Sign in to follow this  
drunkunmunkey

TalkSports Stan Collymores Final Premier League Table

http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-champions-liverpool-miss-out-top-four-again-stan-collymores-premier-league

Has us to finish 18th, relegated along with the other promoted teams.

But also has Swansea to finish a lofty

6th.

I''ll try again...

Good. I''d be concerned if he had us to stay up. All we need now is Didi Hamann to tip us to be relegated.

[quote user="drunkunmunkey"]http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-champions-liverpool-miss-out-top-four-again-stan-collymores-premier-league

Has us to finish 18th, relegated along with the other promoted teams.

But also has Swansea to finish a lofty

6th.[/quote]
only once in premier league history have the 3 promoted teams gone down the following season.

He won''t be far out but there will probably only be one games difference between finishing 15th than finishing 18th.That is the game we need to win.

I''ve just looked at the current table on the BBC web site and we''re 12th so we''re punching well above Stanley''s prediction so far.

That''s what I hate about promotion, it would be much better being the worst kit in The Championship [;)]

I love the fact some on here get so bent out of shape when a pundit has an opinion! He''s not far wrong, and agreed there won''t be too much between the bottom 6 sided never is!

As for the kit, take away the Norwich aspect had that been Watford everyone would agree that it''s not a nice kit!

So what do you think is the worst kit and the best in the premiership?

Arsenal puma kit is my favourite and I think Swansea has a worse home shirt that ours.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We haven''t addressed our goal scoring or defensive problems. It can be no wonder we are predicted to go down.[/quote]

Everyone knows that the main problems Manchester United have is with their defence and they''ve got rid of two strikers but they''ve not been tipped for relegation.

To be honest it''s going to a hell of an achievement to stay up,the premier league is getting stronger and stronger just look at the players Palace have these days.We have a decent side but to stay up you need to be more than that.

is this the same stan collymore who openly admits to knowing nothing about the championship on a regular basis on his shows

[quote user="Paul101"]is this the same stan collymore who openly admits to knowing nothing about the championship on a regular basis on his shows[/quote]

No, it''s the other one.

Jamie Redknapp has us to be relegated too,maybe the pundits all need a pair of those yellow and green tinted glasses that make everything seem much rosier .

But why would they not see us getting relegated? They see that we finished the lowest of the promoted teams and haven''t signed as many players compared to most other teams. The signings we have made have consisted of 2 squad/reserve players from West Brom, a young defender who West Brom fans dislike because he wasn''t very good at RB, and a winger who''s been at a relegated club. On paper we look terrible to a neutral, however, as ncfc fans we know our club and we know that we have the same players more or less that finished 11th in the PL (and relegated - the difference being the strikers...which we''ve got new strikers since) and a manager with a phenomenal record. I think our fate will lie in the 2 new signings we make - Mbokani and Van Dijk (probably won''t get) is a top 13/14th place imo

TCCanary, do you  think that you are at the footballing messageboard equivalent of Rourke''s Drift this afternoon? Keep it up though :)

It is a bit easy/lazy for pundits to put us (and the other promoted sides) in the bottom 3, as the promoted sides are likely to tend towards those places. Without more knowledge about what''s what at each club, they''ll put us all there automatically - I don''t suppose we''ve done enough business to make them think we''ll do much better, perhaps Watford have done too much?!

The thing is that these predictions are all far too early: the transfer window has a month left before it closes, all the comments about ''not sure if they have bought enough'' are being made while teams are still doing business.

Mrs Miggins,Whilst I do concur with you, we cant keep comparing the fact that our players were good enough to stay up three seasons ago with the relative strength of other teams today. With the additional TV money and retaining their PL status, many of the teams who should be our natural competitors (say West Ham, Stoke, West Brom, Swansea, Palace, Southampton) now have better squads than they did when we were last in the PL.Most pundits seem to suggest that there are three leagues in the PL (top 6, the rest and the relegation candidates). It is not just lazy journalism to suggest that we are in a 6/7 team mini league with Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester, Villa, Sunderland and possibly Palace). I would be overjoyed if we were in the top half of this mini-league and feel that breaking into the mid table bunch will be beyond us this season, particularly if we pick up injuries to a few of our really key players. The thought of losing Bassong for anything other than a few matches sends shivers down my spine!

Of all the teams that have won promotion via the playoffs, over half of them have come straight back down. Danny Murphy has said that we are the most equipped to stay up though, as we have a lot of PL experience in our squad.

Several of my friends have also said that they reckon of the 3 promoted teams, we are the most likely to survive. I think we should stay up, as I feel our players have good experience

Let''s not forget that the season hasn''t even started yet, and hopefully we can prove Collymore wrong

I also have big belief in Alex Neil - if we signed him last summer I reckon we probably would have got automatic promotion, just like if we signed Dean Ashton at the start of the 04-05 season we would have stayed up and not experienced a 6-0 defeat at Craven Cottage

I like the bit that says, ''One of the most outspoken pundits in the business, when Stan talks, you listen.''

No, that''s when I switch off.

How''s the dogging going Stan?

I think there is a psychological toughness about both our squad

& manager that will see us through, certainly more than the other promoted teams. It then depends on how clubs like Villa, Sunderland, Palace, Newcastle etc. stand up, but I expect at least one of them to get the jitters.

It''ll be close, but I reckon we''ll survive.

I said a month back West Ham, Watford and A. Nother, who that team is could be anyone from another 10 teams.. Nail me to a mast and I might say Villa, I don''t think Sherwood will hang around if they end up in a dogfight and it all depends on if they can replace Benteke''s goals. I''m not a fan of Gestede, if he gets more than 5 goals I''ll be gobsmacked, which essentially means it''s all down to how well Jordan Ayew does. He had a decent season last year but didn''t set the world alight (admittedly if he had done he wouldn''t have ended up at Villa) and then there''s the prospect of losing him for 10 weeks for the African Cup of Nations. Incidentally I don''t knwo when he''ll leave but we play them on the 28th December and again on 6th Feb with the final due to be held on the 7th Feb so come on Ghana!

Scrap the bit about Ayew going off with Ghana, it''s the African Nations Championship in 2016 and the African Cup of Nations in 2017! So Ayew will still be with Villa..

Newly promoted sides struggle with the huge gap between the Champs and the Prem every season, its hardly a well kept secret.If you don''t know much about the promoted clubs, its a pretty easy guess to tip them for relegation.

Stan''s table looks like last season''s final table with the order slightly different. I think it''ll almost certainly be different as there''s almost always a couple of surprises.Regarding Norwich, despite having PL experience we''ve got to remember that most of that experience is of playing badly and generally struggling. It''ll be a repeat of 2013/14 with a different manager, but in a league where survival has since got more difficult.Sorry for the dose of realism, but we''re nailed on for relegation because the club has made too many mistakes and failed to show any real ambition. We''ll probably finish bottom.