to mean, "the inherent absurdity in telling me I am only allowed to talk about football."

Move on with your life, by all means but, a suggestion for you for the future. If you want to grow up to be a person more concerned with society and it''s progress then occupy yourself less with telling others what they can and cannot say and name calling ( which you did but I did not ) and more with helping others improve themselves. The number of posters I have observed using "are" for "our" is something that is always worthwhile correcting. It just might rub off on one or two for their benefit.  

More obvious was your comprehension difficulty with my suggestion that "If you want to talk about football then do so" with your confusing that to mean, "the inherent absurdity in telling me I am only allowed to talk about football."

Move on with your life, by all means but, a suggestion for you for the future. If you want to grow up to be a person more concerned with society and it''s progress then occupy yourself less with telling others what they can and cannot say and name calling ( which you did but I did not ) and more with helping others improve themselves. The number of posters I have observed using "are" for "our" is something that is always worthwhile correcting. It just might rub off on one or two for their benefit.  

[/quote]Fair comment – I shall try to be more positive and productive, and apologies for the name-calling.For your reference, you shouldn''t use an apostrophe in the instance of ''its'' above.Grammar Nazi FAIL [:D]

[quote user="CarrowCanary"]What happened to my thread!!???

I saw the amount of replies and views and thought I''d find an interesting read.....how wrong was i[/quote]Apologies for my part in the derailment, Carrow. I shall try to be on my best behaviour forthwith.On topic, Speroni is no big loss – he has been a massive part of their success in the past few years, but McCarthy is a terrific keeper. If Cabaye is passed fit, the combination of him, Bolasie and Zaha are quite a threat – I think we''ll be on the back foot for large parts of the game, and if Redmond starts it''ll be very important that he tracks back and offers support to the full-back (especially if it''s Whittaker, who is vulnerable again pace and skill).