Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

The grapes continue

The grapes continue to grow sour in deepest Suffolk

In a spoof article entitled:

"Norwich relegation campaign begins."

We get this colourful prediction of the supporters of the Championship''s longest serving team, albeit laced with no small amount of schoolboy (very) humour.

""Excitement is mounting in Norfolk as Norwich City’s relegation campaign kicks off this weekend with a bottom-of-the-table clash against mighty Crystal Palace."

"The Canaries are confident of finishing in the bottom three after their play-off victory at Wembley in May."

"And cocky Norwich fans are sure their plucky Carrow Road heroes won’t let them down."

"Dwayne Pipe, who lives in Great Yarmouth with his sister and their two young children, boasted: “If we play to our true potential, we’ll definitely go down."

“In manager Alex Neil we have a man who will be able to restrict Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City to scoring just five goals against us. And the likes of Liverpool will be lucky to get three.”

Norwich fans enjoy a close family party held to celebrate relegation

Club owner Delia Smith is sure her team will cook up a relegation treat. A pal said: “She loves a relegation battle and can’t wait to get started."

“Delia is a wise old bird. She knows being in the bottom three puts the club in the spotlight, and that can only be a good thing.”

Defeat at home against Palace will set up the relegation campaign nicely, with the south Londoners’ new striker – ex-Ipswich Town star Connor Wickham – expecting to get a hat-trick.

Meanwhile, Ipswich, who are Norwich’s bigger East Anglian neighbours, begin their season with a Championship trip to one of the country’s biggest clubs, Brentford."

Whilst we are all fully aware that the difficulties facing us next season will be no different from those usually faced by any newly promoted team, survival would be all the sweeter for providing another red-faced moment (like light aircraft with banners and messages on motorway bridges) for the History Boys in blue.

Bless em, they have their history though.

In fact they are a bit like the Liverpool of the Championship.

I look at it this way

when I was a boy WW2 seemed a long way off

now my little boy of 9 has the same gap to the scums history

he did ask me the other day if Ipswich would ever beat us again

all he has ever known is from the lambert years up

Bears a striking similarity to the uncontrollable mirth at the ''mind the gap'' comment from our pathetic neighbours last season and we all know how that back-fired!!!!