Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Could Gary Hooper be off if Alex Neil signs another striker?

It''s been interesting following the speculation this summer as it always is. There has been quite a lot of suggestion that Gary Hooper would be on the move. This maybe doesn''t come as a massive surprise given he rarely started games under Alex Neil, and it''s fair to say our manager sees him as an impact sub at best.

However, the question remains on why he is still in the building just days before the season is due to begin. I think the simple answer to that is Neil won''t allow him to leave without having a replacement lined up first. So, it will certainly be interesting to see what happens if and when a new striker is signed.

Here is a piece I did on it a little while ago to keep the conversation moving :)

https://www.the-newshub.com/football/gary-hooper-will-norwich-city-allow-striker-to-leave-if-they-can-find-a-replacement

I think Mcnally has been getting annoyed by the speculation surrounding Hooper, same as last season. Can''t see him going anywhere; RVW and Lafferty on the other hand

Will probably be Lafferty and one of hooper/wolfswinkel. Depending on which one they could get most money for or which one was on a bigger contract.

You''ll need to rely on pure speculation regarding the value of NCFC players contracts! Highly confidential and rightly so...

I know where and by whom they are done and wouldn''t dream of asking.

RVW is on the bigger contract, but Hooper is a valuable member of the squad. Can''t think of many second strikers that we could get which are better than him (mind you he''s pretty hopeless when he''s up front on his own - which is why he''s only played in a two when he does play).

I agree that it seems we wont need a new striker and hoops, rvw & lafferty; without a doubt we will want to move them and they wage burden on if at all possible.