Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Stadium Designs

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Other than CR which stadium designs do you like that are between 30k and 45k in capacity?[/quote]

The capacity at CR isn''t between 30k & 45k?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Other than CR which stadium designs do you like that are between 30k and 45k in capacity?[/quote] 

The capacity at CR isn''t between 30k & 45k?

[/quote]Not yet...

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I would say the Arsenal ground maybe on a slightly smaller scale (and not the same prices for tickets !) [/quote]That is a great example but it seems some people would rather a stadium with a hotel in the corner and some roof pillars restricting some views of the pitch.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]I would say the Arsenal ground maybe on a slightly smaller scale (and not the same prices for tickets !) [/quote]That is a great example but it seems some people would rather a stadium with a hotel in the corner and some roof pillars restricting some views of the pitch.[/quote]

This is now getting ridiculous.  Not content with not being able to get much agreement with you on another thread, you are now appearing to be vindictive about people who actually want to see CR developed to it''s full potential.  You have proved on the other thread that you are fixated about moving being the long term future - and constantly refused to acknowledge the other side of the argument that there are many reasonable arguments for staying put. 

I have spent many hours arguing on here about the hotel being integrated into the stadium at some stage - which is still possible btw - and also can see the potential for building or extending the City Stand.  Yes it would cost a lot of money - would it be worth it?  Yes, imo.  With good planning and willpower, a 30,000 + stadium is quite possible, all four stands equal height, all four corners filled in.   It takes more imagination, ingenuity and persistence to do it than building from scratch - but restoring/developing something that is of great value to the city and it''s people is something that is in itself worthwhile and can stand the test of time.   

We don''t move consider moving the great institution that is the Castle Museum to the outskirts of Norwich to make it more accessible - so why should we consider doing just that to a football club - which is in itself a great institution?   Stadiums that are inner city - Arsenal. Tottenham. Newcastle. Old Trafford. Even Wembley.   Moving out of town/city centres may work for some places, but in others it doesn''t make so much sense.   Norwich is amongst the luckiest of places with the placement of its football club.  If you can''t see that.........

To answer the OP at face value... Stadium MK.

It is based on Benfica stadium of light and City of Manchester stadium and is a really well thought out stadium. Capable of international football and rugby.

I would recommend the following design: I''m pretty good with CAD software so I should explain some of the technicalities in the diagram.

"Tier 1", "Tier 2" and "Tier 3" are different tiers of the stadium where people can sit or stand if they want to.

The "Train track" is the local train service.

The "Road" allows for cars, buses and other motor vehicles to pass nearby the stadium.

The "pitch" is where the match is played.

[img]http://s29.postimg.org/lo9xfd7kn/ncfc_stadium.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Oh, that;s a shame.

My plan picture is here in case anyone can be bothered.

[/quote]Like[Y]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Oh, that;s a shame.

My plan picture is here in case anyone can be bothered.

[/quote]Like[Y][/quote]That''s excellent, however it doesn''t solve the mystery as to where it should be built.I hope you don''t mind, but I''ve put your plans into a map of Norwich so people can see how they like it plans.[img]http://s3.postimg.org/piclyr49f/bgt.jpg[/img]

That is a great suggestion Faded Jaded, but I prefer Bor''s. I particularly like the corners, where there appear to be large holes into which you could throw people who annoy you.

We could start filling them with Waveney and all his aliases And maybe Tom.

Sporting Lisbons stadium, Estadio Jose Alvalade. Capacity of 50000, even has a yellow and green colour scheme already. If only we could lift it from Lisbon and drop it on Broadland...

During the Women''s World Cup, you may have noticed Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton seems to have a large majority of its seats between the goal lines. This seems much better than having most fans in corners and behind the goals.

Another important attribute newer stadiums feature that generate a lot of income are the field boxes, and plenty of them. Companies pay a lot for those, and use them to motivate employees and schmooze with potential clients.

Lake''s response was hilarious because he seems so distraught.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]During the Women''s World Cup, you may have noticed Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton seems to have a large majority of its seats between the goal lines. This seems much better than having most fans in corners and behind the goals.

Another important attribute newer stadiums feature that generate a lot of income are the field boxes, and plenty of them. Companies pay a lot for those, and use them to motivate employees and schmooze with potential clients.

Lake''s response was hilarious because he seems so distraught.
[/quote]

In your head maybe, but not in mine.